07-17-2014 03:18 PM
404 1234 ...
tools
    I will control my temper till the rumor is proved to be true. Seriously, is this all MS is about?
    I guess it's all about the MONEY!
    07-07-2014 01:59 AM
    I just don't get it!
    They have all this plan for WP and they coming out with this crap!?
    Last edited by Guytronic; 07-07-2014 at 05:08 PM.
    07-07-2014 02:03 AM
    If this is true, satya nadella better be off to a mental asylum
    07-07-2014 02:08 AM
    Well they have been trying to push us away stealthily, I men look at the music app. Any one who used that should have run away to and iOS/Android device but we didn't get the hint lol

Honestly, if WP falls, then Microsoft falls slowly, and to me, they are already dead. There will be no confidence in their products from OEMS, devs, I wonder how Rudy Huyn will feel about this news
    Xeon Gutierrez likes this.
    07-07-2014 02:09 AM
    In 1994 Microsoft had a campaign- "Where do you want to go today?" and people went with Microsoft.

Today, I ask Microsoft, "Where do you want to go today?"
    07-07-2014 02:12 AM
    So, now the 'most personal phone' is going to be the 'most abandoned phone'
    07-07-2014 02:13 AM
    MS already makes Android devices, it looks like all they're doing is putting the Lumia name on them now. I don't understand why you guys are getting all uptight about this. I certainly don't believe any of you are going to abandon Windows Phone when this happens, this is all just a bunch of fluff.
    msxbox and ttsoldier like this.
    07-07-2014 02:14 AM
    Ballmer would have been too proud to ever let this happen. I have a feeling it's Nadella who's pulling the plug (assuming these rumours are correct of course).
    07-07-2014 02:16 AM
    This rumor comes just as Microsoft begins getting their act together with WP, with more OEMS, and plans to launch devices across all carriers.
    07-07-2014 02:18 AM
    If you can't beat em. Join em!!!!!!

This is the kind of BS you expect from someone who is too candy *** to hold his ground.
    07-07-2014 02:18 AM
    MS already makes Android devices, it looks like all they're doing is putting the Lumia name on them now. I don't understand why you guys are getting all uptight about this. I certainly don't believe any of you are going to abandon Windows Phone when this happens, this is all just a bunch of fluff.
    Lumia is Microsoft's flagship phone brand, implying that the products under that brand are high quality, and the focus of Microsoft's care. Even if this rumor is true, and turns out to be a 520 or 630 level phone under the Lumia brand, it shows that to Microsoft, Android and Windows Phone are equal. That is them saying that they think their product is sub par to the competition.

If the company making the product doesn't have faith in their phone OS being the superior phone OS, then why should us users have faith in it?
    07-07-2014 02:20 AM
    I bought my wife a Nokia X, just because it was cheap and the last Nokia phone, at that time probably the last of its kind (Microsoft releasing another Android phone? Never, they'll kill the X line as soon as they have control over Nokia!)

I must say, I really like the X interface. Fastlane is very useful and more in line with the first iterations of Windows Phone than anything Microsoft added in the recent months. I would love to see it coming to WP9.
    With the X, they address my biggest problems with the X, the speed. If they now bring an high end Nokia Lumia X by Microsoft with Canon PureView I really don't see a use for Windows Phone anymore. At some point you have to ask yourself, are we truly doing something better or are we just doing something different for the sake of being different? Microsoft answers this question with an Lumia X in a way I wouldn't had expected three months ago.

If it happens, the only question remains: Is a Lumia worth the hassle or should I simply get a real Android device? With bother with an 2nd class app store if all MS apps are also available in the 1st class app store.

I would probably only miss Cortana, but since real Lumia sales would be the absolute minority, I'm pretty sure they will bring it to Lumia X very fast.
    Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk.
    Xeon Gutierrez likes this.
    07-07-2014 02:20 AM

The Lumia name pretty much carries WP on its own right now, if you want a Lumia and all it represents, you have to go Windows. Tell consumers they can get an Android phone and still get a Lumia, they have no reason to ever buy a WP.
    07-07-2014 02:21 AM
    I guess this was the thing or gift to WP which would upset the world as previously said by MS engineer...i guess we will have to join IOS at last... Loyalty offers nothing
    07-07-2014 02:22 AM
    I guess this was the thing or gift to WP which would upset the world as previously said by MS engineering...
    Exactly what I was thinking.
    07-07-2014 02:25 AM
    Could they use Lumia for Android Devices and Surface for WP devices?
    07-07-2014 02:26 AM
    All those android phones you speak about are lower end models. Imagine if they bring Android to top end devices(if it is stock android it's even worse), many would prefer those Lumias than the WP ones especially in markets like India.

This in turn would prompt developers to abandon WP totally because they can cover huge userbase by just writing apps only for android(this will include those switching from WP too). Why would they care to even develop or support an app for such a small userbase which will shrink even further of those high end or mid level Lumias start coming out?

I'm from India and many of my friends who admire Nokia's hardware are holding back from buying one because of the app gap. If MS tries to bring android to Lumia rather than work to close those gaps that would be a loss to WP's share in the future
    07-07-2014 02:31 AM
    Could they use Lumia for Android Devices and Surface for WP devices?

The reason doesn't matter, the end result does. Unless you're an unconditional fanboy (and there are tons of them on this site) there is absolutely zero reason to get a WP over Android. I guarantee you Cortana will be on the Google Play store if you were thinking about that.
    07-07-2014 02:33 AM
    I guess this was the thing or gift to WP which would upset the world as previously said by MS engineer...i guess we will have to join IOS at last... Loyalty offers nothing
    This will only upset the windows phone users. And the new comers who just spent money on WP rather than on an android.
    msxbox likes this.
    07-07-2014 02:33 AM
    If it is true,i will never purchase a 'Microsoft' phone in the future.๐Ÿ‘Ž
    Mavee Shah and Milan Aleksic like this.
    07-07-2014 02:37 AM
    I bought my wife a Nokia X, just because it was cheap and the last Nokia phone, at that time probably the last of its kind (Microsoft releasing another Android phone? Never, they'll kill the X line as soon as they have control over Nokia!)

I must say, I really like the X interface. Fastlane is very useful and more in line with the first iterations of Windows Phone than anything Microsoft added in the recent months. I would love to see it coming to WP9.
    With the X, they address my biggest problems with the X, the speed. If they now bring an high end Nokia Lumia X by Microsoft with Canon PureView I really don't see a use for Windows Phone anymore. At some point you have to ask yourself, are we truly doing something better or are we just doing something different for the sake of being different? Microsoft answers this question with an Lumia X in a way I wouldn't had expected three months ago.

If it happens, the only question remains: Is a Lumia worth the hassle or should I simply get a real Android device? With bother with an 2nd class app store if all MS apps are also available in the 1st class app store.

I would probably only miss Cortana, but since real Lumia sales would be the absolute minority, I'm pretty sure they will bring it to Lumia X very fast.
    Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk.
    Maybe Android is the future of computing. Apple should give up on iOS's slowly decreasing share and fork Android.. Oh wait, Apple has confidence in their products.

The point is having faith in your platform. Why should I buy an Android Lumia, if it is probably that Microsoft will just give up on that too soon enough, screwing me over once again?

Though I agree, as a consumer, I like the Nokia X better than other low end Droids.
    Nogitsune Micah likes this.
    07-07-2014 02:38 AM
    I have a feeling it's Nadella who's pulling the plug
    Who said anything about pulling the plug on anything? Jesus!
    07-07-2014 02:42 AM
    Well, I can understand your frustration (I've passed this point, I don't care much anymore, maybe it's just my mood today, I don't know) but imagine the frustration of people working passionately on Windows Phone for years and how they feel when they get such things dictated and then read these threads on the forums (what they certainly do).

Well, I guess it comes with the job.
    07-07-2014 02:44 AM
    If it is true,i will never purchase a 'Microsoft' phone in the future.๐Ÿ‘Ž
    So do i
    07-07-2014 02:45 AM
    Yeah I'm likely getting the new iPhone. Hell I may just say screw it and get an iPhone 5s.

I think I am done with windows phone.
    07-07-2014 02:47 AM
404 1234 ...