Rumoured: Andriod apps for WP & RT (TheVerge & evleaks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
re: evleaks and the verge mention Andriod apps for WP & RT [still a rumour]

Really, people, stop acting like babies based on baseless rumours.....I would just suggest you all to wait for an official confirmation by MS. By the way tom warren just tweeted that both of his predictions are just ideas and not actual facts or confirmations. Stop crying 😢 upon baseless rumours.

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site

If this and the AOSP Lumia are true, then I'll just go to Android proper... Seriously, who the heck is running Microsoft? These decisions are absolutely out of touch with what they need to do in order to succeed in the market.

itzkavin

Jun 8, 2014
Visit site

Not a cry baby thing.. Or not shouting based on rumors.. BUT.. If Microsoft has such a plan, please note MS.. We won't spare you.. Keep going with WinPhone and we will be with you forever.. BUT if you choose otherwise, then your ardent supporters will be your arch-rivals. Take it as a warning!

I know MS won't bother losing me. But there are thousands like me.. Take a note.. Don't commit suicide..

mark233

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site

I think I heard a collective *GASP*. Now I see people falling to their knees ripping their shirts off and banging their chest. Oh crap I forgot I made a fresh batch of coffee .........

Technoloay

Jan 22, 2013
Visit site

Posted this in the other thread but whatever. So true. a43fm.jpg

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

I am waiting on the so called new "skype experience" referred to in Build 2014 with bated breath. At least the last update brought group notifications.. Yay! T_T but they removed timestamps and messed up the message sync.

It really does look like most of MS's employees actually only use Android phones and Iphones as their daily drivers...

There is one key thing that MS is failing to grasp and that is priority, focus on your windows phone base first then competing platforms. They wonder why windows phone is stagnant in growth in the US :grincry:..

wpfan86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I realm wish the moderators would close this thread if for no other reason than the misleading title. One tweet from one guy does not make it confirmed. It only makes it rumored (which it already was).

If the previous Android apps rumors didn't make all of you panic and wet your pants, there is no reason to treat this one any differently.

I wonder how many of the Chicken Littles in this thread actually clicked the link and realized this "confirmation" was merely a one-off tweet.

rodan01

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site

Tom Warren is usually right with his casual leaks.
This was the obvious move, nobody should be surprised. Android apps will add a lot of value to the platform.

Connor Price

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site

Has it not occurred to anyone that perhaps this has been interpreted wrong? When he says 'android apps' he could just mean the apps themselves being released for WP, not actual android apps being emulated on WP. Either way, I can see people jumping to WP if this is true. People complained and complained about the lack of apps, the sub par quality and the lack of equality between platforms. What better way to solve this than running the base apps themselves? I don't understand why people are getting mad at Microsoft when they are legitimately trying to help the app problems. People want them to do something, when they finally do, everyone takes it the wrong way.

Jorge Holguin

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site

Has it not occurred to anyone that perhaps this has been interpreted wrong? When he says 'android apps' he could just mean the apps themselves being released for WP, not actual android apps being emulated on WP. Either way, I can see people jumping to WP if this is true. People complained and complained about the lack of apps, the sub par quality and the lack of equality between platforms. What better way to solve this than running the base apps themselves? I don't understand why people are getting mad at Microsoft when they are legitimately trying to help the app problems. People want them to do something, when they finally do, everyone takes it the wrong way.
Nope. He clarifies

cbreze

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site

you guys chosed WP because of the OS itself not for the apps
^This^ , I'm Def here for the OS not the apps. There are a couple of apps I used on android that I wish I had on WP. If that maybe happens then awesome. Not sure I understand all the death to MS and WP I'm hearing here Those threatening to go to apple over this, don't let the door hitch'a in the arse on the way out and say howdy to the isheep for me. Meanwhile if WP gets some android apps, maybe some will be useful maybe some won't. But choices are good and I can take what I want and leave the rest. If the fanboys get their panties in a twist over this just know that change is inevitable in this world , it's how you accept and deal with it that makes the difference. Bottom line for me is I may end up with an android app or two on my icon, but I still have a WP. I don't see the big deal, its a phone for Christ's sake nothing more.

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
If it's true, who's gonna bother buying Lumia phones with a half baked, less functional Android running on it? I love Lumia, and I'd actually go I'd far as to rate the actual handset design, features and build quality higher than iPhones but the hardware just isn't enough. You still get a better experience on an over priced iPhone or another generic, plasticy Android device. We need more/better apps but I don't think this is the solution. Throw money at developers and not mothballing every failed new venture

If it just a case of bringing Android apps to WP, ie Android version of Facebook, Google Maps, YouTube etc then I'm all for it. I jumped onto WP 7 with my Lumia 800 many years ago because I wanted something different. WP delivers that but it has always been a compromise and we've all hang in there in the belief that it's all gonna be great....soon. Part of me also hopes a lot of Lumia owners follow up their threats to jump ship so I can get some good deals on used Lumia's :)

emperor_skull

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
if that was what tom meant then we are ok with it, and not emulating lagroid apps on wp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte