Android powered Lumia from Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Gee...how well is that working out for them.

A true dual boot phone won't be saddled with the restrictions the X has and will take Microsoft from a distant 3rd to the top.

As to the developers,it won't hurt them at all and if the apps that need to talk cross platform are enabled,will give both WP devs and Android devs more customers.

No, it wont take Microsoft to the top. Why would it?

And do you really think WP developers wont be affected, not to mention the slow death of native WP apps? Will these android cr-apps have live tiles, transparent tiles, work in the action center or lock screen? Or is it worth throwing all that away just to have the lastest snapchat app?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
This is a rumor, a rumor and 53 cents will get you a cup of coffee at Burger King.

Click the link on post 303. Then come back and tell us it's a rumour again.

Also, think this. If this was a rumour, don't you think MS would have squashed it by now? They may be slow but this is damaging.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
most consumers would choose Android anyways, the brand is too strong.

Do you honestly think Android is a strong brand?

I do know lots of people who live and die Android, but i know far more that just got sold a cheap, high spec phone with tons of free apps. Most people couldn't care less about whether its Android/iOS/WP/Blackberry, as long as its cheap, and has the apps they want.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
I still do believe that MS are bringing Android apps support to Lumia Android, not Lumia WP.

Why would that even be worth mentioning? The Nokia X series has Android support, as they are based on Android. A Android based Lumia would be pretty much the same with a different name.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
For all those that think WP is dead: Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 reportedly nears completion by Microsoft | Windows Phone Central

The paranoia on WP Central at the moment is laughable!!!!

Can I quote this:

That means that after September 9, phones that have Windows Phone 7.8 won't be getting any more new operating system features or major performance improvements.

When was the last update for Windows Phone 7.8?

Only because something is still supported by Microsoft doesn't mean it's still alive ;-)

Windows Phone 7.8 mainstream support ends September 9 | Windows Phone Central

KrisJoeEll

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
So we have two rumours and two facts.

Rumors: Lumia Android, Android apps to WP.

Facts: Major OS update called "Threshold" and confirmed GDR1 & GDR2 updates for WP8.1.

Now decide whether MS is abandoning WP or not.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
So we have two rumours and two facts.

Rumors: Lumia Android, Android apps to WP.

Facts: Major OS update called "Threshold" and confirmed GDR1 & GDR2 updates for WP8.1.

Now decide weather MS is abandoning WP or not.

I think nobody doubts that Microsoft will go on supporting Windows Phone (They are after all still supporting Windows Phone 7.8, aren't they?). However I'm very much afraid that Microsoft will lose even more focus when starting to promote Android devices and starting to allow Android apps on Windows Phone. Also, I'm afraid that people will abandon Microsoft for real Android devices that run the real Android apps (so actually it's the other way around).

I wrote it in another thread: I don't want a Windows Phone Android app launcher with limited features, and I don't want an Android Microsoft app launcher with limited features either. I can have the real deal, Android with all its features and all its apps (which includes Microsoft services).

KrisJoeEll

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I wrote it in another thread: I don't want a Windows Phone Android app launcher with limited features, and I don't want an Android Microsoft app launcher with limited features either. I can have the real deal, Android with all its features and all its apps (which includes Microsoft services).

Like you, I don't want Android creeping up on anything thats related to WP. But these are, at this point rumors and is not confirmed by Microsoft. So lets keep calm and see things as it unfolds.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
Like you, I don't want Android creeping up on anything thats related to WP. But these are, at this point rumors and is not confirmed by Microsoft. So lets keep calm and see things as it unfolds.

Why? I won't throw my 8X in a corner and run to buy another phone right now, just because of these rumors (which seem to have more and more substance instead of less). I think it's more than alright to discuss it.

Everybody who thinks it's pointless to discuss it is welcome to either ignore the thread or like you to state that they think it's pointless to discuss it at the moment. That's perfectly fine too.

KrisJoeEll

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Why? I won't throw my 8X in a corner and run to buy another phone right now, just because of these rumors (which seem to have more and more substance instead of less). I think it's more than alright to discuss it.

Everybody who thinks it's pointless to discuss it is welcome to either ignore the thread or like you to state that they think it's pointless to discuss it at the moment. That's perfectly fine too.

Am not suggesting to not discuss this, but treat it as a rumor and don't take it much seriously. We don't want to scare away potential new users do we? :)

rodan01

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Do you honestly think Android is a strong brand?

I do know lots of people who live and die Android, but i know far more that just got sold a cheap, high spec phone with tons of free apps. Most people couldn't care less about whether its Android/iOS/WP/Blackberry, as long as its cheap, and has the apps they want.

The general public don't understand the concept operating system. Although, Android is the product that most people have and it's the recommended product in the stores because sale representative use it. There is "social knowledge" that that product works. It's the safe bet.

In the buying process of a complex durable good that the consumer can't understand, brand and the decisions of the peers are key factors, they are proxies to detect quality.

So, between Android and WP most would prefer the former. Obviously this could change, but it takes time.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
The general public don't understand the concept operating system. Although, Android is the product that most people have and it's the recommended product in the stores because sale representative use it. There is "social knowledge" that that product works. It's the safe bet.

I agree with that. I had to explain this to people many times. The following situation I had at least 4 - 5 times:

"What are you using here?" - "It's a Windows Phone device." - "I thought it's a HTC?!"

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
Can't see it being true BUT Microsoft proved me wrong a few times. not negative but I can't hold hope for an OS when the company itself doesn't. IF true I will probably upgrade to the next iphone come fall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss