View Poll Results: Will you leave WP if Lumia Android is released?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I'm done with WP

19 25.00%
  • No, I'll stick with WP

57 75.00%
07-14-2014 10:29 AM
61 123
tools
    No, im sticking to windows phone, if they release Lumia android i'll ignore it like i did with Nokia x it doesn't exist and im not going to recommend it to anyone.
    Jazmac likes this.
    07-11-2014 09:35 PM
    No, im sticking to windows phone, if they release Lumia android i'll ignore it like i did with Nokia x it doesn't exist and im not going to recommend it to anyone.
    I'll ignore it like I ignored Project Pink of the Microsoft Kin fame. I plan to move on with WP for now as it continues to deliver for me. If Nadella thinks he's gonna F up my experience with Windows Phone, I'll be the first to petition to have his resume type set at Kinko's.
    sumton likes this.
    07-12-2014 10:44 AM
    **** android
    07-12-2014 10:46 AM
    Of course would I stay. Because even if its possible to run Android apps it doesn't mean you have to. Windows users seem to feel 'forced'. Why?
    07-13-2014 03:43 PM
    Of course would I stay. Because even if its possible to run Android apps it doesn't mean you have to. Windows users seem to feel 'forced'. Why?
    Not forced. I have a Choice.

But why would a developer bring a native version of the app if we have random android crap version of it.
    07-13-2014 06:43 PM
    But why would a developer bring a native version of the app if we have random android crap version of it.
    If any developer (no matter who) thinks that way of making apps you shouldn't use that app in the first place. You saw this kind a way back on Apple computers when virtualization came in. Users scared that Adobe would only create CS for Windows and Apple users could run it via virtualization. It didn't happen in the end. Same as I don't see this happen.
    07-14-2014 02:13 AM
    Not forced. I have a Choice.

Note that the "random android crap", as you call it, is often better and more fully featured than the equivalent app on WP. Example: Instagram for one. Even the Office app for Android is better than what we have on WP and the less said about Skype, the better.
    tgp and rodan01 like this.
    07-14-2014 03:49 AM
    If any developer (no matter who) thinks that way of making apps you shouldn't use that app in the first place. You saw this kind a way back on Apple computers when virtualization came in. Users scared that Adobe would only create CS for Windows and Apple users could run it via virtualization. It didn't happen in the end. Same as I don't see this happen.
    And times do change.

Look at bblackberry. They have literally given up and are so heavy in with android apps that no one is making native blackberry apps.

And the android apps they do have from what I read on crackberry are poor performing.

While this may appease the users who are desperate for this, this really has nothing for potential users. Why would I go for a windows phone with android app that dont work the way they do on the platform they were made for
    07-14-2014 09:56 AM
    Won't jump right away.but when i feel the need to upgrade my 1520 it will be an iPhone.coz if Lumia goes android i don't think wp will have much future by the time i get next phone.
    And whether right or wrong the chances of me getting a phone from a company that sells your personal data is very low
    Nogitsune Micah likes this.
    07-14-2014 10:09 AM
    My Nexus 7 (2013) runs as good, or better, than my 1520.
    Are you kidding? i have Nexus 7 and Lumia 1320, it aint as smooth as WP, battery is worst in Nexus 7... Dies with in 2 days, just calls, no games....
    07-14-2014 10:18 AM
    I'll stick Lumia in WP OS :)
    07-14-2014 10:29 AM
61 123