Hope I'm posting this in the correct thread....

I currently have an iPhone 5.
    However, I am seriously considering buying a new Nokia 1520 or better.
    I own a SP2; I just LOVE this thing!!!

Now here is where I am at :
    Will MS ever make their Nokia phones as high in quality as I have in my i5?
    Meaning :
    The feel, quality, and look vs a plastic base that I am seeing in the 1520.

I would be really convinced to buy without question a Nokia made as nicely as the i5.

I just prefer that my new phone be like a piece of art.

I enjoy this part of it..

Am I crazy?

A Nokia 1520 with the feel and finish of an i5 would be bliss!!!!

Thoughts?
    07-17-2014 11:13 PM
    I happen to like the style of the Lumias. I think the design is unique compared to that of iPhones, Samsungs, HTCs, etc.
    07-17-2014 11:27 PM
    In my opinion & own usage experience i would like to say Apple i5 is best in its iOS platform...Material used in NOKIA devices are par better than Apple in Price point of view....However if any trouble seen in Apple device is really a big deal to Resolve from user END....I experienced one simple issue of slower drop down(NOTIFICATION CENTER) menu in i5C (4G) i went to imagine store they took 6 Days to just update the firmware & they gives the reason this device is very new so firmware availability is difficult like that.....This is not a case in Windows if any Major trouble(Till now i didn't faced in Lumia 625) will be solved with simple Reset....Better look at Lumia-930 (aka ICON) build quality is 100% better than i5 (you can feel it)....
    07-17-2014 11:32 PM
    I happen to like the style of the Lumias. I think the design is unique compared to that of iPhones, Samsungs, HTCs, etc.
    Lumia 1520 is made up of polycarbonate with unibody design (polycarbonate is the hardest plastic )
    07-17-2014 11:55 PM
    So you are maybe saying that I wont be disappointed in the plastic cased version of a 1520?

Please elaborate some...

Any chance ever that MS may one day make a Nokia with that jewel like feel?
    Something like a fine watch?
    07-18-2014 12:43 AM
    So you are maybe saying that I wont be disappointed in the plastic cased version of a 1520?

Please elaborate some...

Any chance ever that MS may one day make a Nokia with that jewel like feel?
    Something like a fine watch?
    Look what I found on YouTube.

07-18-2014 12:50 AM
    Nothing posted....
    Link???
    07-18-2014 12:51 AM
    Nothing posted....
    Link???
    It's a YouTube video.
    07-18-2014 12:55 AM
    I agree. I mean, if you're going to remove the wireless charging from the phone. Then the phone should be made out of metal. In my opinion.
    07-18-2014 04:00 AM
    Nothing posted....
    Link???
    I can see you are using WPCentral app for WP. ;-)

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    xandros9 likes this.
    07-18-2014 06:27 AM

Thoughts?

I can see that the design of an iP5S can be considered as attractive. But the design and engineering of Lumias so far is focused on structural an visual durability, exceeding Apple's sleekness when used with less care. Nokia/MSFT started a more industrial looking approach with the 925 and 930, so I believe they will build upon this.

Yesterday I gave the L930 a first haptic hands-on: The slightly sharpened edges of the aluminum monobody's visible band and the formed display glass are maybe something you are looking for, really feels techie in your hands, but the polycarbonate back cover and the round glass sides make the feeling so much more natural, than with the abstractness' touch of the iP5S. Also, the 1520's smoothness is in corporated in the 930's build!
    Himanshu Chowdhary likes this.
    07-19-2014 03:06 AM
    I can see you are using WPCentral app for WP. ;-)

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    I THINK I posted this from my SP2.
    Not sure if this is an app available on my cell.
    07-19-2014 02:23 PM
    I can see that the design of an iP5S can be considered as attractive. But the design and engineering of Lumias so far is focused on structural an visual durability, exceeding Apple's sleekness when used with less care. Nokia/MSFT started a more industrial looking approach with the 925 and 930, so I believe they will build upon this.

Yesterday I gave the L930 a first haptic hands-on: The slightly sharpened edges of the aluminum monobody's visible band and the formed display glass are maybe something you are looking for, really feels techie in your hands, but the polycarbonate back cover and the round glass sides make the feeling so much more natural, than with the abstractness' touch of the iP5S. Also, the 1520's smoothness is in corporated in the 930's build!
    I'll take a look at the 930

Was reading in another thread on WPC,
    Will the Nokia phones OS be phased into one OS across multiple windows devices?

This made me think if I buy the 930 or 1520 now, will its OS be supported down the road?
    07-19-2014 02:26 PM
    I bet they'll support them with the next major release, but I haven't read something official.
    07-19-2014 02:41 PM
    Being a 1520 owner I can say the build quality is fantastic. To be honest it wouldn't matter as 9/10 you will put it inna case to protect it anyway. Spent 5 on a leather looking case with magnetic lock on eBay brand new (came with screen protector too) and it still fits in my pocket. Luckily I have wireless charging (I live in London,England) but don't get to use it to be honest. The screen is great when I clean it. Don't have to worry about any hairline scratch with a cleaning cloth. Little things like that makes all the difference that's why I didn't put the screen cover on it. This is my most expensive phone I owned and thanks to the Lumia 520 (my first ever windows phone) I will never get another android or apple phone again
    07-19-2014 03:10 PM