MS phone future build

Agave AZUL

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Hope I'm posting this in the correct thread....

I currently have an iPhone 5.
However, I am seriously considering buying a new Nokia 1520 or better.
I own a SP2; I just LOVE this thing!!!

Now here is where I am at :
Will MS ever make their Nokia phones as high in quality as I have in my i5?
Meaning :
The feel, quality, and look vs a plastic base that I am seeing in the 1520.

I would be really convinced to buy without question a Nokia made as nicely as the i5.

I just prefer that my new phone be like a piece of art.

I enjoy this part of it..

Am I crazy?

A Nokia 1520 with the feel and finish of an i5 would be bliss!!!!

Thoughts?

praveen9663

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
In my opinion & own usage experience i would like to say Apple i5 is best in its iOS platform...Material used in NOKIA devices are par better than Apple in Price point of view....However if any trouble seen in Apple device is really a big deal to Resolve from user END....I experienced one simple issue of slower drop down(NOTIFICATION CENTER) menu in i5C (4G) i went to imagine store they took 6 Days to just update the firmware & they gives the reason this device is very new so firmware availability is difficult like that.....This is not a case in Windows if any Major trouble(Till now i didn't faced in Lumia 625) will be solved with simple Reset....Better look at Lumia-930 (aka ICON) build quality is 100% better than i5 (you can feel it)....

Cabo Blue

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
So you are maybe saying that I wont be disappointed in the plastic cased version of a 1520?

Please elaborate some...

Any chance ever that MS may one day make a Nokia with that jewel like feel?
Something like a fine watch?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
So you are maybe saying that I wont be disappointed in the plastic cased version of a 1520?

Please elaborate some...

Any chance ever that MS may one day make a Nokia with that jewel like feel?
Something like a fine watch?

Look what I found on YouTube.

gerzhwin

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
A Nokia 1520 with the feel and finish of an i5 would be bliss!!!!

Thoughts?

I can see that the design of an iP5S can be considered as attractive. But the design and engineering of Lumias so far is focused on structural an visual durability, exceeding Apple's sleekness when used with less care. Nokia/MSFT started a more industrial looking approach with the 925 and 930, so I believe they will build upon this.

Yesterday I gave the L930 a first haptic hands-on: The slightly sharpened edges of the aluminum monobody's visible band and the formed display glass are maybe something you are looking for, really feels techie in your hands, but the polycarbonate back cover and the round glass sides make the feeling so much more natural, than with the abstractness' touch of the iP5S. Also, the 1520's smoothness is in corporated in the 930's build!

Agave AZUL

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I can see that the design of an iP5S can be considered as attractive. But the design and engineering of Lumias so far is focused on structural an visual durability, exceeding Apple's sleekness when used with less care. Nokia/MSFT started a more industrial looking approach with the 925 and 930, so I believe they will build upon this.

Yesterday I gave the L930 a first haptic hands-on: The slightly sharpened edges of the aluminum monobody's visible band and the formed display glass are maybe something you are looking for, really feels techie in your hands, but the polycarbonate back cover and the round glass sides make the feeling so much more natural, than with the abstractness' touch of the iP5S. Also, the 1520's smoothness is in corporated in the 930's build!

I'll take a look at the 930

Was reading in another thread on WPC,
Will the Nokia phones OS be phased into one OS across multiple windows devices?

This made me think if I buy the 930 or 1520 now, will its OS be supported down the road?

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Being a 1520 owner I can say the build quality is fantastic. To be honest it wouldn't matter as 9/10 you will put it inna case to protect it anyway. Spent ?5 on a leather looking case with magnetic lock on eBay brand new (came with screen protector too) and it still fits in my pocket. Luckily I have wireless charging (I live in London,England) but don't get to use it to be honest. The screen is great when I clean it. Don't have to worry about any hairline scratch with a cleaning cloth. Little things like that makes all the difference that's why I didn't put the screen cover on it. This is my most expensive phone I owned and thanks to the Lumia 520 (my first ever windows phone) I will never get another android or apple phone again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos