Android powered Lumia from Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Where exactly does it say they're giving up on Windows Phone?

While it is not stated that they gave up on windows phone, using the Lumia brand which is synonymous with windows phone for any android device sure as hell makes it look like they are giving up or at the very least diluting the brand.

I can't see them having two os for one brand. Even Samsung has the galaxy android line and ativ windows line.

Sargon Aelther

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site

Their actions say that. Bing is better on Android, OneNote is better on Android, Skype is better on Android, they were thinking about bringing Cortana to Android, So if they do release a Lumia with Android that means they don't believe in WP anymore. Nobody is going to buy WP anymore, especially since MS themselves don't care about it anymore, therefore they are going to pull the plug on WP eventually..

b0blight

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I saw this tweet just now on my timeline. It was kind of a shock to me though. I mean, why would Nokia/Microsoft, be in the right mind to do such a thing now. Wouldn't this be a 180 degree turn from what they have been doing/saying all this time. When news website start reporting, I really worry for WP. Websites like Phonearena is just full of haters/flamers/trollers that just bash WP when they have the opportunity to. I try to avoid commenting on anything there, as it would be pointless. Having something like this would only give them more fuel to flame WP even more, and I really really want WP to succeed

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Lumia is just a label....
Again 'the sky is falling'. Why would MS be releasing a slew of new Lumia WP phones if they were going to abandon it??? There is also the upcoming devices based around WP.

It's their business and they can do what they like. After all they ARE running a business!!!

I, for one, will stick with WP until the end, and if it does end, so what? It's only a phone!!!!

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Me personally, I will not leave the WP platform unless MS completely abandon it. Seriously, don't you think MS can develop both platforms? Because as far as I am concerned, they made the X series similar to WP (at least the interface) to make easier for people to decide to get a Windows phone ��. Now they will probably dig deeper, but NOT abandoning their own platform.
Keep in kind, there is NOTHING about abandoning the WP in the rumour, simply a new device for a specific purpose.
I don't understand people crying �� , you are so sensible that even starting with a rumour you start to cry...
Edit 1: Why the emojis are not showing up....

keerthi vasan

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Even though it's not direct, it indirectly gives the meaning that they MS themselves consider android as the superior OS.

And many still stick to WP because of Nokia's name and if and when they start offering pure android(not the forked one) many of those Nokia fanboys will surely switch to the android offerings. That I call slow death to WP.

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Even though it's not direct, it indirectly gives the meaning that they MS themselves consider android as the superior OS.

And many still stick to WP because of Nokia's name and if and when they start offering pure android(not the forked one) many of those Nokia fanboys will surely switch to the android offerings. That I call alow death to WP.
I don't see any direct or indirect meanings. Just tears and speculations of fanboys.

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Fanboys who promote the OS the most. It's not good to make your fanboys cry.

Every platform is made for general consumer, or you think 99% of WP users are its fanboys?
Edit 1: And how do fanboys promote, if they begin to cry so easily? I thought they must be confident, till the end of days no?

Mavee Shah

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site

And many still stick to WP because of Nokia's name and if and when they start offering pure android(not the forked one) many of those Nokia fanboys will surely switch to the android offerings. That I call slow death to WP.

Absolutely right

Mavee Shah

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Every platform is made for general consumer, or you think 99% of WP users are its fanboys?
Edit 1: And how do fanboys promote, if they begin to cry so easily? I thought they must be confident, till the end of days no?
Well that's just nothing to calm us...man what is the idea of promoting an OS whose owner can't even give you a single highly demanded application... You are providing them the best experience of your survives and now joining them to kick your own **** alot much easily

Mavee Shah

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site

And also how many Lumia owners i have met till today are just Nokia fanboys...

rizzo183

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
If this is true, I'm pretty sure MS execs will come up with some lousy excuse and put it in a video trying to calm down the user base. Windows Phone is improving right now. More so than ever. Why make ****ty moves like these NOW of all times? Oh that's right.....cause it'll definitely sell more, than a Lumia with windows phone on it!!

MS and Nokia are a company. And for them, i guess, business comes first.
Business = money.
Loyalty = NOTHING!!

Again.....IF THIS IS TRUE. It's just a rumor so far and I hope it stays that way.

Last edited:

keerthi vasan

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site

I agree that 99% of users in any platform are just general customers and they would expect huge value for the money they pay.

Nokia over the years is known for its product quality. If it starts offering android in the mid range devices( it's the market which is showing huge growth), those 'general customers' will prefer Nokia's android rather that the WP ones because they get the best of both worlds and thus means this customers are the one who are pulling the plug off .

BobiBolivia

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
This week I should go to get Nokia Lumia 930.
I seriously hope I will not end with same scenario after 2 years like I did when I got Nokia N9 2 years ago.

msxbox

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Definitely not a great rumor lets just hope it stays that way, or that they have an unbelievable plan that will shock us all and boost WP in a Major way,

There was a statement from a Microsoft Employee Jerry Berg (Senior Software Development Engineer) about something "pretty amazing" for WP and that it would "upset the entire world across everything" Also mentioned was something like "what, we can do that"

Please let this be great news for Windows Phone..

Last edited:

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site

You said the fanboys worry. If by your definition these people are not really fanboys it voids your initial statement.

I still believe that people who use Windows Phone passionately have an impact on these other 99 % of the customers. They are the ones who get asked whether a Windows Phone is a good choice, they are the ones telling people why they love Windows Phone despite of its flaws. Losing the loyalty of these fanboys will lead to people that use Windows Phone devices indifferently and will buy an Android or iOS device next because the fan-base is still intact there, telling them to switch.

keerthi vasan

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Let us all hope that they are just bringing Nokia X into Lumia line rather than bring stock android into Lumia phones. If it is still the Nokia X software, most of the WP users will not care about it because the tiles on the device is quite ugly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs