The App Gap...goes both ways

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
There is an app gap. when I used an Android Phone, the extent of the gap hit me. i couldn't use mixradio download mixes, and while there may have been several apps to download mixes, none of them are MixRadio, especially in terms of UI and functionality.The Disqus app was nonexistent so I has no way quickly check threads I was following without going on the web site. I normally relax myself with foundbite, alas, that app was nowhere to be found. even the apps that were there (Twitter, Vine) Didn't provide quick access to my favourite users via pinning icons to the home screen. I cant regram on Instagram or save the videos on Vine to Onedrive. Lots of missing functionality that gets overlooked. SophieLens HD wasn't there either and I couldn't play Song arc. It was a horrid experience-wait no it wasn't. Because I have a brain and I can easily adapt. Though I prefer WP for the apps (yes that's weird. Can someone find me sleeve music on iOS or Android). Thought not.
OneLens? Onemusic? Lumia Camera?Glam Me? No?

Edit: So instead of fawning over apps on Android and iOS, WP should develop its own ecosystem of unique apps which should be encouraged to grow. WPcentral can even be reviewing apps on a daily or weekly basis. Heck I don't mind doing it in the forums if I get enough support. I download many apps anyway.

Last edited:

PWGltd

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
There is an app gap. when I used an Android Phone, the extent of the gap hit me. i couldn't use mixradio download mixes, and while there may have been several apps to download mixes, none of them are MixRadio, especially in terms of UI and functionality.The Disqus app was nonexistent so I has no way quickly check threads I was following without going on the web site. I normally relax myself with foundbite, alas, that app was nowhere to be found. even the apps that were there (Twitter, Vine) Didn't provide quick access to my favourite users via pinning icons to the home screen. SophieLens HD wasn't there either and I couldn't play Song arc. It was a horrid experience-wait no it wasn't. Because I have a brain and I can easily adapt. Though I prefer WP for the apps (yes that's weird. Can someone find me sleeve music on iOS or Android). Thought not.

Bam!

Well said man

rodan01

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
If the rumors are true, and the Android apps come to WP, you not only will enjoy those 4 apps that are exclusive for WP, but also the 900.000 apps that are exclusive for Android because developers can't finance a WP app. Things are going to improve for you.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
If the rumors are true, and the Android apps come to WP, you not only will enjoy those 4 apps that are exclusive for WP, but also the 900.000 apps that are exclusive for Android because developers can't finance a WP app. Things are going to improve for you.
The simple thing is that a lot of those android apps are going to be useless on WP. Launchers, keyboards, icon packs etc.
And it isn't just those four apps. Also, I don't want Android apps. I want WP apps with the design and stuff.
Android apps can suck it

Wall iPhone

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Also, I don't want Android apps. I want WP apps with the design and stuff.
Android apps can suck it

Why?!? So only because a few Apps wont use the regular WP theme, you would say NO to every popular mobile game and more, that WP at the moment is missing out on and losing customers on?
The WP theme doesn't even matter in games, as games look the same across devices. Windows phone really need this boost in games to close the app gap..

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Why?!? So only because a few Apps wont use the regular WP theme, you would say NO to every popular mobile game and more, that WP at the moment is missing out on and losing customers on?
The WP theme doesn't even matter in games, as games look the same across devices. Windows phone really need this boost in games to close the app gap..

Sigh 😔
Read arguments aagain. There's a while article about this on Arstechnica.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site

Would love to see how those games run in an emulator on 512MB devices, should be fun for those users....

Wall iPhone

May 9, 2014
Visit site
So you just assume it will suck, that's mature.
I believe everything will still go through the Windows App Store, and that Microsoft will only port the games, instantly closing the App gap. This will almost "force" developers to make/port their non-game apps for windows phone, and Microsoft wont accept them to the store if the apps doesn't follow/use the windows phone theme/guidelines.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
So you just assume it will suck, that's mature.
I believe everything will still go through the Windows App Store, and that Microsoft will only port the games, instantly closing the App gap. This will almost "force" developers to make/port their non-game apps for windows phone, and Microsoft wont accept them to the store if the apps doesn't follow/use the windows phone theme/guidelines.

No. There are several reasons given that will not be retreaded. Also, off topic

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa