Android powered Lumia from Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm... 12 pages. Impressive for one day.

I'm happy to wait for their PR team to say something one way or the other in regards to this issue. The longer they take however the more people will start to think about sticking to WP. If the majority of the comments on this thread is anything to go by.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
People really believe this will benefit WP in any fashion? if this rumor is true?

A full Android device. No I don't see that benefiting WP. A controlled Android app store that WP accesses and is free of Google services and the app runs perfectly, there is a possibility of that being a good idea.

It still takes away from the WP 'experience' if you like but it may help with the overall 'losses' that WP is suffering from currently.

I say we wait and see.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Well Amazon have one..

I think it's just a matter of offering an alternative store. Developers have to publish their apps separately there and Google has no saying in it. I've read that led to old and not updated apps in the Amazon store though.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I thought the discussion is over since evleaks posted that there is no Lumia android....

Could you link that please? I only find him saying that this doesn't mean the end of Windows Phone.

At the moment we are having a discussion about Android apps coming to Windows Phone, not a Lumia Android device. Has that turned out to be wrong too?

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Could you link that please? I only find him saying that this doesn't mean the end of Windows Phone.

At the moment we are having a discussion about Android apps coming to Windows Phone, not a Lumia Android device. Has that turned out to be wrong too?

Apparently I'm wrong, my bad.
Well, seems like the android apps are truly coming to wp...

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Eldar tweeted about VM support in WP. It's an obvious bull**** for me (since it's Eldar), but at the same time I don't see another scenario than implementing Android apps support on an AOSP Lumia..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa