The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99

View Poll Results: Will you leave WP if Lumia Android is released?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm done with WP

19 25.00%
  • No, I'll stick with WP

57 75.00%
07-14-2014 10:29 AM
61 123
tools
    Ill sell my Lumia 925 and Jump to android if there is a similar device, without hesitation !
    07-10-2014 02:18 PM
    I can't see Microsoft offering a full Android phone as anything but signaling that they don't have enough faith in their own mobile OS. Nokia X doesn't count, as that ball was already rolling, but if there's a Lumia with the same Android OS as Galaxy, I can't see WP development being as high a priority as just "selling phones".

That all said, it would be odd to see Microsoft go with a rival OS, even if they turned into some form of Windows-ized Android. Either way, I think MS is going full one way or the other: either they will adopt Android and drop WP development, or they will stick with WP-only and fix the Nokia X problem by switching it to WP at some future point.

If MS goes Android, I'm going iPhone.
    psudotechzealot likes this.
    07-10-2014 02:29 PM
    After all the fuss, I've given this some thought and as long as I can keep my WP and keep it free of Android I'm not bothered for myself what MS do.

However, an Android Lumia would be a big kick in the face for the WP team and taint the Lumia brand, because it would no longer be consistent. Right now, if I'm asked what phone people should buy I simply say Nokia Lumia and they can then choose the model which suits their needs. If MS release a Lumia Android device then I'll have to say 'get a Lumia except a 1322, because that's Android. This is too complicated for many and will put them off.

When it comes to branding the KISS principle applies.
    metalchick719 and a5cent like this.
    07-10-2014 02:38 PM
    I would likely buy one.

Been using Windows Phone since back in the CE 1.0 days, and will continue to do so. The main reason I would get one is because I'd still be using quality Nokia hardware that will come preinstalled with MS services I use, and I will have access to certain apps that are just not available on WP yet. There's still a gap, although MS and 3rd party developers have done a fine job in narrowing it.

Really the only apps I can think of that I need that aren't here yet are: Safeway, Square, Scott Trade. After that, it's just those fad app/games that come and go so quickly that there's no chance it would be on WP.
    07-10-2014 03:25 PM
    Same here with the "If MS goes Android, I'm going iPhone." I would use an OS locked down beyond belief and that is popular amongst soccer moms, young teenagers and fashion minded bourgeois coffee house yuppies in exchange for being absolutely Android free. I personally despise it and Google both just that passionately.

Honestly, and I've said it before, that just as say Samsung and HTC are device manufacturers that play both sides of the fence, primarily Android but also makes Windows Phones, I wouldn't have any problem if Nokia were utilized like any other manufacturer and swung it the other way for profit (primarily Windows Phones but also manufactured Androids), but if MS injects that garbage into the WP OS itself, simply put, I'm out. The whole "Android is a choice" or "its virtualized" arguments hold no water with me. My money allows me the right, I believe, to be as hardnosed and unbending as I choose about where it goes. If I wanted "Android" I would've bought one. Oh yeah, /end rant.
    Nogitsune Micah likes this.
    07-10-2014 03:56 PM
    If I leave WP it won't be because of this.
    It will be because Microsoft wasn't able to bring Sony into the WP space and I am, therefore, left without an OEM that I trust to provide me with the hardware to run WP in.
    Microsoft could start producing iOS devices for all I care.
    Jazmac likes this.
    07-10-2014 06:15 PM
    I'd buy one but I won't leave. I mean...who says when you buy a new phone with a different OS that you should have to leave your current used phone?
    snowmutt likes this.
    07-10-2014 07:19 PM
    Depends on the support Microsoft will give to Windows Phone. If they're messing up everything on Windows Phone and giving so much support to Android, I'm done.
    Last edited by snowmutt; 07-11-2014 at 11:11 AM.
    psudotechzealot likes this.
    07-10-2014 08:05 PM
    I think you will find comparing them does make more sense as they both make windows phone and android devices.
    Bad comparison again. Neither company makes their own os like Apple, Google and MS. Sorry
    07-10-2014 08:10 PM
    I'd buy one but I won't leave. I mean...who says when you buy a new phone with a different OS that you should have to leave your current used phone?
    I'm afraid it would discourage developers to create apps for Windows OS and/or Windows Phone since Android apps are implemented to the OS.
    07-10-2014 08:18 PM
    If microsoft ports those apps to their android they'll be ported to all, and that day I'd be just like everybody else.
    07-10-2014 08:24 PM
    MS would make a huge mistake if they put android on Lumia devices. Android never again.The one and only advantage of android for me is opera mini browser.I like that browser very much. Beside that WP is much much more better in every aspect of OS.
    07-10-2014 08:39 PM
    DJCBS likes this.
    07-10-2014 08:47 PM
    I use both devices so i wouldn't leave anyways.

I don't see any purpose in buying a Lumia-Android because the market on that side is well mature, with other brands covering any niche.
    The only thing i can do is adopt Android apps on a WP Lumia because i am tired of the missing apps and the shortcomings.

I am trying to leave Android not to go back to it. I am so tired of Google policies on privacy and the way the ecosystem is managed that i am thinking to go buy a BlackBerry Passport with just the necessary Android apps i need to survive and grant productivity.
    Nogitsune Micah and snowmutt like this.
    07-10-2014 10:32 PM
    No.

Why? Because I believe in hardware + software from the same manufacturer work better. And for the second question: Yes, I find the iPhone 5S too expensive for what I do.
    07-11-2014 04:09 AM
    I will surely buy a Android Lumia if they release but will stick with WP. Android with a Nokia tech cam ; that will be so cool :D
    07-11-2014 09:40 AM
    I don't get what all the fuss is about, if you owned say a ford focus, would you all get angry and say 'i'm never going back to ford again' if they brought out a diesel version of the same car?
    jleebiker and wpn00b like this.
    07-11-2014 10:36 AM
    I don't get what all the fuss is about, if you owned say a ford focus, would you all get angry and say 'i'm never going back to ford again' if they brought out a diesel version of the same car?
    THat is not even remotely the same thing.

That's like Barnes and noble which is struggling with nooks starting to make kindles...by doing that, you make it look like you have little to no faith in your product that you have to use your competitors product. The competitor who has been pretty much ignoring your product and a competitor you spent 2013 bashing...remember scroogled.

I certainly would simply because it tells me Microsoft doesn't have faith in their products so why should I. I will stick with windows 8, only because I have no desire to use mac or god awful chromebook but I already am looking at ios. And I am one of the biggest Lumia fanboys here.
    wpn00b, jomarr and AngrySprintUser like this.
    07-11-2014 10:50 AM
    Never. I went with WP because I like the OS. The nice hardware is just a bonus.
    07-11-2014 11:26 AM
    Is WP still being produced? Still being supported and improved? Is MS still working to get developers and their apps onboard?

Those are the only real important questions. Let us not forget that both AT&T and Verizon here in the US want a 3rd ecosystem to keep from iOS and Google from having too much control over products they want.

If this is something being considered, then it all comes down to why. But until Microsoft walks away from WP, I am likely to stick with it.

Heck, I closed down WebOS. I used a Pre Plus for about a year past it's support date. I will close down WP as well. I will shut the lights off and lock up as I leave, do not worry.
    tgp and jomarr like this.
    07-11-2014 11:29 AM
    If MS start rolling out Android then surely I am going to leave Lumia.I have choosen it only because of its own unique features.
    07-11-2014 12:39 PM
    I've only had Nokia (WP and pre-WP) phones and a BlackBerry. But Android apps are being developed like crazy, so it's tempting.
    07-11-2014 01:28 PM
    That's one crazy rumor , but this wouldn't be the first eveleaks was wrong ... I think what they meant is a LUMIA -LIKE Nokia x , as in a flagship nokia X with all Microsoft services integrated , but a Lumia android , that would create more confusion than windows rt and windows 8 did and would totally cannibalize lumias and Microsoft's Real platform which they CONTROL , which the nokia X already is doing , what Ithink they should do is release nokia x with WP and advertise it because most of the apps that people use in developing nations are already available on WP , and a lot of apps that android is known for aren't even released in most developing countries stores . Honestly all those ads I'm seen about nokia X , should be ads about lumia ..
    07-11-2014 01:34 PM
    Nope, just don't like android.....
    07-11-2014 04:09 PM
    No. because it makes no difference to me what they do with another phone line.

the phone i have now running windows 7.5 works, and as long as it does,
    i'll stick with it. when it breaks, i'll just buy another one (used).

now, if they made an android phone, with a hardware keyboard,
    i would have a slight reason to consider it.

later
    07-11-2014 08:32 PM
61 123