What Microsoft subscription services do you have?

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Like a lot of people I am reluctant to pay for things on a rental basis, but I am now very happy to be paying yearly for Office 365, especially as it has a 1tb cloud offer that really makes sense of the capability of the Windows family of software, services and devices.

As I am also paying out regualer payments for my broadband supplier/Netflix/mobile services I am loath to load myself up with too many more rental agreements.

But I have an Xbox One, OK I am not a massive game player but it does seem daft not to have a Gold membership for the odd times I or my lad will play games. I think it's about ?40 per year.

Also I am not really a downloader of music, I rip CD's that I have bought and use them, so would be very reluctant to pay ?10 per month for an Xbox music pass, but again it seems you almost need it to make sense of the Xbox as a media tool.

What do you pay out for Microsoft wise and how do you justify it?

Bob

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I subscribe to Office 365. It is more worthwhile to me to have a subscription, since I use Office on multiple PCs, and the Office 365 subscription also includes 1 TB OneDrive storage.

I don't subscribe to Xbox Gold, since I don't own an Xbox (PC gamer only).

I currently subscribe to Nokia MixRadio+, but I'm not sure if I'll subscribe to Xbox Music if MixRadio+ is discontinued. Pandora, Slacker and Songza already have free versions. I really don't need offline storage of music, since I mainly stream music at the gym, which has free WiFi.

badMojo69

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
None. However I do have a MSDN subscription though work, so I can pretty much play around with any software they have.
I don't game much so I never saw the value in Gold as I use my Xbox as a Media Center Extender.

Maaz Mansori

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
Office 365 Small Business Premium - I chose it over the home subscription because it includes Exchange e-mail hosting for my custom domain name, plus still allows me to install Office on 5 computers.

TheJoester09

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
Xbox Music and Xbox Live Gold. I'm really considering Office 365, due to the 1TB OneDrive offer, but right now I get Office 2013 for free from my university. I'm graduating soon though, so we'll see.

Onager1286

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I currently subscribe to Office 365 Home, Xbox Music, and Xbox Live Gold. Xbox Live is my least used subscription as I don't game all that much... used to use it for Netflix mostly. Music pass is great, and so is the Office 365 sub. I'm not even a student anymore but tweaking my r?sum? all the time in a bare-bones editor like Google Docs would be terrible.

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Currently I am just using my subscription for Xbox Music that I picked up back in December for $30. I had been a user of Xbox Live Gold for Netflix on all my 360 Extenders for the last two years, but cancelled it last month after it was no longer required to access Netflix. We just don't game on consoles in my house. I also have a subscription to an extra 100 GB of OneDrive space for another 4 months. I think that I will upgrade to Office 365 as soon as it expires because its such a good value.

Moving to subscription based services is such a shift in how we consume media in my family. Its been a very bumpy road, especially with my parents.

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Cheers for all the replies, and carry on adding more.

I don't think you can go wrong with the Office 365 at the moment, just wish I hadn't bought a single copy before we went the 365 route.

Still got a few days to make up my mind re the Xbox live gold, may just try it for the first year, otherwise I have Titanfall for nothing.

But it is the Xbox music pass I am a bit concerned with, at ?10 per month, would I get the use out of it, I tend to listen to "My music" by that I mean the music I already own, it really is a shame the Xbox one doesn't allow local music, although I have found I can "Push" it from my laptop or Surface Pro, so in away it does work with "Local" music.

The Xbox One is so close to being the complete system and this issue could be a real downer for a lot of Xbox One buyers.

On Xbox music, I have a question.

Currently I am the only user listed on my Xbox, if I subscribed obviously my wife could just use my account to play music, but for various reasons I am considering making her an account, will she be able to share the music pass to her laptop, phone or Surface 2?

Any one got any real good reasons to persuade me to head towards an Xbox music pass at ?10 per month (I know that's only the cost of a few CD's but I only buy a few CD's and they tend to be second-hand so cheap (Yes stuck in the past with music) ?

Can you sometimes get discounted Xbox music passes?

I have a 30 day trail but loathe to use it if any music I listen to/download disappears at the end of a month.

Bob

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Office 365, E1 exchange plan, 200GB onedrive storage (will cancel as now have 1TB free), XBOX Music (will cancel that too till they fix the app experience) MS Project,

Svoboda

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Xbox Live subs for both XBox Ones in my house.

Had a Xbox Music sub but cancelled it. If they ever decided to follow the Beats music family subscription model, I'll resubscribe.

jongthechemist

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I have xbox music pass since the zune days but recently am thinking of cancelling it. I don't find the service improving anymore. :cry: Planning to get office 365 soon.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I subscribe to Xbox Music from the old Zune Pass days. I still get the MP3s. I bought an additional 20GB of storage on OneDrive, but Bing Rewards and other incentives have given me enough storage that I cancelled that. I was a TechNet subscriber, and that was by far my most valuable subscription from Microsoft, but unfortunately, that program has been closed.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I have Office 365 Home. The only reason I have it is because I use Office on multiple PCs and mobile devices (although non-Microsoft mobile devices don't require Office 365 anymore). The subscription is a lot cheaper than buying multiple Office licenses. I don't use any other feature of Office 365.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077