W8 Metro Tiles Coming to Google OS.

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Well I'm here because an Android developer copied Metro to make a UI for Android. When I first saw Metro, I just didn't get it. After a year of Android on my Vibrant I installed this guy's UI. Now he couldn't make Live Tiles, the tiles though would move and launch. However what I did like was that when turning the phone into landscape position, the tiles rotated to match! Something we still don't have on the real thing. And there was the general app list to with the alpha jump capability.
So I found myself using that UI for 2-3 Mos after which I caught sight a second time of a Windows phone and saw with actual functioning live tiles and let me tell you this time there was love! Dumped my Vibrant and never looked back.
All that to say anyone can imitate but there is only one real McCoy; there will only ever be one original Windows Phone and no matter what Google or anyone else can concoct, they will always be 2nd hand imitations. I think their efforts will backfire.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
ROTFL. The pirates at google has clearly has run out of ideas. Now they are looking for a way to remain viable. lol. Those bustas think they can do a skin and be Windows. LOL. Too funny.

Apoorvdec

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I don't think android is unique in any way ... the design of android was copied from Symbian.. the only unique thing about it is notification centre and of course the lags and crashes ;)

carlos12001

May 1, 2014
Visit site
Stealing/Copying in the OS world is as old as the OS world itself , and when your copied you don't complain you innovate ;) oh and for chrome OS it would need a hell of a lot more then a cosmetics change to become a viable option ,and for android with the switch to ART and the problems that it's going to cause , and the 530 and 630 and the new upcoming phones and the accelerating development of WP , this is the time for MS to strike , and it has already started ...
Oh and with the way android development is going , most developers and even some OEMs , would just ignore material design anyway :p

We'll said, Chrome OS is pitiful.

Sent from my iPhone using WPCentral Forums

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
somehow, i am start laughing, because they used to think that Microsoft couldn't do anything right. now, what they did is copying Microsoft.
iOS 7 copied Windows Phone. Android 5(or 4.5 or whatever) copied Windows/Windows Phone's Tiles (except they don't make a live tile, but static).

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I know what happens

Microsoft introduces Metro UI
"BOO! Texts are so hard to read!"
"Borefest! They are as done as my fried egg this morning!"
"Is this UI a #tbt????"

Google and Apple goes Metro
"Yas! Kings!! So innovative and modern!"
"Revolutionary. Outside of the box thinking!"
"And they did it again"

(After 5 seconds fandroids and apple fans start their month long battle on which one is better)

That's how Microsoft gets it all the time..

wuiyang

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I know what happens
Google and Apple goes Metro
"Yas! Kings!! So innovative and modern!"
"Revolutionary. Outside of the box thinking!"
"And they did it again"

(After 5 seconds fandroids and apple fans start their month long battle on which one is better)

That's how Microsoft gets it all the time..

typical a lags of fandroids and a group of iSheep. Arguing the original product, and advertising their own.

how iSheep gonna be like when they knew apple copied other people.
"it is not who created first, it is who make it USABLE!"
"so what? apple make it cleaner and better"
"their __something here__ is not even same as our __soomething2 here__"
"did you know that __company here__ copied us too?"
"__company here__ copied others too"

found this image during searching for google apple copy microsoft
apple_amazon_google_facebook_microsoft.gif

Last edited:

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Tenor: WWDC: Apple Copies Android & Windows phone (Side-by-side comparisons)
for your own clarity. also some pre installed apps (calculator, calendar and more)

Let's take a look at those similarities.

Lockscreens: They both have a picture... one has something that tells you to swipe to the side. Seriously, the only similarity is that they both have a picture.
Messaging: Yep, they both are white. And the keyboards both have square letters. Granted, the only thing that changed with iOS 7 was that the colors got brighter in the chat bubbles. It had been white before for the background.
Call screen: You have me here, they're actually similar.

Now let's look at the differences:
iOS is a grid of icons in folders, WP8 is a screen filled with live files.

This is the main thing you're going to notice. They're not really similar. It's funny to say they are, but they're not.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
they used to have 3D like icon, now they go flattery.
for lockscreen, it make it cleaner, and more like windows phone or android
photo hub
calculator
Calendar iphone vs Windows Phone

You do know flat has been done by many people before, right? It isn't just a Microsoft thing.

People keep pointing to a single wallpaper from both, that they both have bubbles... and I say so what?
Their photo hub is different than ours, and better. iOS has photos set up in a way where their placement is based on both location and time it was taken. WP has one of the two.
Their calculator is also different. The shape, the spacing, it's different. Heck, the colors are different. Not even the buttons are the same.
I'm also not seeing how the calendars are so similar.

Seriously, you're reaching.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb