Android powered Lumia from Microsoft

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottGeek

May 18, 2014
Visit site
So, before... or is it after everyone has thrown themselves off the WP cliff. Lets understand that WP the OS is not going anywhere.... will there be an Actual Android OS powered phone branded under Lumia/Nokia/Microsoft? Maybe? Will Microsoft put an Android VM on the WP OS? Most likely yes.

An Android VM is not a replacement OS... Let me say that again.... AN ANDROID VM is NOT a REPLACEMENT OS. A VM (Virtual Machine) is an App that allows one to run Android Apps! Good Idea? Bad Idea? Yeah, I'm not really sure... is it a cheap way to sell WP handsets and tap the Android App store? possibly.

Yet another Android Phone (YNAP).... done by Microsoft? Yeah, I'm thinking so what... This falls in that bucket where Samsung is making a Tizen based phone- OMG the Android King is making a non-Android phone! Really? Yeap, the Samsung-Z :amaze:

Maybe we need a touch of perspective, Microsoft wants to get out of 3rd place... and if that means putting a VM on their phone to run non-WP apps....or worst- YNAP... go for it... nothing says you have to run Android apps on your WP..... or for that matter buy a YNAP. :excited:

~ScottGeek.

TaichiSurface

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
look at BB10...sure it can run android apps but does it do it better than actual android OS? No, and no one is rushing to buy one. I don't understand how is adopting the same failed strategy will somehow turn into a success for WP...

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
look at BB10...sure it can run android apps but does it do it better than actual android OS? No, and no one is rushing to buy one. I don't understand how is adopting the same failed strategy will somehow turn into a success for WP...

I think BB's main problem was getting rid of the main feature that people bought BBs for - ie the full qwerty keyboard. They had to backtrack and bring a BB10 model out that had one in a hope to increase sales.

ScottGeek

May 18, 2014
Visit site

And that's the thing... plus what David P2 is saying about the missing Keyboard from the BB... some more BB things to add... All of the bad press about BB falling behind and the enterprise walking away from BB. Once you hit that slope in Consumer Electronics... it's very hard to come back.

It seems that Microsoft is trying to address the complaint of the APP GAP with Android/iOS..... Yeah, I'm not sure it's the smartest way to go about it... the trick will be how well will the Android VM work under WP... not to mention which flavor of Android to emulate and which VM to use... Oh my G! It's starting to feel like a CF.... :sweaty:

~ScottGeek.

wabelo

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I see it clearly now... Having android apps is interesting but it is not the best option if WP wants to grow as a mobile os. Devs sure will stop making apps. It's a too risky move. Maybe if Microsoft tries to encourage more giving very attractive economic conditions for devs to make apps... I am sure there is a lot of effort put there but ms and wp just can't stop. We want it to grow and be better than ever 😃

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Definitely Still Buying Lumia Device With Windows Phone

if Windows Phone gone I think i'll stuck on iPhone. android system always required higher hardware compared to other

maybe MS just want to show us what will happened if android running on Lumia device and compared to the original Lumia Device which run Windows Phone

still I use Windows phone cause impressed to it's performance. android phone doesn't gave me that lol

ininjam

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Her friends read it here on my Nokia blog clearing every confusion whether it's Android Lumia or Android apps in Lumia both are under work
ALL Lumia with Android Apps? #WindowsPhone – Hello Malware? Bye bye WP devs? : My Nokia Blog

What do you mean 'clearing every confusion'? That site's far from anything official and clearly part of the rumor mill, heck, it doesn't even give you anything new and substantial besides (yet again) mulling over the evleaks and eldar stuffs (which are both rumors.) Please don't fuel the flame with false information and bold claims.
Not everything with 'Nokia' in the name is made by Nokia you know.

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean 'clearing every confusion'? That site's far from anything official and clearly part of the rumor mill, heck, it doesn't even give you anything new and substantial besides (yet again) mulling over the evleaks and eldar stuffs (which are both rumors.) Please don't fuel the flame with false information and bold claims.

You clicked the link? ;-)

Saiyyad Musharrif

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft knows the needs of peoples and they want to satisfy their costumers with all types of products.

I m proudly welcome if Microsoft bring it on Lumia phones 😊

Mavee Shah

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site

Am not flaming am the same Nokia Lumia WP lover....i was just fed up with this discussion every where every one is discussing it but no benefit and then i received this mail... Just a heck and i wanted to share it here that's all

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
So, before... or is it after everyone has thrown themselves off the WP cliff. Lets understand that WP the OS is not going anywhere.... will there be an Actual Android OS powered phone branded under Lumia/Nokia/Microsoft? Maybe? Will Microsoft put an Android VM on the WP OS? Most likely yes.

An Android VM is not a replacement OS... Let me say that again.... AN ANDROID VM is NOT a REPLACEMENT OS. A VM (Virtual Machine) is an App that allows one to run Android Apps! Good Idea? Bad Idea? Yeah, I'm not really sure... is it a cheap way to sell WP handsets and tap the Android App store? possibly.

Yet another Android Phone (YNAP).... done by Microsoft? Yeah, I'm thinking so what... This falls in that bucket where Samsung is making a Tizen based phone- OMG the Android King is making a non-Android phone! Really? Yeap, the Samsung-Z :amaze:

Maybe we need a touch of perspective, Microsoft wants to get out of 3rd place... and if that means putting a VM on their phone to run non-WP apps....or worst- YNAP... go for it... nothing says you have to run Android apps on your WP..... or for that matter buy a YNAP. :excited:

~ScottGeek.

Finally!!!! A smart and considered response... MS needs to be clever with their strategy as Google has a stranglehold on the market.
All this 'sky is falling' and knee jerk reactions are tiresome to say the least. If all these people who are going to leave the platform because they believe WP is dead then, Goodbye, you won't be missed!!!!

akthelonelyman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Well point is people who are saying they will moveon dont really follow or care about microsoft blindly.bought wp coz they liked the platform.for such people if the support for wp is decreased there is not much point in persisting with the platform.and if microsoft goes android route that will happen.

And if I wanted an Android ill get proper one with full app support ,not a forked one.

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Well point is people who are saying they will moveon dont really follow or care about microsoft blindly.bought wp coz they liked the platform.for such people if the support for wp is decreased there is not much point in persisting with the platform.and if microsoft goes android route that will happen.

And if I wanted an Android ill get proper one with full app support ,not a forked one.

I don't understand if MS made and Android device, WP would be dead. It makes no sense.

Samsung make Android and WP devices. LG are supposed to be bringing a WP phone to market, same as Sony...... Would their business die if they concentrated on 2 or multiple platforms? Highly doubtful!!!
Beacuse MS makes the OS makes no difference.

The question is: 'Is WP a relevant paltform?' Of course....
Will making thousands of Android apps available kill WP? No.. It's laughable!!!

Everyone is assuming it would be done via a VM. Do you think that MS are working on a way to do this without using a VM? Maybe.... That would be a true 'game changer'. Apps and OS are two seperate entities. They stand alone, but work in tandem to deliver a useable experience.
Look at the current FB app. It looks no different to the iOS or Android versions. Yes, it's awful, but that is down to FB, not MS. They are shackled by what FB allows.

It's still a rumour about a 'device'. Just probably a high end X series device with a Lumia branding.... So what!!!!

I'm sure we will see thousands of users switching to WP as it matures and gets better and better. It will fill the void left by the 'Chicken Little' crowd....

SoullessOnyx

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Can someone explain this to me? Does this mean a Lumia running Android as its OS or a Lumia running Windows Phone but with Android apps? I'm confused nonetheless.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't understand if MS made and Android device, WP would be dead. It makes no sense.

Samsung make Android and WP devices. LG are supposed to be bringing a WP phone to market, same as Sony...... Would their business die if they concentrated on 2 or multiple platforms? Highly doubtful!!!
Beacuse MS makes the OS makes no difference.

The question is: 'Is WP a relevant paltform?' Of course....
Will making thousands of Android apps available kill WP? No.. It's laughable!!!

Everyone is assuming it would be done via a VM. Do you think that MS are working on a way to do this without using a VM? Maybe.... That would be a true 'game changer'. Apps and OS are two seperate entities. They stand alone, but work in tandem to deliver a useable experience.
Look at the current FB app. It looks no different to the iOS or Android versions. Yes, it's awful, but that is down to FB, not MS. They are shackled by what FB allows.

It's still a rumour about a 'device'. Just probably a high end X series device with a Lumia branding.... So what!!!!

I'm sure we will see thousands of users switching to WP as it matures and gets better and better. It will fill the void left by the 'Chicken Little' crowd....
It's been explained several times over. If even Big daddy Microsoft is showing second thoughts about Windows Phone then what will LG and Sony think ? Low end Phone limbo? This is tantamount to Google releasing a WP. It's a white flag. A vote of no confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre