MS needs to concentrate more on quality apps than on the quantity of apps.

Rushab Chopra

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Looks like MS is too much into launching a lot of apps together at the same time. They should take their time to launch a perfect app. They just ruined the Music+Videos app. And the Live Lockscreen Beta was just an over-hyped app. There's nothing 'LIVE' on the screen except for the 'Clock screen' As far as Files is concerned you cant even move folders from Phone to SD or vice-versa. Third party file managers are way better. There's simply no app on this platform that is perfect at all. Every app has some glitch. And wp8 was lag - free. On wp8.1 the notification centre lags on start-up, the icons on the start screen go blank ( on start up). Sometimes I feel that Android may have a lot of malwares but that's just coz its the most popular OS. Any OS [be it android or Windows (PC)] that is popular attracts more people to create malware. Windows Phone will be attacked by malwares/viruses once it reaches a specific point of popularity. That said, MS needs to concentrate more on QUALITY.

Just my thoughts.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Ether you have never been on an android device or simply new to technology in general. Third party apps are supposed to be better. They have to be in order to be noticed. I use VLC for music and Video on my computer. Not Windows Media. Not that it is bad. VLC is supports more and therefore better.

If your WP is lagging, try removing some of those less than quality apps written by less than quality developers on your phone. My 920 doesn't lag. Never has. Even running DV it hasn't lagged. Bottom line, you cannot install stuff in the market and not expect there not to be some impact to your device. I own a license to Amazing Weather HD. Its pure garbage on my phone. It kills live tiles and if I want my tiles to update, I can't use it. It has killed a number of devices for those running Windows Phone OS as I'm sure other apps in the Windows market has.

You can't make perfect. google didn't, IOS can't and neither can you.

It will take a bit of your own common sense to find what works and what doesn't. If apps don't function as you like, most have an email you can present your findings to and if you are lucky, they are aware of the problem and fix it. I wasn't so lucky with Amazing Weather HD since they are only interested in money than making a product that works worth a dog gone. Bottom line, its not a Microsoft problem that developers are less than perfect.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Ether you have never been on an android device or simply new to technology in general. Third party apps are supposed to be better. They have to be in order to be noticed. I use VLC for music and Video on my computer. Not Windows Media. Not that it is bad. VLC is supports more and therefore better.

If your WP is lagging, try removing some of those less than quality apps written by less than quality developers on your phone. My 920 doesn't lag. Never has. Even running DV it hasn't lagged. Bottom line, you cannot install stuff in the market and not expect there not to be some impact to your device. I own a license to Amazing Weather HD. Its pure garbage on my phone. It kills live tiles and if I want my tiles to update, I can't use it. It has killed a number of devices for those running Windows Phone OS as I'm sure other apps in the Windows market has.

You can't make perfect. google didn't, IOS can't and neither can you.

It will take a bit of your own common sense to find what works and what doesn't. If apps don't function as you like, most have an email you can present your findings to and if you are lucky, they are aware of the problem and fix it. I wasn't so lucky with Amazing Weather HD since they are only interested in money than making a product that works worth a dog gone. Bottom line, its not a Microsoft problem that developers are less than perfect.

In that case, Microsoft need to hire better developers

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
In that case, Microsoft need to hire better developers
I'm thinking third party developers advertize better than they develop applications. In my example, if you say your app is "amazing", you kind of expect it to be better than average. Amazing Weather HD isn't better than average, its worse. Its NOT EVEN HD for crying out loud. lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)