Android powered Lumia from Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Pay close attention to the last sentence.

If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected.

keerthi vasan

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Pay close attention to the last sentence.

If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected.

So MSFT is appearing where it is not expected to 😆

Mike Gibson

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
MS exists for decades, it had many failures, I very doubt it will be bought some day by Apple or Google...
Look at the market caps and financials of the three companies. AAPL alone has enough cash right now to buy around 50% of MSFT's outstanding shares ... and when the writing's on the wall MSFT's cap will fall significantly. MSFT abandoned their existing platform, Win32, with WinRT/Win8. They threw over a billion users and hundreds of thousands of developers in the trash in one product release. It was most likely a fatal mistake.

MSFT will get leaner in the coming years ... but will they get meaner? I have zero confidence in Nadella.

paulm187

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
If this is true, the writings on the wall. They got a cloud man at the helm, Windows client, Windows Phone, Xbox will not be important anymore. Microsoft want to control the back-end, they perhaps feel the race is lost on the front-end consumer devices. Its just a matter of time before Nokia is spun off. Nadella will turn this company into the next IBM. I just hope I'm wrong....very wrong.

12Danny123

Mar 24, 2012
Visit site
Look at the market caps and financials of the three companies. AAPL alone has enough cash right now to buy around 50% of MSFT's outstanding shares ... and when the writing's on the wall MSFT's cap will fall significantly. MSFT abandoned their existing platform, Win32, with WinRT/Win8. They threw over a billion users and hundreds of thousands of developers in the trash in one product release. It was most likely a fatal mistake.

MSFT will get leaner in the coming years ... but will they get meaner? I have zero confidence in Nadella.

I personally blame Nadella. He's clearly running the company down right now.

wp8-1

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, but there is no positive side to this if this leak is true. It would be Microsoft ditching their own OS... I have loved my 925, but if this ends up true I would go to ios because I would be done supporting Microsoft.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
You promise? Right hand on the bible, cross your heart? Just leave if you have to. I said we needed to wait to see how Nadella views the phone wing of Microsoft and I have yet to see evidence he has much interest. Anyone ever see an image of him holding a Windows Phone?
a.aaa-God-help-me-please..jpeg

NADELLA, TAKE THIS WINDOWS PHONE!!

1396475766000-GTY-482028705.jpg

AG VK

Banned
Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
This would be great. I've used an L920 and 925 before switching to a Nexus (too many apps missing and they still can't seem to figure out ****ing email attachments).

I don't find WP any better than iOS or Android (and I care little for aesthetics or a "consistent" UI). I would love to have Nokia hardware and camera on a phone running Android.

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
This isn't HTC making Android phones and windows phones,it is Apple making android devices and calling it an iPhone 6a. Its Pepsi using coke, or the CEO of BMW driving around a Toyota. Its a meh. Whatever. There's already something better, why try. And f you guys who believed in us, you were stupid.

Exactly! This is like MS making Kinect for Playstation or MS making Android powered Surface tablets

keerthi vasan

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
This would be great. I've used an L920 and 925 before switching to a Nexus (too many apps missing and they still can't seem to figure out ****ing email attachments).

I don't find WP any better than iOS or Android (and I care little for aesthetics or a "consistent" UI). I would love to have Nokia hardware and camera on a phone running Android.

And that's what many are wanting. Though I have enjoyed using WP, I will not restrain myself going for a Lumia android because that gives me more value for the money I pay - good and reliable hardware and a good collection of apps which sadly is missing in WP atleast to an extent. For a not so tech savvy user this piece of news if it turns true is indeed a plus

keerthi vasan

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
You promise? Right hand on the bible, cross your heart? Just leave if you have to. I said we needed to wait to see how Nadella views the phone wing of Microsoft and I have yet to see evidence he has much interest. Anyone ever see an image of him holding a Windows Phone?
View attachment 71213

NADELLA, TAKE THIS WINDOWS PHONE!!

View attachment 71214

I remember studying sometime back that he was not happy with the Nokia-MSFT deal.

wp8-1

May 22, 2014
Visit site
When I heard there was something coming that would "upset the world", I thought it would be a good thing that just shakes things up. But they literally meant that it would upset us...... As

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
They're smart and probably are placing their services as a whole above Windows phone itself in hopes of boosting it up. understandable, but NO.

The PR/public image cost will be too darn high. I don't think they ever think about how the public could perceive their moves.
Wouldn't they realize what a field day the press would have?
That could very well kill WP completely, more so than the WP7 fiasco.

Hope its false, screw those constant Android Lumia complainers.

guillams

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Even BlackBerry believes in it own product!
Seriously Microsoft?
Sent from the future with my Nanocellphone using Tapatalk version 68590382.182

AG VK

Banned
Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
I don't know why people on this forum are so up in arms about this. It's clearly a decision that will benefit MS - remember, WP is nothing more than a sideshow at this time - it doesn't make any money, doesn't sell particularly well, doesn't get favourable reviews and this has been going on for the past 4 years. OF COURSE they're going to go where the sales and money are; as representatives of the shareholder, it is the management's responsibility to do so. And they will, regardless of ****** tears.

MS just bought Nokia, at an expense of billions of dollars. They now have a hardware company.

They must show a return on this investment or watch MS stock tank a few quarters down the line after they report huge losses, which would get the board/CxO fired. Therefore, they need to do something wherein this new hardware division actually shows revenue, if not profit. Therefore, they will think "We need to manufacture hardware that people will buy. People like Apple, but we can't make iOS devices. Hmm. If only there were an open platform which has lots of apps and is successful... hey, what about Android!"

It seems simple and logical to me and it's what I would do with WP (after firing Belfiore in public) if I were a MSFT decision maker. Businesses care little for loyalty and whatnot.

The final equation boils down to something like this: WP has currently 3-4% of global marketshare. If Android Nokia devices could capture even 7-10% of the market (which I think they will) that is a net win for MS. Not so much for fanboys, but omelettes, eggs, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss