Android powered Lumia from Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Ms is always a mystery hope wp does not die.but I welcome this move we can get best of Android device from Ms.this is expected after Nokia X line.anyway I believe this cannot compete with Samsung android atleast in India.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Maybe Android is the future of computing. Apple should give up on iOS's slowly decreasing share and fork Android.. Oh wait, Apple has confidence in their products.

The point is having faith in your platform. Why should I buy an Android Lumia, if it is probably that Microsoft will just give up on that too soon enough, screwing me over once again?

Though I agree, as a consumer, I like the Nokia X better than other low end Droids.

Apple will always win in high end phones war.android is the only os for other low to mid range.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Definitely not a great rumor lets just hope it stays that way, or that they have an unbelievable plan that will shock us all and boost WP in a Major way,

There was a statement from a Microsoft Employee Jerry Berg (Senior Software Development Engineer) about something "pretty amazing" for WP and that it would "upset the entire world across everything" Also mentioned was something like "what, we can do that"

Please let this be great news..

Well this certainly is upsetting the whole world...its pretty amazing that they could do this and the WP employees are probably going (what, we can do that!?.

Two words, burning platform. Hope Satya isn't pulling that one out on us.
Finally, did anyone notice that the Nokia X coincided with a slowing of Windows Phone growth (both market share and OS)

C

Craigtrain

For Microsoft, it's obvious that using Android is simply to overcome the app barrier. It's the first thing they advertise on their Nokia X page.

YiXAFQj.jpg

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Even though it's not direct, it indirectly gives the meaning that they MS themselves consider android as the superior OS.

And many still stick to WP because of Nokia's name and if and when they start offering pure android(not the forked one) many of those Nokia fanboys will surely switch to the android offerings. That I call slow death to WP.

Yes but Nokia if it sells android it can easily hit samsung nd other oems like in India.we Indians love Nokia phone android with good specs.bye bye samsung if this happens samsung go to fail.

msxbox

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Well this certainly is upsetting the whole world...its pretty amazing that they could do this and the WP employees are probably going (what, we can do that!?.
Two words, burning platform. Hope Satya isn't pulling that one out on us.
Finally, did anyone notice that the Nokia X coincided with a slowing of Windows Phone growth (both market share and OS)

I am pretty sure that Microsoft wouldn't hit all their new OEM's in the pocket with many of them already to go with new Windows Phone releases this would make Microsoft many enemies and also wouldn't make sense (unless all these OEM's had a heads up on the new plans), I am sure its not the whole story...
(it could be only that Nokia X will become Lumia X or something)

Last edited:

wp_hero

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
Guys chill out, MS is doing that because when people buy Microsoft's Android phone they will push an update and convert them to windows phone OS, best evil market share tactic

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
This I think would be the saddest point in history if it happened.

Although I wonder. What if it looked and worked 100% like WP. Would it bother people?

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
I really really doubt this will happen - feels more like Evleaks smoked something before that tweet. But if that is real, I will bid farewell to everything Microsoft and hug iOS tighter than any girl I've ever hugged - my way of getting back at Microsoft.

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Well that's just nothing to calm us...man what is the idea of promoting an OS whose owner can't even give you a single highly demanded application... You are providing them the best experience of your survives and now joining them to kick your own **** alot much easily

So it's MS to blame, because it can't bring 'highly demanded applications', like Snapchat or Instagram out of beta? Don't be silly.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Okay Microsoft, enough of your weeds now calm down and get to real work. Honestly if this happens, my next phone would be an android. I understand the business but completely abandoning your own platform and focusing on totally different platform is just too much.

The app partiality was already a huge pain in the *** and now behold this.

you are lucky then, you can get an ANDROID Lumia :p

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
You said the fanboys worry. If by your definition these people are not really fanboys it voids your initial statement.

I still believe that people who use Windows Phone passionately have an impact on these other 99 % of the customers. They are the ones who get asked whether a Windows Phone is a good choice, they are the ones telling people why they love Windows Phone despite of its flaws. Losing the loyalty of these fanboys will lead to people that use Windows Phone devices indifferently and will buy an Android or iOS device next because the fan-base is still intact there, telling them to switch.

You're telling exactly what I was saying. Fanboys are loving the platform. But it's the PLATFORM what they love, not the company decisions. So why do you think that MS are planning to abandon the platform? I didn't see anything like this in the rumour.
All what I've read so far are just tears and speculations.

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Evleaks: Android powered Lumia from Microsoft

On Nokia X (and rumoured future Lumia's) you don't get the PlayStore or WhatsApp but can you side load and install apps like you can on full Android?

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Oh yeah, by the way. Did I forget to mention that MS can release it's new (RUMOURED) Lumia Android only in selected markets, like China (I hope I don't need to explain the reason), or Japan (upcoming small event huh)...?

Probably you forgot about the Lumia 638, which has double RAM than 630/635. People were so angry at the beginning, but now seems like nobody cares.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
You're telling exactly what I was saying. Fanboys are loving the platform. But it's the PLATFORM what they love, not the company decisions. So why do you think that MS are planning to abandon the platform? I didn't see anything like this in the rumour.
All what I've read so far are just tears and speculations.

Personally I feel like Microsoft is taking Windows Phone less and less seriously. Well, actually they never really took it seriously in the first place. Windows Phone 7 always felt like a side-project, and when we all thought it would be different with Windows Phone 8, things like the X2 happened. This here would be just another step in the same direction.

All of this could be interpreted as Microsoft abandoning Windows Phone slowly.

However all I said is that these news are not good in any case as it worries the loyal customers. And if it's true it's really, really bad. Because it makes the "fanboys" cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon