Android powered Lumia from Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

keerthi vasan

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
MS already makes Android devices, it looks like all they're doing is putting the Lumia name on them now. I don't understand why you guys are getting all uptight about this. I certainly don't believe any of you are going to abandon Windows Phone when this happens, this is all just a bunch of fluff.

All those android phones you speak about are lower end models. Imagine if they bring Android to top end devices(if it is stock android it's even worse), many would prefer those Lumias than the WP ones especially in markets like India.

This in turn would prompt developers to abandon WP totally because they can cover huge userbase by just writing apps only for android(this will include those switching from WP too). Why would they care to even develop or support an app for such a small userbase which will shrink even further of those high end or mid level Lumias start coming out?

I'm from India and many of my friends who admire Nokia's hardware are holding back from buying one because of the app gap. If MS tries to bring android to Lumia rather than work to close those gaps that would be a loss to WP's share in the future

Tahiti Bob

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Could they use Lumia for Android Devices and Surface for WP devices?

The reason doesn't matter, the end result does. Unless you're an unconditional ****** (and there are tons of them on this site) there is absolutely zero reason to get a WP over Android. I guarantee you Cortana will be on the Google Play store if you were thinking about that.

unnatixlr8

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I guess this was the thing or gift to WP which would upset the world as previously said by MS engineer...i guess we will have to join IOS at last... Loyalty offers nothing
This will only upset the windows phone users. And the new comers who just spent money on WP rather than on an android.

Xeon Gutierrez

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I bought my wife a Nokia X, just because it was cheap and the last Nokia phone, at that time probably the last of its kind (Microsoft releasing another Android phone? Never, they'll kill the X line as soon as they have control over Nokia!)

I must say, I really like the X interface. Fastlane is very useful and more in line with the first iterations of Windows Phone than anything Microsoft added in the recent months. I would love to see it coming to WP9.
With the X?, they address my biggest problems with the X, the speed. If they now bring an high end Nokia Lumia X by Microsoft with Canon PureView I really don't see a use for Windows Phone anymore. At some point you have to ask yourself, are we truly doing something better or are we just doing something different for the sake of being different? Microsoft answers this question with an Lumia X in a way I wouldn't had expected three months ago.

If it happens, the only question remains: Is a Lumia worth the hassle or should I simply get a real Android device? With bother with an 2nd class app store if all MS apps are also available in the 1st class app store.

I would probably only miss Cortana, but since real Lumia sales would be the absolute minority, I'm pretty sure they will bring it to Lumia X very fast.
Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk.

Maybe Android is the future of computing. Apple should give up on iOS's slowly decreasing share and fork Android.. Oh wait, Apple has confidence in their products.

The point is having faith in your platform. Why should I buy an Android Lumia, if it is probably that Microsoft will just give up on that too soon enough, screwing me over once again?

Though I agree, as a consumer, I like the Nokia X better than other low end Droids.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Well, I can understand your frustration (I've passed this point, I don't care much anymore, maybe it's just my mood today, I don't know) but imagine the frustration of people working passionately on Windows Phone for years and how they feel when they get such things dictated and then read these threads on the forums (what they certainly do).

Well, I guess it comes with the job.

Xeon Gutierrez

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Well, I can understand your frustration (I've passed this point, I don't care much anymore, maybe it's just my mood today, I don't know) but imagine the frustration of people working passionately on Windows Phone for years and how they feel when they get such things dictated and then read these threads on the forums (what they certainly do).

Well, I guess it comes with the job.

I admire the work by the Windows Phone developers. WP is my favorite OS, as I am sure it is the favored OS of many readers of this forum. The potential that their work could be undermined by moves such as this Android Lumia saddens me. That should not, and hopefully will not happen.

megadragon998

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I will wait until this happens and if it is really true, i am going back to android or iOS if i save some money for iPhone. I can't believe that even Microsoft gave up on Windows Phone...

nicfromwales

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
If this is true, Nokia should have opted for Android and potentially survived, rather than throw their weight behind Microsoft and Windows Phone and go under.

Mavee Shah

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
If this is true, Nokia should have opted for Android and potentially survived, rather than throw their weight behind Microsoft and Windows Phone and go under.

No nokians were legend they trust and believe in their product and they also take much care of their loyal community but MS just suck and is going to be dumped by its own loyal community very soon if they do such bull****

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
This news is huge. The chances of this being fake is very slim. eVleaks is rarely wrong. I don't think he will be wrong about something this big.

Then again, on his "Nokia road map" article, this wasn't part of it. Well I guess things change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo