07-17-2014 03:18 PM
404 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Any News leaked by @eveleaks are nothing but just true. IMO, they are introducing/working installing Android apps in WP phones instead of developing Android in Lumias.

If really MS leaving the WP and going to Android platform then its their own decision and we cant do anything with that and in future we can show to our children's hey this is WP from MS/Nokia like now remembering Symbian from Nokia :D

Don't bother about the changes , let them happen :)
    prasath1234 likes this.
    07-07-2014 06:02 AM
    This will definitely lead to the death of WP as a platform. The thinking behind this is obviously to push MS services and with that aim the underlying OS doesn't really matter to Microsoft. I would join others in going with ios, can't stand anything to do with google, and hopefully we will see the same result as when MS abandoned Windows Mobile and people moved away from Microsoft mobile platforms to android as I don't think Microsoft deserves to be in the mobile space.
    jevans911 likes this.
    07-07-2014 06:13 AM
    Andriod Apps on WP , well it will be a completely different STORE and definitely not google play store within an OS and some sort of emulation of android apps.

1. **** performance.
    2. App wrapper for apk files

Similar to what blackberry has done , 100 threads will be open in forums can someone post apk file , or certain function of app doesn't work. is this a native WP app or android wrapper !!

good luck Microsoft :)
    07-07-2014 06:13 AM
    Lumia and X series are made and treated independently. Well, they are obviously related in terms of strategy, but it should not affect the consumer.
    Again, MS is NOT abandoning WP, and we've heard a lot about new GDRs upcoming soon (as well as Threshold Q2 '15). So MS actually has very big plans regarding the Lumia WP.
    In my understanding, Microsoft requires Android OS (or AOSP, whatever) to create a bridge between the Android phones/iPhones and WP, because they are very different. I remember first time when I was looking at a Windows Phone, my first reaction was "Wha...?", but this OS was slowly and surely capturing my attention (probably the fanboys affected my decision, not excluded).
    So, IMO, in terms of global strategy:
    1st. Lumia WP
    2nd. (Lumia) Android.
    First you state X and Lumia are treated independently, and then you write Lumia WP and Lumia Android as a global strategy.

And of course are the Windows Phone and Android devices treated independently, there would be no other explanation why the X2 is better and cheaper than the Lumia 630 released at the same time.
    07-07-2014 06:14 AM
    Dont to let this happn.....
    Defently i would also shift to ios
    jevans911 likes this.
    07-07-2014 06:17 AM
    If Microsoft gives up on Windows Phone by selling Android phones, I'm also giving up on Windows Phone. There is no point getting WP when Android has much more to offer, and I despise Android/Google. I have a Lumia 1020 with one more year of service, then maybe it's time to start the slow move to an all Apple ecosystem. I've been a loyal MS customer all these years, and I feel like I've been stabbed in the back. I had a Zune (still the best music player, that the geniuses at MS decided to kill), Xbox 360, 2 Hotmail/Outlook accounts, recently deleted 1 of 2 Gmail accounts, use OneDrive over any other cloud storage, own a Surface when Android tablets can do much more, I can't buy a DJI Phantom Vision+ aerial drone because there are no Microsoft apps for it, have been a Windows Phone user since WP7 (HTC Titan).
    jevans911 likes this.
    07-07-2014 06:23 AM
    Being a MS fan is the hardest thing to be in the tech world. They never show any fortitude or faith in their own products.
    Mavee Shah likes this.
    07-07-2014 06:28 AM
    Hmmm, this evleaks rumor do correlate to Jerry Berg's statement.
    Hope I am wrong about this.
    07-07-2014 06:31 AM
    I was a BB fan until the bb10 was made to run android app....and now I've fallen in love with WP, they want to break my heart as my other love did? Well if Microsoft turns to another android OEM I might as well move on.
    Mavee Shah and jevans911 like this.
    07-07-2014 06:33 AM
    First you state X and Lumia are treated independently, and then you write Lumia WP and Lumia Android as a global strategy.

And of course are the Windows Phone and Android devices treated independently, there would be no other explanation why the X2 is better and cheaper than the Lumia 630 released at the same time.
    So yeah, independent platforms for a global strategy, did I say something wrong? And, as you can see, I wrote (Lumia) in brackets because I'm not sure about the Android brand.
    07-07-2014 06:38 AM
    Maybe that tweet was just an attempt to grab some attention and all this means is we're getting Google services on our phones?
    AlexanderJJJ likes this.
    07-07-2014 06:45 AM
    Yet another one jumping on the bandwagon: http://forums.windowscentral.com/gen...confirmed.html
    AlexanderJJJ likes this.
    07-07-2014 06:46 AM
    Here is it
    End of WP
    Android apps for WP & RT confirmed?

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status...09983785119744

This is from earlier confirmation that Microsoft will Sell Android Lumia range.

Copied from another thread
    07-07-2014 06:48 AM
    Yeah I'm likely getting the new iPhone. Hell I may just say screw it and get an iPhone 5s.

I think I am done with windows phone.
    Same here. Were you over in the Trophy or 928 forums before?

I'm probably in the minority, but I'm quite disillusioned about MS and Windows lately.

They left Media Center to rot (and decided to charge for it and require higher levels of Windows).
    Killed Zune/Zune Pass, even Media Player really. Giving us these 7th grade level "apps" on phone and PC.
    Killed WHS, first with the removal of DE, then outright.
    Stripping features from Hotmail/Outlook like domains. Ugh.

WP8.1 didn't just introduce new features/capabilities like Cortana, action center. It's like they had the Xbox Music team redo the interface for the whole OS on Friday afternoons.

I don't know.

/grumble grumble get off my lawn
    snowmutt likes this.
    07-07-2014 06:56 AM
    If this is true then MSFT's DevDiv needs to release a Visual Studio for Android pronto to remain relevant. The entire RT effort (WinRT and WinPRT) has been a complete, company-killing disaster.

If MSFT still wants to be a player in the OS world then they need to retrench around Win7 compatibility for developers. Create a secure subset of Win32, add a scalable UI API, add a Win32 Store, and backport that system to Win7. ISVs would have hundreds of millions of satisfied Win7 users to sell to and the scalable interface would allow for another attempt at tablets and phones in the future.

If MSFT doesn't do something like that then they should prepare to be bought out by AAPL or GOOG in five years. They'd be the "enterprise" arm of that buyer.
    07-07-2014 07:03 AM
    Sharing my thoughts about what's happening here. What I see is that everybody are making immediate conclusions after reading a rumor. Do you remember how did people react on Marcus Ash's thoughts about 'bringing Cortana on another platforms'? People were very frustrated as well, but afterwards Marcus clarified the situation and everything went fine.
    Just an overreaction.
    Last edited by Guytronic; 07-07-2014 at 05:25 PM.
    07-07-2014 07:03 AM
    Sharing my thoughts about what's happening here. What I see is that everybody are making immediate conclusions after reading a rumour. Do you remember how did people react on Marcus Ash's thoughts about 'bringing Cortana on another platforms'? People were very frustrated as well, but afterwards Marcus clarified the situation and everything went fine.
    Just an overreaction.
    Yaa u right ....its just an overeaction...but we can only hope all goes right for lumions.
    Last edited by Guytronic; 07-07-2014 at 05:26 PM.
    07-07-2014 07:04 AM
    If this is true then MSFT's DevDiv needs to release a Visual Studio for Android pronto to remain relevant. The entire RT effort (WinRT and WinPRT) has been a complete, company-killing disaster.

If MSFT still wants to be a player in the OS world then they need to retrench around Win7 compatibility for developers. Create a secure subset of Win32, add a scalable UI API, add a Win32 Store, and backport that system to Win7. ISVs would have hundreds of millions of satisfied Win7 users to sell to and the scalable interface would allow for another attempt at tablets and phones in the future.

If MSFT doesn't do something like that then they should prepare to be bought out by AAPL or GOOG in five years. They'd be the "enterprise" arm of that buyer.
    MS exists for decades, it had many failures, I very doubt it will be bought some day by Apple or Google...
    07-07-2014 07:05 AM
    I don't care about how many nokia x microsoft produces. If they tarnish the Lumia line with anything other than windows phone... let's just say my current ownership of lumia will be a very short one indeed.
    07-07-2014 07:06 AM
    MS exists for decades, it had many failures, I very doubt it will be bought some day by Apple or Google...
    Replace MS with BlackBerry
    unnatixlr8 likes this.
    07-07-2014 07:15 AM
    Replace MS with BlackBerry
    Lol, don't even compare BB to MS.
    07-07-2014 07:16 AM
    HTC has windows phones and android phones....

Why can't Microsoft.. It's all a money making game. They aren't going to stop making windows phone and the quantity of android phones they produce wont dent windows phone market share.
    Last edited by Guytronic; 07-07-2014 at 05:26 PM.
    07-07-2014 07:18 AM
    Strange rumour but not totally unexpected to be honest, I can see where MS is coming from as most of their patents are for android so why not increase the user base on activations while cutting their costs on manufacturing of their own divisions.

Business is business but it never stops hurting the man on the street.
    Ebuka Allison likes this.
    07-07-2014 07:18 AM
    Friend, time can change anything. It wouldn't be too unrealistic to put MS in place of Blackberry. All had their time Nokia, Nintendo, Sega, Commodore, Blackberry, Netscape, Atari, and Palm.
    paulxxwall likes this.
    07-07-2014 07:20 AM
    Both fell on knees in front of Android
    07-07-2014 07:25 AM
404 ... 45678 ...