I have searched the forums for an article for the surface mini and I understand it has halted production, however I have read this today. Read it first on phonearena and the other on mashable. Are they ending it for good or maybe expecting it a different time?

Microsoft Admits to Killing the Surface Mini
    07-23-2014 07:38 PM
    There have been a raising number of market analysts voices saying smaller tablets, especially those with just 7" will have a hard time to compete in the future. Customers seem to get more and more comfortable with "phablets" and either just use a single phablet or a phablet plus a larger tablet instead of buying a smaller one. Under Nadela new command I wouldn't be surprised when they would kill it off.
    07-23-2014 10:12 PM
    Ah, I see. To be honest I was kind of looking forward to the surface mini, I believe it would of been nice to have. And I agree that most people may not be interested in 7 inch tablets, people have different tastes.
    07-24-2014 05:48 AM
    Personally I was also looking forward to a Surface Mini. The larger 10"+ tablets are simply to large to carry around. One with 8" and similar functionality like a Surface 3 would be a winner for me. So I also hope those rumors are wrong.
    07-24-2014 06:46 AM
    I think this is a wise decision. Best to release with next OS else it will be a redundant device..fast...look at the 8 inch Lenovo, had amazing reviews and looked great, Lenovo have discontinued it in the US due to lack of demand. I guess after the billion dollars writing off the surface 1 they have written off mini before its gone to mass production, either way its sensible they get the OS singing and purring before the devices come flowing.
    xandros9 likes this.
    07-24-2014 11:26 AM
    I think this is a wise decision. Best to release with next OS else it will be a redundant device..fast...look at the 8 inch Lenovo, had amazing reviews and looked great, Lenovo have discontinued it in the US due to lack of demand. I guess after the billion dollars writing off the surface 1 they have written off mini before its gone to mass production, either way its sensible they get the OS singing and purring before the devices come flowing.
    I see, microsoft does not want to see that happen again with the unsold surfaces, better be safe than sorry.
    Great deal likes this.
    07-24-2014 04:01 PM
    I think its smart since the 8" Windows market is already crammed with tablets.

What could they have offered over the others?
    07-24-2014 04:08 PM
    They need office rt first. They could launch a mini optimized for note taking in 2015.
    07-24-2014 04:58 PM
    I think its smart since the 8" Windows market is already crammed with tablets.

What could they have offered over the others?
    Yes, crammed with budget tablets. There aren't any premium 8" Windows tablets. But I don't think there is a market for those.
    07-24-2014 05:55 PM
    Yes, crammed with budget tablets. There aren't any premium 8" Windows tablets. But I don't think there is a market for those.
    Well, there was the ThinkPad 8, but we all know where that went.
    07-24-2014 05:58 PM