08-11-2014 10:39 AM
55 123
tools
    I use Microsoft services. All of them. And I use WordPress for blogging accounts.
    I find Bing Search more useful for college students as it gives better results. Google will provide the same things again and again or Google reader or google books which are quite useless as we want research papers and excerpts. MS does better. Only Google service I use is YouTube.
    08-02-2014 02:47 AM
    Microsoft has also online Office services which is far better than Google docs.
    08-02-2014 03:02 AM
    Honestly I will use the "best of breed" of any service whether it be by Apple, Google, Microsoft or whoever. It just so happens that Google is hitting it out of the park on most of them right now. I tried using iCloud email and it's a joke.
    giulianoreali likes this.
    08-03-2014 01:08 PM
    I remember when Windows 98 came out, everyone was so worried that MS was going to take over the world. My, how times change. Now I would hang that sobriquet on Google. I don't really have a problem with them reading my emails to make ad suggestions, that's just smart and non-intrusive. OTOH, if you read the service EULA's, you will find that Google owns anything you upload onto their servers. Yes, your life long project of translating Moby **** into Sanscrit that you uploaded to Drive is theirs to do with as they see fit. And your images. I'm sorry I can't link to proof, do know that I read an authoritative source on this matter.

(I have my own domain, so I have no concerns about gmail, hotmail, etc.)

"Do no evil," my arse.

I find the whole Hotmail/Live/Outlook.com/Skydrive/OneDrive (PLEASE PICK ONE NAME AND STICK WITH IT, MS!) pretty awesome once you get past that naming stuff. Besides a common look with my WP, having the ability to have Word, etc. online is all many people will ever need for those types of functions, even if crippled compared to the $400 big boy or even Office 365.

From OneDrive I can log into my mothership from my on the road netbook if I need to to geet files. I love the bold, easy to navigate look of Metro (ANOTHER naming convention gone, it was good,) especially as my eyes get older.

In the year of owning my WP, I've slowly grown to love the whole unified package. If I had an Android, I'd still use OneDrive for reasons mentioned.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    08-11-2014 07:45 AM
    I mostly use Microsoft's services, like OneDrive, Office, Bing Search, etc. The only Google services I use are Gmail and YouTube.
    08-11-2014 10:39 AM
55 123