its the doomed doomed every thing about WP is doom thread

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Now that we have that out of our system can we all just calm down.

WP is doing everything right. I'm glad they are pulling away from gimmicks to focus on making an even more solid and uniformed OS with RT.

Let Samsung throw crap at the wall every other month to see what sticks and Android pump out a broken eco system that lags like no other. While IOS continues to tell their users what they don't need with their antiquated OS. Mr. Softy might not be the fattest, but they will get there.

Make mine Cortana!

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Define gimmick.

They are also getting rid of all original content while making all of their competitive advantages be used on competing platforms. It appears that there "plan" isn't to lure users to WP, but to make it easy fit people to stay out wherever they are and hopefully get some paying services customers out of it. I see WP sitting next to KIN with every move.

jfdavis17

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I was very upset and down on Microsoft over recent events, decided I was feed up so bad that I would try ios. So I went and bought a iPod touch, as I have never used anything apple, and I am so over android. I wanted to see just how bad windows phone was. Well I am in love with my 1520 all over again. I will be returning that iPod and putting that money towards the next great windows phone, whenever it comes. But I have to admit, how Microsoft can have such a superior os and still be in third place in sales is mind numbing.

scgf

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Lol! Yeah, iOS is pretty poor. A user interface of just app icons and nothing else is so basic. Whenever I use it I get stuck in apps, not knowing how to get back to the previous screen. Each app is different. The Sky+ app for instance lets you search but offers no obvious way to go back - I found by accident you have to press the search button again. WTF! Some apps have a back button at the top, others have it somewhere else. Android is the same. **** poor.

BitPusher2600

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
All the hatred for Samsung around here is slightly depressing. I hate Android which yes is their forte (for now), but their Windows Phones sure are fantastic. I mean I'm wild for mine, I've had no problems at any point so far, before and during the DP. I'm also huge on being allowed to replace my battery with a spare (a habit from my BlackBerry days I guess.) And maybe I like smooth, streamlined plastic :)

Can't ask for more from my device, and Cortana doesn't seem to mind.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea