Order <a target="_blank" href="/e?link=https%3A%2F%2Fafflnk.microsoft.com%2Fc%2F159229%2F433017%2F7593%3FsubId1%3DUUwpUdUbU27%26subId2%3Ddwp%26url%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Fwww.microsoft.com%252Fen-us%252Fp%252Fsurface-go%252F8V9DP4LNKNSZ&amp;token=Br6VPTNo">Microsoft Surface Go</a>   <a href="/e?link=http%3A%2F%2Fadfarm.mediaplex.com%2Fad%2Fck%2F127424%3FsubID%3DUUwpUdUbU27%26MPRE%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.dell.com%252Fen-us%252Fshop%252Fdell-laptops%252Fxps-13-laptop%252Fspd%252Fxps-13-9360-laptop&amp;token=zLmQ9gPA">Dell XPS 13</a>
07-18-2014 10:51 AM
81 ... 234
tools
    So all I got from that OP is you are bragging about how many WP you had. I want to chime in too..
    Samsung Focus
    HTC Titan
    Lumia 800
    Lumia 900
    Lumia 710
    Lumia 920
    Lumia 925
    Lumia 720
    Lumia 1020
    Lumia 1320
    Lumia 630

​I win.
    Which one's your favorite for day to day use?
    07-17-2014 01:13 AM
    It surprises me that there would be formatting issues between office versions on Mac and PC. I'd assume they would format the same way?
    Yeah, that's what I and my client had assumed until I delivered 150 documents that went wonky on his Mac... Thankfully, he had a PC on which to review the docs to verify they looked the way he wanted them, and since his audience is mostly PC users, he decided the problem was the Mac, not my work.
    07-17-2014 11:41 AM
    As long as Microsoft will support WP, I'll stick too, Scienceguy.

It certainly doesn't help when WP users are trying to kill it in little ways. Yesterday, an article titled "Windows Phone store is a ghost town" was picked up by Techmeme. It was written by a WP user who, in his article, claims he wants to see WP succeed. People who do have a voice should be more careful. People browsing Techmeme or their RSS feed will see that title, have confirmation of the "fact," and keep right on going. When it comes time to choose a new phone, they won't even look at WP because the WP store is a ghost town. They read it on the internet so it must be true.

I am a live tile junky and, I believe, more productive because of my addiction. Every time I see a screen shot of an Android or iPhone start screen, I shudder at the thought of all that wasted space surrounding the icons they use to drill down to what the user wants.

If the mothership can make the universal OS a reality, with apps working on every device that runs Windows, devs would be crazy to not climb on board.

Keep the faith.
    Depends on where you are and what you need. For some the market is a ghost town at best, a trash can at worst. Copies of original apps, dozens of apps with different names but same icons, or vice versa. Tiles look better than Android icons. However for obvious reasons saying there is a waste of space on Android doesn't sound too right. Not only there are more icons per row on Android, not only with some home apps you can fit more, buy you can also make folders with apps just with a drag and drop. And when you click the icon shows an exploded view of the apps inside the folder. This also allows for better categorization. In terms of functionality Android is much better for me. The way tiles are organized and not enough resizable in WP steals tons of real estate. Good side is tiles are easier to click. My two cents.
    07-17-2014 12:03 PM
    Yeah, that's what I and my client had assumed until I delivered 150 documents that went wonky on his Mac... Thankfully, he had a PC on which to review the docs to verify they looked the way he wanted them, and since his audience is mostly PC users, he decided the problem was the Mac, not my work.
    When i had Mac (years ago) the official office for Mac was created by students and was an utter shambles.
    Last edited by Great deal; 07-17-2014 at 02:32 PM.
    07-17-2014 12:45 PM
    Depends on where you are and what you need. For some the market is a ghost town at best, a trash can at worst. Copies of original apps, dozens of apps with different names but same icons, or vice versa. Tiles look better than Android icons. However for obvious reasons saying there is a waste of space on Android doesn't sound too right. Not only there are more icons per row on Android, not only with some home apps you can fit more, buy you can also make folders with apps just with a drag and drop. And when you click the icon shows an exploded view of the apps inside the folder. This also allows for better categorization. In terms of functionality Android is much better for me. The way tiles are organized and not enough resizable in WP steals tons of real estate. Good side is tiles are easier to click. My two cents.
    Here's your app for that, EC. Published by Microsoft Mobile...

App Folder | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

You can stash your apps in folders and create live tiles for each folder or for the folder app itself.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-17-2014 04:54 PM
    Here's your app for that, EC. Published by Microsoft Mobile...

App Folder | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

You can stash your apps in folders and create live tiles for each folder or for the folder app itself.
    i tried that app and apart from being counter-intuitive to use (it requires a lot of useless processes) once it's done is not only ugly to see (i have removed it since 8.1 DP) but it's also not practical. Android shows a CLICKABLE exploded...it means once you click on it the icons of each app become live and clickable. What app folder does is creating a dull container for some apps, making a tile and trying to show what's inside.
    It's a terrible implementation of how it should work. Go try, just to say one, Nova Launcher on any Android and try the level of flexibility you have. You'll see what i mean. Don't even mention Themer and the alikes.....they just bury WP in terms of UI customization.
    Another issue i have mentioned many times is the way WP aggregates mails. It's very confusing and not practical for people with multiple accounts.
    07-18-2014 10:51 AM
81 ... 234