8 things I miss after switching from Windows Phone to Android

Here's the link and I fully agree.
    Other things for me, the design, tiles, the apps I have which aren't available anywhere else.
    Things I hate, - Xbox Music (till its back to scratch), ....loading..., resuming....
    sahib lopez, xandros9 and HeyCori like this.
    07-25-2014 11:41 AM
    8 things I miss after switching from Windows Phone to Android

Here's the link and I fully agree.
    Other things for me, the design, tiles, the apps I have which aren't available anywhere else.
    Things I hate, - Xbox Music (till its back to scratch), ....loading..., resuming....
    I particularly like the first thing on the author's list: apps. I hadn't given much thought to the advantages of not having "official" apps. The first one I snagged because an "official app" wasn't available? Wikipedia by Rudy Huyn. I know it's an app only a nerd could love, but my nerdy daughter is a glutton for information (I don't know where she got that from). She can wiki walk for hours. Rudy's 3rd party app is so good, Wikipedia hasn't bothered to offer up one of their own. They just link to Rudy's app. ;-)
    07-25-2014 01:02 PM
    I particularly like the first thing on the author's list: apps. I hadn't given much thought to the advantages of not having "official" apps. The first one I snagged because an "official app" wasn't available? Wikipedia by Rudy Huyn. I know it's an app only a nerd could love, but my nerdy daughter is a glutton for information (I don't know where she got that from). She can wiki walk for hours. Rudy's 3rd party app is so good, Wikipedia hasn't bothered to offer up one of their own. They just link to Rudy's app. ;-)
    Strangely enough, Rudy's App is the Official one. Wikipedia's endorsed it
    Nerdy Woman likes this.
    07-25-2014 01:06 PM
    This is well written and very honest accessment. I enjoyed reading the article. I have the Galaxy Note 8 and the ICON and I go back and forth. I do enjoy the ICON/WP more.
    07-25-2014 01:17 PM

Last time I tried the Android app it was pretty badly designed, Rudy has done a much better job and that's probably why Wikipedia links to his app.
    Nerdy Woman likes this.
    07-26-2014 06:55 PM
    Not a very forward thinking article though. WP8.1 is a game changing update that finally brings badly missed features that have been present on the big 2 for ages. However android 5.0 is mere months now from taking a big leap forward to the biggest update to android since 4.0 two years ago, rendering most of his points moot.
    07-26-2014 07:06 PM