If MS creates an Android Lumia Phone will you leave WP?

AngrySprintUser

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
It's as simple as that. I've read some comments say it so how many of you would? How many of you, if MS creates an Android Lumia will jump ship from WP? Yes or No

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I would personally stick with a WP based Lumia. The apps I use are adequate for my purposes. OK there's *one* game I would like to see on WP but basing my phone platform over one game isn't life or death. I just don't get on with Android anymore - no matter who the OEM is.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
If this happens and me and my wife don't like the way it works we will switch to Amazon. We each have Kindle Fires already anyway. Android without Google. Amazon must be licking their chops.

Sent from my KFTT using Mobile Nations mobile app

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'd probably stay, but I'd be pretty torn.

but then again I've stuck with many mobile's long after their expiration dates, so I'll be OK.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Nope, not a chance. I've had three Windows Phones so far and love it, especially since 8.1. My only Android experience is with an HTC One that I got in April. I would sooner return to an iPhone over Android, but I'm sticking with Windows Phone.

derek533

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
Ever used Android? No way in heck I'm going back to that lag fest. Spare me the it's the older phones only bs as I see plenty of people with Galaxy 4's and 5's as well as Note 3's talking about a little lag here and there.

It only gets worse once you start to install apps. Google is evil...

cesarg

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I would go either amazon or iphone.

I've supported windows phone since seven series with my LG O7, Samsung focus, HTC titan, then Lumia 820, Lumia 928, and I also have a 925 that I got from DVLUP after publishing some apps in the store.

Windows phone has practically made me follow MS products and services. I've made at least 10 people to switch in the last months. I even have 2 surface devices and made some people get themselves the paid storage version of onedrive. I've done that because all this time I've believed in how good are their products and in the way they innovate.

If Microsoft drops a new high end lumia with Android I will be instantly told I was not only blind but also very alone in the decision I took the day I noticed I was using a top product and felt like I had to support it.

If they ever get to a point where they aren't supporting it anymore, why would we have to?

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Ever used Android? No way in heck I'm going back to that lag fest. Spare me the it's the older phones only bs as I see plenty of people with Galaxy 4's and 5's as well as Note 3's talking about a little lag here and there.

No recent first hand experience with Android?

My Nexus 7 (2013) runs as good, or better, than my 1520.

Everyone knows touchwiz is a resource hog. It's not really fair to blame Android OS for OEM's skins.

On topic: I could care less if Microsoft made an Android Lumia, as long as it doesn't effect their efforts on WP. Heck, I wouldn't mind installing some of Nokia's Apps if they ported them to Android. ;) (Already tried MixRadio from the Nokia Android phone. Installed but wouldn't stream anything. :/ )

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Nexus 5 is butter smooth. Androids don't lag. Hardly. But let Samsung add multiple layers of customization and services and you get lag. I'm not loyal to any platform. I use what suits my needs. I own iOS, Android, and WP. I like what each platform has to offer. Why not enjoy the awesome tech available to us instead of spouting fan boy allegiance statements and missing what others have to offer?

AngrySprintUser

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site

The question was, would you leave WP. Meaning you could go to any other OS, not just Android.

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Pointless question! They already have the X devices which are skinned to look like WP. And the devices look like Lumia's.

The whole point of the X devices is to get people over to WP. If they become the Lumia X I cant see any issues.

Samsung and HTC both made Android and WP devices, don't think many people stopped using them cause of it.

Penny_1

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Nope, not as long as Microsoft does not slow down with WP. If I see any resources start to slip away to Android and WP progress beginning to slow, I will re-evaluate what the best value proposition is for me at that point. In fact, my standard of progress for WP right now would be set very high, as they are still playing catch-up in a sense and need to build WP at an even faster pace just to be able to carve out a worthwhile market for themselves. So I will re-evaluate my platform choice if Microsoft starts slipping either way, even if they don't bring Android to Lumias.

AngrySprintUser

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Pointless question! They already have the X devices which are skinned to look like WP. And the devices look like Lumia's.

The whole point of the X devices is to get people over to WP. If they become the Lumia X I cant see any issues.

Samsung and HTC both made Android and WP devices, don't think many people stopped using them cause of it.

We're not talking about a Nokia X, but a full Android phone, they're not the same. So that logic doesn't work.

Also the logic of comparing of phone manufacturers HTC and Samsung making phones with different os is false. Apple makes iPhones, not WP and FULL Androids as well.

rodan01

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
We're not talking about a Nokia X, but a full Android phone, they're not the same. So that logic doesn't work.

Also the logic of comparing of phone manufacturers HTC and Samsung making phones with different os is false. Apple makes iPhones, not WP and FULL Androids as well.

Microsoft can't do both, Google Android and Nokia X (AOSP). As part of the contract they have to sign to have access to Google Android, OEMs can't sell phones with an incompatible version of Android, that is, Nokia X.
So, a Lumia Android would be just the Nokia X with a better name.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs