The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
07-17-2014 03:18 PM
404 12345 ...
tools
    Well, I can understand your frustration (I've passed this point, I don't care much anymore, maybe it's just my mood today, I don't know) but imagine the frustration of people working passionately on Windows Phone for years and how they feel when they get such things dictated and then read these threads on the forums (what they certainly do).

Well, I guess it comes with the job.
    I admire the work by the Windows Phone developers. WP is my favorite OS, as I am sure it is the favored OS of many readers of this forum. The potential that their work could be undermined by moves such as this Android Lumia saddens me. That should not, and hopefully will not happen.
    07-07-2014 02:51 AM
    I will wait until this happens and if it is really true, i am going back to android or iOS if i save some money for iPhone. I can't believe that even Microsoft gave up on Windows Phone...
    07-07-2014 02:52 AM
    If this is true, Nokia should have opted for Android and potentially survived, rather than throw their weight behind Microsoft and Windows Phone and go under.
    07-07-2014 02:56 AM
    If this is true, Nokia should have opted for Android and potentially survived, rather than throw their weight behind Microsoft and Windows Phone and go under.
    No nokians were legend they trust and believe in their product and they also take much care of their loyal community but MS just suck and is going to be dumped by its own loyal community very soon if they do such bull****
    07-07-2014 03:00 AM
    If true I'll switch to iOS!
    07-07-2014 03:05 AM
    "We will not be bound to one app, one device, in one place." - Satya Nadella
    07-07-2014 03:12 AM
    nope.jpg
    Nope nope nope nope nope...
    snowmutt likes this.
    This news is huge. The chances of this being fake is very slim. eVleaks is rarely wrong. I don't think he will be wrong about something this big.

Then again, on his "Nokia road map" article, this wasn't part of it. Well I guess things change
    Who said anything about pulling the plug on anything? Jesus!
    If they do release an Android Lumia there will be NO REASON for anyone to buy WP anymore. So if it's true then they are essentially pulling the plug on WP.
    07-07-2014 03:20 AM
    I can't believe that even Microsoft gave up on Windows Phone...
    Where exactly does it say they're giving up on Windows Phone?
    07-07-2014 03:20 AM

While it is not stated that they gave up on windows phone, using the Lumia brand which is synonymous with windows phone for any android device sure as hell makes it look like they are giving up or at the very least diluting the brand.

I can't see them having two os for one brand. Even Samsung has the galaxy android line and ativ windows line.
    snowmutt likes this.
    07-07-2014 03:24 AM
    Their actions say that. Bing is better on Android, OneNote is better on Android, Skype is better on Android, they were thinking about bringing Cortana to Android, So if they do release a Lumia with Android that means they don't believe in WP anymore. Nobody is going to buy WP anymore, especially since MS themselves don't care about it anymore, therefore they are going to pull the plug on WP eventually..
    07-07-2014 03:25 AM
    I saw this tweet just now on my timeline. It was kind of a shock to me though. I mean, why would Nokia/Microsoft, be in the right mind to do such a thing now. Wouldn't this be a 180 degree turn from what they have been doing/saying all this time. When news website start reporting, I really worry for WP. Websites like Phonearena is just full of haters/flamers/trollers that just bash WP when they have the opportunity to. I try to avoid commenting on anything there, as it would be pointless. Having something like this would only give them more fuel to flame WP even more, and I really really want WP to succeed
    07-07-2014 03:27 AM
    Lumia is just a label....
    Again 'the sky is falling'. Why would MS be releasing a slew of new Lumia WP phones if they were going to abandon it??? There is also the upcoming devices based around WP.

It's their business and they can do what they like. After all they ARE running a business!!!

I, for one, will stick with WP until the end, and if it does end, so what? It's only a phone!!!!
    07-07-2014 03:27 AM
    Me personally, I will not leave the WP platform unless MS completely abandon it. Seriously, don't you think MS can develop both platforms? Because as far as I am concerned, they made the X series similar to WP (at least the interface) to make easier for people to decide to get a Windows phone ��. Now they will probably dig deeper, but NOT abandoning their own platform.
    Keep in kind, there is NOTHING about abandoning the WP in the rumour, simply a new device for a specific purpose.
    I don't understand people crying �� , you are so sensible that even starting with a rumour you start to cry...
    Edit 1: Why the emojis are not showing up....
    snowmutt likes this.
    07-07-2014 03:28 AM
    Even though it's not direct, it indirectly gives the meaning that they MS themselves consider android as the superior OS.

And many still stick to WP because of Nokia's name and if and when they start offering pure android(not the forked one) many of those Nokia fanboys will surely switch to the android offerings. That I call slow death to WP.
    07-07-2014 03:30 AM
    Even though it's not direct, it indirectly gives the meaning that they MS themselves consider android as the superior OS.

And many still stick to WP because of Nokia's name and if and when they start offering pure android(not the forked one) many of those Nokia fanboys will surely switch to the android offerings. That I call alow death to WP.
    I don't see any direct or indirect meanings. Just tears and speculations of fanboys.
    07-07-2014 03:32 AM
    I don't see any direct or indirect meanings. Just tears and speculations of fanboys.
    Fanboys who promote the OS the most. It's not good to make your fanboys cry.
    07-07-2014 03:34 AM
    Fanboys who promote the OS the most. It's not good to make your fanboys cry.
    Every platform is made for general consumer, or you think 99% of WP users are its fanboys?
    Edit 1: And how do fanboys promote, if they begin to cry so easily? I thought they must be confident, till the end of days no?
    07-07-2014 03:36 AM

And many still stick to WP because of Nokia's name and if and when they start offering pure android(not the forked one) many of those Nokia fanboys will surely switch to the android offerings. That I call slow death to WP.
    Absolutely right
    07-07-2014 03:38 AM
    Every platform is made for general consumer, or you think 99% of WP users are its fanboys?
    Edit 1: And how do fanboys promote, if they begin to cry so easily? I thought they must be confident, till the end of days no?
    Well that's just nothing to calm us...man what is the idea of promoting an OS whose owner can't even give you a single highly demanded application... You are providing them the best experience of your survives and now joining them to kick your own **** alot much easily
    07-07-2014 03:40 AM
    And also how many Lumia owners i have met till today are just Nokia fanboys...
    07-07-2014 03:41 AM
    If this is true, I'm pretty sure MS execs will come up with some lousy excuse and put it in a video trying to calm down the user base. Windows Phone is improving right now. More so than ever. Why make ****ty moves like these NOW of all times? Oh that's right.....cause it'll definitely sell more, than a Lumia with windows phone on it!!

MS and Nokia are a company. And for them, i guess, business comes first.
    Business = money.
    Loyalty = NOTHING!!

Again.....IF THIS IS TRUE. It's just a rumor so far and I hope it stays that way.
    Last edited by rizzo183; 07-07-2014 at 05:11 AM.
    07-07-2014 03:42 AM
    I agree that 99% of users in any platform are just general customers and they would expect huge value for the money they pay.

Nokia over the years is known for its product quality. If it starts offering android in the mid range devices( it's the market which is showing huge growth), those 'general customers' will prefer Nokia's android rather that the WP ones because they get the best of both worlds and thus means this customers are the one who are pulling the plug off .
    07-07-2014 03:44 AM
    If this happen nd ms kills wp I will switch to android completely.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
    07-07-2014 03:44 AM
404 12345 ...