I... I Just Can't Do It.

Status
Not open for further replies.

3earnhardt3

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
Can't believe you went to android because WP was possibly getting...android apps, lol. I feel like if WP ever gets android apps it will be similar to Kindle Store, with a much smaller selection, and hopefully MS will have some Quality Control Measures built-in. As long the VM that runs android can be turned off in some way if you don't need it, I don't mind giving consumers options. With that said, I will likely NEVER run android apps on my WP.

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I have to say that my experience is the exact opposite to this. The M8 is the best phone I have ever used and I find Android apps generally very good. Did I buy the M8? Of course not. I have other much more interesting things in my life to spend that much money on than a phone. I got the Moto G instead, which is 90% as good for 30% of the price.

Anyway enjoy your next phone. Btw, does anyone else wonder what happens to all these phones that are returned? How much extra does it cost someone who never returns products to support this practice?

aikidaves

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Btw, does anyone else wonder what happens to all these phones that are returned? How much extra does it cost someone who never returns products to support this practice?

Returned phones are almost always refurbished and used as warranty replacements or offered for sale at lower prices than new phones. There's a net cost to the carrier or dealer that probably goes against cost of sales, but they're not likely to disclose a hard number to customers, nor are they likely to tell us how they factor it into their retail prices.

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Returned phones are almost always refurbished and used as warranty replacements or offered for sale at lower prices than new phones. There's a net cost to the carrier or dealer that probably goes against cost of sales, but they're not likely to disclose a hard number to customers, nor are they likely to tell us how they factor it into their retail prices.

That's a pity, as I'd like to opt out of paying for this service.

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Can't believe you went to android because WP was possibly getting...android apps, lol. I feel like if WP ever gets android apps it will be similar to Kindle Store, with a much smaller selection, and hopefully MS will have some Quality Control Measures built-in. As long the VM that runs android can be turned off in some way if you don't need it, I don't mind giving consumers options. With that said, I will likely NEVER run android apps on my WP.

If you can run Android apps on Windows phone, why would anyone develop for windows phone?

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
This right here says something about your attitude. No matter what Android does, you will not like it.

Just look at the Android central app as opposed to the windows phone central app. One of the two is clearly better. Android did have games that I truly envied but as far as apps go... Well, I found it painfully lacking

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I.... just can't read another thread that revolves around the app gap. Please don't make me.

I am glad you are happy on WP. I have come to the conclusion that despite my general feeling that Apple bleeds money from it's consumers like a finacial Dracula, I would move to an iPhone before an Android. My wife's LG Flex is a very good Android, and I still am helping her with glitches and sputters way more then a top end smartphone should have. I think it is better then her Samsung Note was. Then, I help set up an iPhone and it is seconds to do and very rarely do I need to work it through any problems.

The Samsung Note series is the best example I can give, though. The Note 2 was a top shelf Sammy, and I found it to be a tad sluggish and often a bit tempermental in loading apps and webpages. Now, pick up the Samsung ATIV S or the S NEO, and WP sings on nearly the same hardware. Just a night and day difference.

I am not worried about rumors. I am glad I still have WP options. Android has a ton of fun and enjoyment to offer, but for me? WP will be my choice for as long as it performs as it does now and MS continues to improve and support it. And also for me, Android has slipped to #4 on my personal OS choice list, as I think BB10 might get my money before Android did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos