Warren says Windows RT and WP is getting android apps. Perfers WP have malware

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: Warren says WIndows RT and WP are getting android apps. Perfers WP have malware

I'm sorry to say this, but this is pretty old.
Sent from my RM-914_im_mea3_380 using Tapatalk

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I think he was just trolling. There's no way that Microsoft is actually working on getting Android apps to work on Windows phone, if that's even possible.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
In my opinion native dev's for Windows Phone have failed to innovate and create outstanding apps for the Windows Phone platform with in the last four years now. I believe now ( not always but just recent) that perhaps bringing android apps to Windows Phone is a good thing.

Warren is a credible source. And most of the time he is right. I guess we have to wait and see what happens.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Re: Warren says WIndows RT and WP are getting android apps. Perfers WP have malware

I'm sorry to say this, but this is pretty old.
Sent from my RM-914_im_mea3_380 using Tapatalk

I'm older and he just posted this comment. But the bigger question for me is, who is Tom Warren? I see his posts in this forum often and he is treated like he is some mega "insider".

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site

I'm older and he just posted this comment. But the bigger question for me is, who is Tom Warren? I see his posts in this forum often and he is treated like he is some mega "insider".

Last I checked, he works for the Verge.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Better make ios apps work on WP, that be rocking! 😎

Not iOS but Droid apps. Droids apps are open source and can run on any platform because they are made up in Java and are not limited to Google inc or any man made platform. Droid apps can run freely on any platform known to man. If Windows Phones allow Droids apps that will be awesome.

The app Gap will close overnight. Believe it.

Hopefully Warren is creditable.

Last edited:

Akhilesh Bhambhani

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
Not iOS but Droid apps. Droids apps are open source and can run on any platform because they are made up in Java and are not limited to Google inc or any man made platform. Droid apps can run freely on any platform known to man. If Windows Phones allow Droids apps that will be awesome.

Just asking..
Why not shift to some stock Android Phone and literally close the app gap overnight?
If you're here for the UI and Nokia can try X2?
Just asking why people want it here on a different platform? No offense. :)

Last edited:

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site

The gap might close, but think of all the issues that would come with it - the majority of the apps probably wouldn't fit the metro branding, there could be problems with paying for apps, since the Droid app marketplace probably doesn't work the same way as WP's; it could, like that person on the twitter screenshot said, bring malware; and etc.

michaelkriss

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure how I feel about this. Right now I don't think it is the right move, I love the apps that are designed to take advantage of what makes WP unique. That being said I was a long time webOS user and if there was some way to get some android apps on there I would probably still be plugging away with a few of the less intensive ones on a Veer or Pre 3. Maybe down the road if WP fails to catch on I could see this being an OK option, though for now I'd much rather see effort put into native apps and hopefully as they start to do more universal apps that will help get and keep developers interested.

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Having Android apps would be nice, but the problem would be that it would make developers not even bother with a WP version if they might otherwise have done so. I guess that might work if live tiles could display the app's notifications it tries to send to the Android NC. It would probably be ugly but it might work.

But why Android? Let's get the iOS ones. Those are even better.

k0de

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Just asking..
Why not shift to some stock Android
Phone and literally close the app gap overnight?

You see. I'm old school and computing was at is best when Google and MSFT and Java (Sun) were one many moons ago.

Huh?

Now they are three separate entities and a new competitor was born.

Oops Apple.

Before Apple. Google, MSFT and Java ruled the computing world. And they still do. But they are now weak and became three separate entries.

Thus Apple became strong and dominant in computing.

But I assure if Google, MSFT and Sun rejoin forces. Apple will be wipe of the face of the earth in computing.

Thus Android apps on Windows Phones will be revolutionary again.

Lol

This is big. And if it happens this could be the next big thing.

Last edited:

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Just asking..
Why not shift to some stock Android Phone and literally close the app gap overnight?

I agree. My question is if the new mission post Balmer is for MS is to bum rush android apps, why won't they simply say that so we could make a move? I would much rather be here and will fight like hell to stay. But its the seemingly dishonest way MS is going about things that troubles me. That is, if that is what they are planning.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3