07-17-2014 03:18 PM
404 ... 1314151617
tools
    iPhones and Androids are almost the main revenue for Apple and Google respectively. Microsoft's main revenue source is quite different...

wait, huh? main revenue sources?
    07-08-2014 02:30 PM
    I thought advertising was Google's main revenue source.
    07-08-2014 02:39 PM
    wait, huh? main revenue sources?
    I'm not a native english speaker, please forgive me.

I thought advertising was Google's main revenue source.
    My mistake, I meant Shamesung.
    paulxxwall likes this.
    07-08-2014 02:42 PM
    I'm not a native english speaker, please forgive me.

My mistake, I meant Shamesung.
    How are Samsung and Android translated to your language? :P
    07-08-2014 03:00 PM
    Galaxy phones..?
    07-08-2014 03:22 PM
    Seriously Microsoft gone mad or what???
    It's really annoying..
    AngrySprintUser likes this.
    07-08-2014 03:32 PM
    Around here these 2 need to integrate a bad word somehow, no matter your native language!
    07-08-2014 03:34 PM
    I wouldn't blame anyone for jumping ship if MS does this.
    07-08-2014 04:07 PM
    Whoever said MS will abandon WP and focus on Android? The OS is not going anywhere, okay? MS is just releasing an Android product and that's it.

But hey, I am also not convinced with this Android Lumia. Don't know why MS would do such thing
    07-08-2014 04:16 PM
    Whoever said MS will abandon WP and focus on Android? The OS is not going anywhere, okay? MS is just releasing an Android product and that's it.

But hey, I am also not convinced with this Android Lumia. Don't know why MS would do such thing
    Concept/prototype I guess... I mean car manufacturers make concept cars all the time that look and sound awesome but never make it into general production.
    07-08-2014 04:26 PM
    if this news is true, I think not only current WP user will abandon ship, everyone at MS is prepared to do so as well
    AngrySprintUser likes this.
    07-08-2014 07:30 PM
    So, before... or is it after everyone has thrown themselves off the WP cliff. Lets understand that WP the OS is not going anywhere.... will there be an Actual Android OS powered phone branded under Lumia/Nokia/Microsoft? Maybe? Will Microsoft put an Android VM on the WP OS? Most likely yes.

An Android VM is not a replacement OS... Let me say that again.... AN ANDROID VM is NOT a REPLACEMENT OS. A VM (Virtual Machine) is an App that allows one to run Android Apps! Good Idea? Bad Idea? Yeah, I'm not really sure... is it a cheap way to sell WP handsets and tap the Android App store? possibly.

Yet another Android Phone (YNAP).... done by Microsoft? Yeah, I'm thinking so what... This falls in that bucket where Samsung is making a Tizen based phone- OMG the Android King is making a non-Android phone! Really? Yeap, the Samsung-Z

Maybe we need a touch of perspective, Microsoft wants to get out of 3rd place... and if that means putting a VM on their phone to run non-WP apps....or worst- YNAP... go for it... nothing says you have to run Android apps on your WP..... or for that matter buy a YNAP.

~ScottGeek.
    07-08-2014 07:46 PM
    look at BB10...sure it can run android apps but does it do it better than actual android OS? No, and no one is rushing to buy one. I don't understand how is adopting the same failed strategy will somehow turn into a success for WP...
    psudotechzealot likes this.
    07-08-2014 08:27 PM
    look at BB10...sure it can run android apps but does it do it better than actual android OS? No, and no one is rushing to buy one. I don't understand how is adopting the same failed strategy will somehow turn into a success for WP...
    I think BB's main problem was getting rid of the main feature that people bought BBs for - ie the full qwerty keyboard. They had to backtrack and bring a BB10 model out that had one in a hope to increase sales.
    07-08-2014 08:31 PM
    And that's the thing... plus what David P2 is saying about the missing Keyboard from the BB... some more BB things to add... All of the bad press about BB falling behind and the enterprise walking away from BB. Once you hit that slope in Consumer Electronics... it's very hard to come back.

It seems that Microsoft is trying to address the complaint of the APP GAP with Android/iOS..... Yeah, I'm not sure it's the smartest way to go about it... the trick will be how well will the Android VM work under WP... not to mention which flavor of Android to emulate and which VM to use... Oh my G! It's starting to feel like a CF....

~ScottGeek.
    07-08-2014 09:20 PM
    Because Android apps are Java. Java is cross platform. iOS apps are not That's why it's Android.
    Damn, I forgot about good old java.
    07-08-2014 09:54 PM
    I see it clearly now... Having android apps is interesting but it is not the best option if WP wants to grow as a mobile os. Devs sure will stop making apps. It's a too risky move. Maybe if Microsoft tries to encourage more giving very attractive economic conditions for devs to make apps... I am sure there is a lot of effort put there but ms and wp just can't stop. We want it to grow and be better than ever ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    msxbox likes this.
    07-09-2014 12:01 AM
    Her friends read it here on my Nokia blog clearing every confusion whether it's Android Lumia or Android apps in Lumia both are under work
    http://mynokiablog.com/2014/07/08/al...e-bye-wp-devs/
    07-09-2014 12:03 AM
    Definitely Still Buying Lumia Device With Windows Phone

if Windows Phone gone I think i'll stuck on iPhone. android system always required higher hardware compared to other

maybe MS just want to show us what will happened if android running on Lumia device and compared to the original Lumia Device which run Windows Phone

still I use Windows phone cause impressed to it's performance. android phone doesn't gave me that lol
    07-09-2014 12:08 AM
    Her friends read it here on my Nokia blog clearing every confusion whether it's Android Lumia or Android apps in Lumia both are under work
    ALL Lumia with Android Apps? #WindowsPhone โ€“ Hello Malware? Bye bye WP devs? : My Nokia Blog
    What do you mean 'clearing every confusion'? That site's far from anything official and clearly part of the rumor mill, heck, it doesn't even give you anything new and substantial besides (yet again) mulling over the evleaks and eldar stuffs (which are both rumors.) Please don't fuel the flame with false information and bold claims.
    Not everything with 'Nokia' in the name is made by Nokia you know.
    David P2 likes this.
    07-09-2014 05:43 AM
    What do you mean 'clearing every confusion'? That site's far from anything official and clearly part of the rumor mill, heck, it doesn't even give you anything new and substantial besides (yet again) mulling over the evleaks and eldar stuffs (which are both rumors.) Please don't fuel the flame with false information and bold claims.
    You clicked the link? ;-)
    07-09-2014 06:30 AM
    isn't Eldar infamous due to his all wrong predictions?
    psudotechzealot likes this.
    07-09-2014 06:32 AM
    Microsoft knows the needs of peoples and they want to satisfy their costumers with all types of products.

I m proudly welcome if Microsoft bring it on Lumia phones ๐Ÿ˜Š
    07-09-2014 08:20 AM
    Am not flaming am the same Nokia Lumia WP lover....i was just fed up with this discussion every where every one is discussing it but no benefit and then i received this mail... Just a heck and i wanted to share it here that's all
    07-09-2014 08:56 AM
    So, before... or is it after everyone has thrown themselves off the WP cliff. Lets understand that WP the OS is not going anywhere.... will there be an Actual Android OS powered phone branded under Lumia/Nokia/Microsoft? Maybe? Will Microsoft put an Android VM on the WP OS? Most likely yes.

An Android VM is not a replacement OS... Let me say that again.... AN ANDROID VM is NOT a REPLACEMENT OS. A VM (Virtual Machine) is an App that allows one to run Android Apps! Good Idea? Bad Idea? Yeah, I'm not really sure... is it a cheap way to sell WP handsets and tap the Android App store? possibly.

Yet another Android Phone (YNAP).... done by Microsoft? Yeah, I'm thinking so what... This falls in that bucket where Samsung is making a Tizen based phone- OMG the Android King is making a non-Android phone! Really? Yeap, the Samsung-Z

Maybe we need a touch of perspective, Microsoft wants to get out of 3rd place... and if that means putting a VM on their phone to run non-WP apps....or worst- YNAP... go for it... nothing says you have to run Android apps on your WP..... or for that matter buy a YNAP.

~ScottGeek.
    Finally!!!! A smart and considered response... MS needs to be clever with their strategy as Google has a stranglehold on the market.
    All this 'sky is falling' and knee jerk reactions are tiresome to say the least. If all these people who are going to leave the platform because they believe WP is dead then, Goodbye, you won't be missed!!!!
    ScottGeek and LumiaWorld like this.
    07-09-2014 12:30 PM
404 ... 1314151617