Android powered Lumia from Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

unnatixlr8

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I dare anyone to find one reason this is good. You get a Lumia with all the camera capabilities and you get an OS that has more apps than WP. For all we know they could push it to the point of having the WP UI for skin.
Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk
Microsoft will leave almost no reason to buy wp. This is what called self destruct. Of course they would make money at the cost of someone's life. RIP windows phone (2010-2014)

andynew89

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
I just don't get it!
They have all this plan for WP and they coming out with this crap!?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Well they have been trying to push us away stealthily, I men look at the music app. Any one who used that should have run away to and iOS/Android device but we didn't get the hint lol

Honestly, if WP falls, then Microsoft falls slowly, and to me, they are already dead. There will be no confidence in their products from OEMS, devs, I wonder how Rudy Huyn will feel about this news

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
In 1994 Microsoft had a campaign- "Where do you want to go today?" and people went with Microsoft.

Today, I ask Microsoft, "Where do you want to go today?"

C

Craigtrain

MS already makes Android devices, it looks like all they're doing is putting the Lumia name on them now. I don't understand why you guys are getting all uptight about this. I certainly don't believe any of you are going to abandon Windows Phone when this happens, this is all just a bunch of fluff.

Sargon Aelther

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Ballmer would have been too proud to ever let this happen. I have a feeling it's Nadella who's pulling the plug (assuming these rumours are correct of course).

Xeon Gutierrez

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
This rumor comes just as Microsoft begins getting their act together with WP, with more OEMS, and plans to launch devices across all carriers.

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
If you can't beat em. Join em!!!!!!

This is the kind of BS you expect from someone who is too candy *** to hold his ground.

Xeon Gutierrez

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
MS already makes Android devices, it looks like all they're doing is putting the Lumia name on them now. I don't understand why you guys are getting all uptight about this. I certainly don't believe any of you are going to abandon Windows Phone when this happens, this is all just a bunch of fluff.

Lumia is Microsoft's flagship phone brand, implying that the products under that brand are high quality, and the focus of Microsoft's care. Even if this rumor is true, and turns out to be a 520 or 630 level phone under the Lumia brand, it shows that to Microsoft, Android and Windows Phone are equal. That is them saying that they think their product is sub par to the competition.

If the company making the product doesn't have faith in their phone OS being the superior phone OS, then why should us users have faith in it?

HelloLudger

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
I bought my wife a Nokia X, just because it was cheap and the last Nokia phone, at that time probably the last of its kind (Microsoft releasing another Android phone? Never, they'll kill the X line as soon as they have control over Nokia!)

I must say, I really like the X interface. Fastlane is very useful and more in line with the first iterations of Windows Phone than anything Microsoft added in the recent months. I would love to see it coming to WP9.
With the X?, they address my biggest problems with the X, the speed. If they now bring an high end Nokia Lumia X by Microsoft with Canon PureView I really don't see a use for Windows Phone anymore. At some point you have to ask yourself, are we truly doing something better or are we just doing something different for the sake of being different? Microsoft answers this question with an Lumia X in a way I wouldn't had expected three months ago.

If it happens, the only question remains: Is a Lumia worth the hassle or should I simply get a real Android device? With bother with an 2nd class app store if all MS apps are also available in the 1st class app store.

I would probably only miss Cortana, but since real Lumia sales would be the absolute minority, I'm pretty sure they will bring it to Lumia X very fast.
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk.

Tahiti Bob

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site

The Lumia name pretty much carries WP on its own right now, if you want a Lumia and all it represents, you have to go Windows. Tell consumers they can get an Android phone and still get a Lumia, they have no reason to ever buy a WP.

Mavee Shah

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I guess this was the thing or gift to WP which would upset the world as previously said by MS engineer...i guess we will have to join IOS at last... Loyalty offers nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)