The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
07-07-2014 12:24 PM
46 12
tools
    Posted this in the other thread but whatever. So true. a43fm.jpg
    07-07-2014 08:20 AM
    And they keep on ignoring their own platform....http://wmpoweruser.com/microsoft-upd...port-and-more/
    07-07-2014 08:50 AM
    I am waiting on the so called new "skype experience" referred to in Build 2014 with bated breath. At least the last update brought group notifications.. Yay! T_T but they removed timestamps and messed up the message sync.

It really does look like most of MS's employees actually only use Android phones and Iphones as their daily drivers...

There is one key thing that MS is failing to grasp and that is priority, focus on your windows phone base first then competing platforms. They wonder why windows phone is stagnant in growth in the US ..
    07-07-2014 09:09 AM
    So should I buy iPhone 5S or wait for iPhone 6?
    paulxxwall likes this.
    07-07-2014 10:04 AM
    I realm wish the moderators would close this thread if for no other reason than the misleading title. One tweet from one guy does not make it confirmed. It only makes it rumored (which it already was).

If the previous Android apps rumors didn't make all of you panic and wet your pants, there is no reason to treat this one any differently.

I wonder how many of the Chicken Littles in this thread actually clicked the link and realized this "confirmation" was merely a one-off tweet.
    07-07-2014 10:13 AM
    Tom Warren is usually right with his casual leaks.
    This was the obvious move, nobody should be surprised. Android apps will add a lot of value to the platform.
    07-07-2014 10:20 AM
    Has it not occurred to anyone that perhaps this has been interpreted wrong? When he says 'android apps' he could just mean the apps themselves being released for WP, not actual android apps being emulated on WP. Either way, I can see people jumping to WP if this is true. People complained and complained about the lack of apps, the sub par quality and the lack of equality between platforms. What better way to solve this than running the base apps themselves? I don't understand why people are getting mad at Microsoft when they are legitimately trying to help the app problems. People want them to do something, when they finally do, everyone takes it the wrong way.
    emperor_skull and Amrykid like this.
    07-07-2014 10:40 AM
    So should I buy iPhone 5S or wait for iPhone 6?
    wait for 6
    07-07-2014 10:43 AM
    Android apps for WP & RT confirmed?

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status...09983785119744

This is from earlier confirmation that Microsoft will Sell Android Lumia range.

screenshot-12-.pngClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (12).png 
Views:	24 
Size:	203.9 KB 
ID:	71231

https://twitter.com/tomwarren/status/486115921120215040
    07-07-2014 11:11 AM
    Xbox music or Skype or WhatsApp or twitter/facebook apps :-) /s
    No need talking about Xbox Music. Just get an app from the store and banish that app to the app list
    07-07-2014 11:16 AM
    I have nothing to say about this, just regretting why I bought a WP in the first place
    Last edited by emperor_skull; 07-07-2014 at 11:28 AM.
    07-07-2014 11:17 AM
    Has it not occurred to anyone that perhaps this has been interpreted wrong? When he says 'android apps' he could just mean the apps themselves being released for WP, not actual android apps being emulated on WP. Either way, I can see people jumping to WP if this is true. People complained and complained about the lack of apps, the sub par quality and the lack of equality between platforms. What better way to solve this than running the base apps themselves? I don't understand why people are getting mad at Microsoft when they are legitimately trying to help the app problems. People want them to do something, when they finally do, everyone takes it the wrong way.
    Nope. He clarifies
    07-07-2014 11:18 AM
    you guys chosed WP because of the OS itself not for the apps
    ^This^ , I'm Def here for the OS not the apps. There are a couple of apps I used on android that I wish I had on WP. If that maybe happens then awesome. Not sure I understand all the death to MS and WP I'm hearing here Those threatening to go to apple over this, don't let the door hitch'a in the arse on the way out and say howdy to the isheep for me. Meanwhile if WP gets some android apps, maybe some will be useful maybe some won't. But choices are good and I can take what I want and leave the rest. If the fanboys get their panties in a twist over this just know that change is inevitable in this world , it's how you accept and deal with it that makes the difference. Bottom line for me is I may end up with an android app or two on my icon, but I still have a WP. I don't see the big deal, its a phone for Christ's sake nothing more.
    rodan01 likes this.
    07-07-2014 11:19 AM
    If it's true, who's gonna bother buying Lumia phones with a half baked, less functional Android running on it? I love Lumia, and I'd actually go I'd far as to rate the actual handset design, features and build quality higher than iPhones but the hardware just isn't enough. You still get a better experience on an over priced iPhone or another generic, plasticy Android device. We need more/better apps but I don't think this is the solution. Throw money at developers and not mothballing every failed new venture

If it just a case of bringing Android apps to WP, ie Android version of Facebook, Google Maps, YouTube etc then I'm all for it. I jumped onto WP 7 with my Lumia 800 many years ago because I wanted something different. WP delivers that but it has always been a compromise and we've all hang in there in the belief that it's all gonna be great....soon. Part of me also hopes a lot of Lumia owners follow up their threats to jump ship so I can get some good deals on used Lumia's :-)
    07-07-2014 11:26 AM
    if that was what tom meant then we are ok with it, and not emulating lagroid apps on wp
    07-07-2014 11:27 AM
    Finally, I've read something today that Actually makes sense. Thank you very much.
    Connor Price likes this.
    07-07-2014 11:33 AM
    I know one thing, my Suface gen1 IS a good device hampered mainly by the fact that there is absolutely no apps of any relevance for it, well... that and the email software is complete crap but apart from that ... oh and when the battery gets to 4% you have approx 20 seconds before it shuts itself down BUT apart from that, if i can get some decent app goodness into my RT i will be most happy, i really dont give a crap about android app development or windows app development, as long as the app works i`m happy
    07-07-2014 11:57 AM
    Nope. He clarifies
    He does? On his twitter I can't see any clarification..
    07-07-2014 11:57 AM
    Funny,I always wondered why folks who have been using Apples products over the years are called iSheep......
    I'm relatively new to WP...had a brief encounter with one running 6.0/6.5 on the Sprint network and my 1520 since March...and I can say that anyone using this word now is a lug head..especially if they are a die hard WP fan..since there isn't any comparison to one another.
    I personally like the iPhones and the Mac and have no issues with either,except for the small screens the iPhones have had over the years. It's a good solid ecosystem,a great phone,and a great company that doesn't screw you over if you buy one of those products.
    As all of the doom and gloom predictions,I think we have some high up people in the know, forecasting what that ***** Satya is proposing and are purposely using the web to counter his plans. I would think that some Microsoft officials don't want the backlash from all WP user base if they merge the os's ..and just from the looks of things,the only really happy people about this so called rumor is people who like Android..or their apps.
    Having access to Android apps on this platform means only one thing,an eventual merging of the platforms,and since Satya doesn't give a tinker's damn for anything except making money on software,that is exactly what will happen,and WP will eventually take it's place next to the Zune player.
    To me,it will take some time to kill it off,but the best sign we will have is when all Xbox games can be played on all well equipped Android handsets..
    If folks stopped and thought about it,just from a financial aspect of it,it makes more sense and that is what folks need to know this....Microsoft can afford to lose any hardware division if all their software and patents are used elsewhere.
    Were talking billions and billions more revenue.
    I know this isn't just a rumor,and the handwriting is on the wall,and hate to see it happen,but folks need to stop being loyal and defending their phones here....is not about loyalty on Microsoft's part,it's about being the most profitable business and satisfying their shareholders.
    So....I'm gonna enjoy being a iSheep and not worry about it anymore
    Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk
    07-07-2014 11:59 AM
    If folks stopped and thought about it,just from a financial aspect of it,it makes more sense and that is what folks need to know this....
    You've hit the nail on the head here. Microsoft are a corporation, and making money is the main priority of a corporation. If WP isn't making enough money for them, and they can see another way to make more money, they'll do it. It's not so much they want to kill off WP, but it may be more financially viable for them to do it.
    07-07-2014 12:07 PM
    Even after deleting a dozen post's this thread is still far too emotional. Who insulted whom and cry-baby this and cry-baby that makes for a ridiculously poor discussion. So poor it's not worth reading.

Thread closed.
    07-07-2014 12:24 PM
46 12