Hey guy's, seems to me that Xbox Music/Video isn't going anywhere.

Joe said on twitter to explain:

and better:

Sorry if someone already posted that, I searched, swear :)
    07-23-2014 05:28 PM
    Has Joe actually tried to use the apps his team have built? I doubt it. Otherwise he'd be worried about NOT dropping them.
    palmujukka likes this.
    07-23-2014 05:41 PM
    Anyone besides me think that Microsoft should've kept the Zune music player(and desktop client) and just rebranded them as Xbox Music? I feel like Zune was ahead of its time... But that's just me being pissed off at this below-half-baked Xbox music app we have on WP8.1
    07-23-2014 10:55 PM
    Anyone besides me think that Microsoft should've kept the Zune music player(and desktop client) and just rebranded them as Xbox Music..
    Yes. Everyone does. :P
    07-23-2014 11:06 PM
    Anyone besides me think that Microsoft should've kept the Zune music player(and desktop client) and just rebranded them as Xbox Music? I feel like Zune was ahead of its time... But that's just me being pissed off at this below-half-baked Xbox music app we have on WP8.1
    07-23-2014 11:15 PM
    Amen!
    07-23-2014 11:19 PM
    When I jumped into WP world, XBM was already there, so, I never used Zune. But the way you guys talk about it ... I love it too lol
    anon5997296, HeyCori and wpn00b like this.
    07-24-2014 07:19 AM
    http://winsupersite.com/xbox-music/m...-or-xbox-video

"But I do want to briefly address a related issue. Every time I discuss Xbox Music on Twitter, in particular, and often here on this site as well, I hear from this strange contingent of Zune fans. These people are misguided if they really believe that Zune was "better" than Xbox Music—which they clearly do, or that Microsoft should halt production of Xbox Music and go back to Zune. Or whatever.

Folks, this isn't true. And it's a rewriting of history—not to mention reality—to suggest otherwise.

Zune on the PC was initially terrible, but it eventually because a nice-looking if non-standard application for managing a local music collection. But this software was written for a different era, when people ripped music from CDs and managed music on their PCs. Yes, many still do that, I get it. But the modern approach is to organize music in the cloud and ideally use a subscription service to build that collection, which you can then access from any device at any time. This is what Xbox Music does, and it is in fact better than Zune. It's not even in the same league. That's why I'm writing a book about it. The service is excellent, and well-conceived.

It is fair to say, however, that Microsoft has completely f$%ked up the Windows Phone 8.1 client for Xbox Music. This app is a travesty of performance problems, and still is despite multiple updates since it RTMed back in April. I suspect they'll get it right, and I do think the Windows, Xbox One and Web clients are fantastic, so there's precedent here. But don't confuse one bad app with the entire service being broken, sucking, or just not being as good as Zune. Again, that is not true.

As an Xbox Music user and fan, and a subscriber to Xbox Music twice over, I'm eager for them to get the Windows Phone 8.1 client right. But let's not throw the entire product line under the bus because of this one disaster."
    07-24-2014 10:20 AM
    http://winsupersite.com/xbox-music/m...-or-xbox-video"But I do want to briefly address a related issue. Every time I discuss Xbox Music on Twitter, in particular, and often here on this site as well, I hear from this strange contingent of Zune fans. These people are misguided if they really believe that Zune was "better" than Xbox Musicwhich they clearly do, or that Microsoft should halt production of Xbox Music and go back to Zune. Or whatever.Folks, this isn't true. And it's a rewriting of historynot to mention realityto suggest otherwise.Zune on the PC was initially terrible, but it eventually because a nice-looking if non-standard application for managing a local music collection. But this software was written for a different era, when people ripped music from CDs and managed music on their PCs. Yes, many still do that, I get it. But the modern approach is to organize music in the cloud and ideally use a subscription service to build that collection, which you can then access from any device at any time. This is what Xbox Music does, and it is in fact better than Zune. It's not even in the same league. That's why I'm writing a book about it. The service is excellent, and well-conceived.It is fair to say, however, that Microsoft has completely f$%ked up the Windows Phone 8.1 client for Xbox Music. This app is a travesty of performance problems, and still is despite multiple updates since it RTMed back in April. I suspect they'll get it right, and I do think the Windows, Xbox One and Web clients are fantastic, so there's precedent here. But don't confuse one bad app with the entire service being broken, sucking, or just not being as good as Zune. Again, that is not true.As an Xbox Music user and fan, and a subscriber to Xbox Music twice over, I'm eager for them to get the Windows Phone 8.1 client right. But let's not throw the entire product line under the bus because of this one disaster."
    In the US where we have to pay for bandwith consumption the cloud is not a solution. They still need a good program to organize music on your PC- consumers may not rip music like they used to but they still download it. You can complain about iTunes all you want, but the company with the largest user base in the US still supports cd ripping and good local music management. As a user with a local collection of purchased and ripped music that exceeds 11,000 songs what do you suggest I do in these modern times? Give up the idea of having my whole music collection mobile if I want to have a Windows Phone? or somehow upload 50 gb of music to the cloud and expect not to exceed my 2 gb a month of data listening to my music and hope I always have a data connection wherever I am?
    dkediger and hotphil like this.
    07-24-2014 10:38 AM
    http://winsupersite.com/xbox-music/m...-or-xbox-video

"But I do want to briefly address a related issue. Every time I discuss Xbox Music on Twitter, in particular, and often here on this site as well, I hear from this strange contingent of Zune fans. These people are misguided if they really believe that Zune was "better" than Xbox Music—which they clearly do, or that Microsoft should halt production of Xbox Music and go back to Zune. Or whatever.

Folks, this isn't true. And it's a rewriting of history—not to mention reality—to suggest otherwise.

Zune on the PC was initially terrible, but it eventually because a nice-looking if non-standard application for managing a local music collection. But this software was written for a different era, when people ripped music from CDs and managed music on their PCs. Yes, many still do that, I get it. But the modern approach is to organize music in the cloud and ideally use a subscription service to build that collection, which you can then access from any device at any time. This is what Xbox Music does, and it is in fact better than Zune. It's not even in the same league. That's why I'm writing a book about it. The service is excellent, and well-conceived.

It is fair to say, however, that Microsoft has completely f$%ked up the Windows Phone 8.1 client for Xbox Music. This app is a travesty of performance problems, and still is despite multiple updates since it RTMed back in April. I suspect they'll get it right, and I do think the Windows, Xbox One and Web clients are fantastic, so there's precedent here. But don't confuse one bad app with the entire service being broken, sucking, or just not being as good as Zune. Again, that is not true.

As an Xbox Music user and fan, and a subscriber to Xbox Music twice over, I'm eager for them to get the Windows Phone 8.1 client right. But let's not throw the entire product line under the bus because of this one disaster."

IMO, no problems here with Xbox Music. Really, although Xbox Video still sucks.
    07-24-2014 11:42 AM
    .... You can complain about iTunes all you want, but the company with the largest user base in the US still supports cd ripping and good local music management. As a user with a local collection of purchased and ripped music that exceeds 11,000 songs what do you suggest I do in these modern times? .....
    So Much This!
    07-24-2014 12:12 PM
    In the US where we have to pay for bandwith consumption the cloud is not a solution. They still need a good program to organize music on your PC- consumers may not rip music like they used to but they still download it. You can complain about iTunes all you want, but the company with the largest user base in the US still supports cd ripping and good local music management. As a user with a local collection of purchased and ripped music that exceeds 11,000 songs what do you suggest I do in these modern times? Give up the idea of having my whole music collection mobile if I want to have a Windows Phone? or somehow upload 50 gb of music to the cloud and expect not to exceed my 2 gb a month of data listening to my music and hope I always have a data connection wherever I am?
    So you can put 50 gigs of music on an iphone?
    07-24-2014 01:02 PM
    I have 50gb on a 5th gen 64gb ipod touch, one would assume you could do it on a 64gb iPhone.
    07-24-2014 01:33 PM
    A device with an SD Card seems obvious.
    07-24-2014 01:44 PM
    A device with an SD Card seems obvious.
    That's why I have not given up my Lumia 822 yet- still waiting for a new 8.1 phone with a sdcard slot and an even more improved Xbox music app or I may be getting a 128gb iPhone 6 this fall.
    07-24-2014 01:57 PM
    That's why I have not given up my Lumia 822 yet- still waiting for a new 8.1 phone with a sdcard slot and an even more improved Xbox music app or I may be getting a 128gb iPhone 6 this fall.
    Dude, seriously, try Music Mink. It's my favorite music player, and it's free without ads :-)

http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=...f-0497513cfcc4
    07-27-2014 12:29 AM
    Compared to the initial XBM app though, I have noticed significant performance improvements so it's definitely getting there. It's just not as snappy as the original music+videos hub
    wpn00b likes this.
    07-27-2014 12:42 AM
    Compared to the initial XBM app though, I have noticed significant performance improvements so it's definitely getting there. It's just not as snappy as the original music+videos hub
    But it's been three months.. Honestly, it's nice that it's better, but really it should be GOOD by now! Not "slightly less frustrating" :S
    wpn00b and hotphil like this.
    07-27-2014 12:45 AM
    But it's been three months.. Honestly, it's nice that it's better, but really it should be GOOD by now! Not "slightly less frustrating" :S
    Patience, Joe did say on Twitter that a big update was coming soon. That man doesn't lie :P
    Jack Janik and wpn00b like this.
    07-27-2014 12:50 AM
    Patience, Joe did say on Twitter that a big update was coming soon. That man doesn't lie :P
    Soon
    jojoe42 likes this.
    07-27-2014 06:32 PM