Rumoured: Andriod apps for WP & RT (TheVerge & evleaks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pranjal Rai

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
re: evleaks and the verge mention Andriod apps for WP & RT [still a rumour]

Has it not occurred to anyone that perhaps this has been interpreted wrong? When he says 'android apps' he could just mean the apps themselves being released for WP, not actual android apps being emulated on WP. Either way, I can see people jumping to WP if this is true. People complained and complained about the lack of apps, the sub par quality and the lack of equality between platforms. What better way to solve this than running the base apps themselves? I don't understand why people are getting mad at Microsoft when they are legitimately trying to help the app problems. People want them to do something, when they finally do, everyone takes it the wrong way.

Finally, I've read something today that Actually makes sense. Thank you very much. :excited:

Lumiamike

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site

I know one thing, my Suface gen1 IS a good device hampered mainly by the fact that there is absolutely no apps of any relevance for it, well... that and the email software is complete crap but apart from that ... oh and when the battery gets to 4% you have approx 20 seconds before it shuts itself down BUT apart from that, if i can get some decent app goodness into my RT i will be most happy, i really dont give a crap about android app development or windows app development, as long as the app works i`m happy :excited:

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site

Funny,I always wondered why folks who have been using Apples products over the years are called iSheep......
I'm relatively new to WP...had a brief encounter with one running 6.0/6.5 on the Sprint network and my 1520 since March...and I can say that anyone using this word now is a lug head..especially if they are a die hard WP fan..since there isn't any comparison to one another.
I personally like the iPhones and the Mac and have no issues with either,except for the small screens the iPhones have had over the years. It's a good solid ecosystem,a great phone,and a great company that doesn't screw you over if you buy one of those products.
As all of the doom and gloom predictions,I think we have some high up people in the know, forecasting what that ***** Satya is proposing and are purposely using the web to counter his plans. I would think that some Microsoft officials don't want the backlash from all WP user base if they merge the os's ..and just from the looks of things,the only really happy people about this so called rumor is people who like Android..or their apps.
Having access to Android apps on this platform means only one thing,an eventual merging of the platforms,and since Satya doesn't give a tinker's damn for anything except making money on software,that is exactly what will happen,and WP will eventually take it's place next to the Zune player.
To me,it will take some time to kill it off,but the best sign we will have is when all Xbox games can be played on all well equipped Android handsets..
If folks stopped and thought about it,just from a financial aspect of it,it makes more sense and that is what folks need to know this....Microsoft can afford to lose any hardware division if all their software and patents are used elsewhere.
Were talking billions and billions more revenue.
I know this isn't just a rumor,and the handwriting is on the wall,and hate to see it happen,but folks need to stop being loyal and defending their phones here....is not about loyalty on Microsoft's part,it's about being the most profitable business and satisfying their shareholders.
So....I'm gonna enjoy being a iSheep and not worry about it anymore
Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

Connor Price

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site

If folks stopped and thought about it,just from a financial aspect of it,it makes more sense and that is what folks need to know this....
You've hit the nail on the head here. Microsoft are a corporation, and making money is the main priority of a corporation. If WP isn't making enough money for them, and they can see another way to make more money, they'll do it. It's not so much they want to kill off WP, but it may be more financially viable for them to do it.

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Even after deleting a dozen post's this thread is still far too emotional. Who insulted whom and cry-baby this and cry-baby that makes for a ridiculously poor discussion. So poor it's not worth reading.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon