If MS creates an Android Lumia Phone will you leave WP?

jamie johnston

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't get what all the fuss is about, if you owned say a ford focus, would you all get angry and say 'i'm never going back to ford again' if they brought out a diesel version of the same car?

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't get what all the fuss is about, if you owned say a ford focus, would you all get angry and say 'i'm never going back to ford again' if they brought out a diesel version of the same car?
THat is not even remotely the same thing.

That's like Barnes and noble which is struggling with nooks starting to make kindles...by doing that, you make it look like you have little to no faith in your product that you have to use your competitors product. The competitor who has been pretty much ignoring your product and a competitor you spent 2013 bashing...remember scroogled.

I certainly would simply because it tells me Microsoft doesn't have faith in their products so why should I. I will stick with windows 8, only because I have no desire to use mac or god awful chromebook but I already am looking at ios. And I am one of the biggest Lumia fanboys here.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Is WP still being produced? Still being supported and improved? Is MS still working to get developers and their apps onboard?

Those are the only real important questions. Let us not forget that both AT&T and Verizon here in the US want a 3rd ecosystem to keep from iOS and Google from having too much control over products they want.

If this is something being considered, then it all comes down to why. But until Microsoft walks away from WP, I am likely to stick with it.

Heck, I closed down WebOS. I used a Pre Plus for about a year past it's support date. I will close down WP as well. I will shut the lights off and lock up as I leave, do not worry.

ianberg

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I've only had Nokia (WP and pre-WP) phones and a BlackBerry. But Android apps are being developed like crazy, so it's tempting.

DER1996

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
That's one crazy rumor , but this wouldn't be the first eveleaks was wrong ... I think what they meant is a LUMIA -LIKE Nokia x , as in a flagship nokia X with all Microsoft services integrated , but a Lumia android , that would create more confusion than windows rt and windows 8 did and would totally cannibalize lumias and Microsoft's Real platform which they CONTROL , which the nokia X already is doing , what Ithink they should do is release nokia x with WP and advertise it because most of the apps that people use in developing nations are already available on WP , and a lot of apps that android is known for aren't even released in most developing countries stores . Honestly all those ads I'm seen about nokia X , should be ads about lumia ..

negative1ne

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
No. because it makes no difference to me what they do with another phone line.

the phone i have now running windows 7.5 works, and as long as it does,
i'll stick with it. when it breaks, i'll just buy another one (used).

now, if they made an android phone, with a hardware keyboard,
i would have a slight reason to consider it.

later

sumton

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
No, im sticking to windows phone, if they release Lumia android i'll ignore it like i did with Nokia x it doesn't exist and im not going to recommend it to anyone.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
No, im sticking to windows phone, if they release Lumia android i'll ignore it like i did with Nokia x it doesn't exist and im not going to recommend it to anyone.
I'll ignore it like I ignored Project Pink of the Microsoft Kin fame. I plan to move on with WP for now as it continues to deliver for me. If Nadella thinks he's gonna F up my experience with Windows Phone, I'll be the first to petition to have his resume type set at Kinko's.

StephanW

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Of course would I stay. Because even if its possible to run Android apps it doesn't mean you have to. Windows users seem to feel 'forced'. Why?

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Of course would I stay. Because even if its possible to run Android apps it doesn't mean you have to. Windows users seem to feel 'forced'. Why?

Not forced. I have a Choice.

But why would a developer bring a native version of the app if we have random android crap version of it.

StephanW

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
But why would a developer bring a native version of the app if we have random android crap version of it.

If any developer (no matter who) thinks that way of making apps you shouldn't use that app in the first place. You saw this kind a way back on Apple computers when virtualization came in. Users scared that Adobe would only create CS for Windows and Apple users could run it via virtualization. It didn't happen in the end. Same as I don't see this happen.

AG VK

Banned
Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
Not forced. I have a Choice.

Note that the "random android crap", as you call it, is often better and more fully featured than the equivalent app on WP. Example: Instagram for one. Even the Office app for Android is better than what we have on WP and the less said about Skype, the better.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
If any developer (no matter who) thinks that way of making apps you shouldn't use that app in the first place. You saw this kind a way back on Apple computers when virtualization came in. Users scared that Adobe would only create CS for Windows and Apple users could run it via virtualization. It didn't happen in the end. Same as I don't see this happen.
And times do change.

Look at bblackberry. They have literally given up and are so heavy in with android apps that no one is making native blackberry apps.

And the android apps they do have from what I read on crackberry are poor performing.

While this may appease the users who are desperate for this, this really has nothing for potential users. Why would I go for a windows phone with android app that dont work the way they do on the platform they were made for

akthelonelyman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
Won't jump right away.but when i feel the need to upgrade my 1520 it will be an iPhone.coz if Lumia goes android i don't think wp will have much future by the time i get next phone.
And whether right or wrong the chances of me getting a phone from a company that sells your personal data is very low

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss