Android powered Lumia from Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

akthelonelyman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Has evleaks ever been wrong? They have a high rate of success in predictions.

And if it happens ,glad to be a part of wp community so far.
There will be no other option but to jump to iOS.

psudotechzealot

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
There was a statement from a Microsoft Employee Jerry Berg (Senior Software Development Engineer) about something "pretty amazing" for WP and that it would "upset the entire world across everything" Also mentioned was something like "what, we can do that"
Hmmm, this evleaks rumor do correlate to Jerry Berg's statement.

keerthi vasan

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Did anyone notice that there is no news article from the editors here in wpcentral. This makes me believe that there is a possibility this news might be a hoax.

For those who think everything that comes out of evleaks's site is true, check out his earlier tweets. He was given wrong info twice in the last week, one by a 14 year old posing as a Google engineer. So this might even turn out to be a hoax.

AlexanderJJJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
This was a paid test by Microsoft to evleaks to see what the reaction would be of an Android Lumia phone. Looks like its not going over to well....

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Personally I feel like Microsoft is taking Windows Phone less and less seriously. Well, actually they never really took it seriously in the first place. Windows Phone 7 always felt like a side-project, and when we all thought it would be different with Windows Phone 8, things like the X2 happened. This here would be just another step in the same direction.

All of this could be interpreted as Microsoft abandoning Windows Phone slowly.

However all I said is that these news are not good in any case as it worries the loyal customers. And if it's true it's really, really bad. Because it makes the "fanboys" cry.

Lumia and X series are made and treated independently. Well, they are obviously related in terms of strategy, but it should not affect the consumer.
Again, MS is NOT abandoning WP, and we've heard a lot about new GDRs upcoming soon (as well as Threshold Q2 '15). So MS actually has very big plans regarding the Lumia WP.
In my understanding, Microsoft requires Android OS (or AOSP, whatever) to create a bridge between the Android phones/iPhones and WP, because they are very different. I remember first time when I was looking at a Windows Phone, my first reaction was "Wha...?", but this OS was slowly and surely capturing my attention (probably the fanboys affected my decision, not excluded).
So, IMO, in terms of global strategy:
1st. Lumia WP
2nd. (Lumia) Android.

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Did anyone notice that there is no news article from the editors here in wpcentral. This makes me believe that there is a possibility this news might be a hoax.

For those who think everything that comes out of evleaks's site is true, check out his earlier tweets. He was given wrong info twice in the last week, one by a 14 year old posing as a Google engineer. So this might even turn out to be a hoax.

Well, he did apologise for that. I don't think it's in his own interest to spread false rumours.

ohgood

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
This was a paid test by Microsoft to evleaks to see what the reaction would be of an Android Lumia phone. Looks like its not going over to well....

your post makes around 100 people on wpcentral that don't like it so far.

the number of devices that might be sold with android on a Nokia/microsoft device is much higher in numbers given the current markets decisions of which phone is to use.

sounds like they're making a business decision, not an emotional one.

keerthi vasan

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Well, he did apologise for that. I don't think it's in his own interest to spread false rumours.

Thought I would face this situation. I should have added this in my last comment:
By posting that I didn't mean he posts fake rumors and I mean no disrespect for him. He being at the top, will surely encounter such 'testers' along his way who will try such things. What I meant was, I hoped this would be one such news

Rafael Yousuf

Oct 19, 2013
Visit site
I hope they don't go for this, I hate android and I don't want the Lumia name to be associated with it.

Lumia is windows phone 📞 not a cheap is like android.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
your post makes around 100 people on wpcentral that don't like it so far.

the number of devices that might be sold with android on a Nokia/microsoft device is much higher in numbers given the current markets decisions of which phone is to use.

sounds like they're making a business decision, not an emotional one.

Shortsighted business decision.

Technoloay

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Shortsighted business decision.

From what I read around the internet; MSFT mainly cares about their services. That's why there's a Nokia X2. They'll probably put Android on Lumia; sell many more devices due to Nokia quality hardware and brand name, and they'll achieve their goal (spreading their services even further). Maybe they'll make an Android launcher based on tiles instead of a complete OS, too.

SoullessOnyx

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
If this is true I'm not sure I'll be staying with Windows Phone, which is sad because I seriously love my Windows Phone, I'm just getting annoyed with Microsoft a little now.

Technoloay

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site
Good bye Windows Phone. Welcome iOS.

If this rumor proved to be true; this is the path I'll follow. If not, however, I'll stay with WP while having an iPod touch to compensate for the apps. Personally, I believe that all competing companies are being inspired by WP/ MSFT/ the whole ecosystem. I mean, MSFT was the first company to aim for a unified ecosystem. WP introduced flat design which is clearly shown in the newest versions of iOS and Android. Some features in WP are so excellent; as the keyboard, HERE maps, etc. WP has potential if 1) MSFT creatively worked on it and 2) apps got better (because apps ARE there, almost, yet they are buggy).

Just my two cents.

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I reckon they may have been hoaxed.. going further down the feed that has happened to them in the past. That or the account is compromised.

Prstms

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
For everyone thinking this is a false rumor,the news is that it is coming from evleaks.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 525 using Tapatalk

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Last night for the first time in years I felt nauseous and now I know why...

Those of you who are thinking this is a "wise" business decision, it is not since it will not only eat into windows phone sales as devs can simply write two apps and target a large user base thus saving money on not hiring a windows phone dev / spending to develop for windows phone. Second of all for the average Joe there wont be any reason for them to switch from Android any more or get a windows phone as their first smartphone since they will be able to get MS services on a android device from MS and not worry about the "app gap". Thirdly this is a huge middle finger to the OEMs who have spent money developing a new windows phone and getting that to market as it literally shows that MS has lost faith in its own o/s. In addition to this, the enterprises and corporations who have just rolled out windows phone will be left wondering where they will stand in the future in terms of devices and support.

So yeah, the ramifications of this U turn is humongous and a disaster for Windows Phone as a whole.

As a long time advocate, I'm left wondering where does an android lumia fit in with the "one Microsoft" goal (unless they have managed to get Android to run on the NT kernel?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb