Google and Microsoft,biggest collaboration ever!?

Vishnu Hs

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Acc to recent tweet from evleaks,android powered lumias are coming!!So will there be a treaty signing between two tech giants???(is this why google adopted tiles concept i mean material design?)

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Google will never collaborate with Microsoft. They hate so much Microsoft that they don't have plans to develop apps for.

Taigatrommel

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Google and Microsoft become too much of competitors over the past years, they won't suddenly cooperate on anything. Microsoft really pushed their web searches and renewed their mail services, Google now owns much of the mobile devices market, invades netbook presence with their Chrome OS, took a big chunk of browser market share with Chrome and keeps on pushing on several other areas.

As of today I'd say Google is, after all, better positioned for the future compared to Microsoft.

However Android is not only Google. As already said Amazon is also using an Android fork, although it doesn't really have anything to do with Google. Another example would be the recently released Blackphone, which also bases on Android, although they exclude all Google stuff.

Vishnu Hs

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
So now its confirmed (via wmpoweruser) all android apps will run on wp via virtual machine!!and it supports all windows phone(yayy)

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
So now its confirmed (via wmpoweruser) all android apps will run on wp via virtual machine!!and it supports all windows phone(yayy)

If you are talking about the rumour being spread by Eldar Murtazin, then that confirms nothing. He'd say Apple is building WP devices if it gets him attention. He might be right by mistake every once in a while, but that is about it.

Torcher Death

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Android is not Google...sure it might be a google product but its open source.
As for the collaborations, for now its just a rumor & I really hope it just stays that way....for if it does happen I'd just throw away my phone & stick to landline cause I can't afford an iPhone & I hate android.

Vishnu Hs

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Android is not Google...sure it might be a google product but its open source.
As for the collaborations, for now its just a rumor & I really hope it just stays that way....for if it does happen I'd just throw away my phone & stick to landline cause I can't afford an iPhone & I hate android.

Lmao....

Pete The Penguin

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Acc to recent tweet from evleaks,android powered lumias are coming!!So will there be a treaty signing between two tech giants???(is this why google adopted tiles concept i mean material design?)

Highly doubtful.
MSFT aren't members of the Open Handset Alliance; plus, to have the Play Store, you have to take all of Google's apps.

Karthik Naik

Banned
Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Google and Microsoft become too much of competitors over the past years, they won't suddenly cooperate on anything. Microsoft really pushed their web searches and renewed their mail services, Google now owns much of the mobile devices market, invades netbook presence with their Chrome OS, took a big chunk of browser market share with Chrome and keeps on pushing on several other areas.

As of today I'd say Google is, after all, better positioned for the future compared to Microsoft.

However Android is not only Google. As already said Amazon is also using an Android fork, although it doesn't really have anything to do with Google. Another example would be the recently released Blackphone, which also bases on Android, although they exclude all Google stuff.

not true,googles android popularity is decreasing in favour of AOSP,ios ,WP and other upcoming OS
chrome OS is a joke,seriously
theres a free version of 8.1 which will be released soon apparently for netbooks etc
microsoft and nokia may not be as popular as it was before but they are still giants and are regaining marketshare

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Not another post on this topic lol... until it's confirmed by the guys here at WPcentral I'd say its a hoax.

Furthermore evleaks has not always been 100% correct :p, recent example is that according to Mary Jo Foley's sources Metro office is delayed until 2015 ergo that is probably when the surface mini will launch (if the rumours that it was pulled last minute because it lacked differentiation are anything to go by).

My hunch is that it is probably true and metro office will probably launch with Windows 9 or Threshold alongside the surface mini.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium