What WP needs to succeed

pahutakz

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
able to turn off capacitive button not only in battery saver mode and also a notification indicator in windows logo in the capacitive button like breathe effect

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
able to turn off capacitive button not only in battery saver mode and also a notification indicator in windows logo in the capacitive button like breathe effect

Yupp I would love to see the windows logo used as an indicator! This idea has been around for quite some time

NokianWP

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
I'd like a Battery Saver option + Greyscale+ static tiles to save battery power like the S5's power saving mode.

More Xbox branded games.

Xbox Extras app returning to the US

More OFFICIAL colors for the software.

Edit:
an above average Skype app

The ability to print natively a la iOS 6-8. Printing apps are a temporary soln.

The incorporate a PDF viewer and print PDF option into the WPos.

Visa Declined

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
It needs VSCO Cam, Fantastical, Traktor DJ, Tweetbot, Facebook Paper, Alien Blue, Deus Ex: The Fall, Call of Duty: Strike Team, Dead Trigger 2, Real Racing 3, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Monument Valley, Medium, Threes!, Leo's Fortune, Shadowgun: Deadzone, Dead Space, The Room, Candy Crush, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Ridiculous Fishing, Canabalt, Sword & Sworcery EP, Forever Lost, Limbo, Hitman GO, Clash of Clans, Marvel Pinball, Epic Skater, Crazy Taxi: City Rush, Starbucks, The Simpsons: Tapped Out, Every bank app in the US & UK, Flipboard, Pocket, Anomaly 2, Swordigo, Republique, Trials Frontier, Battle Supremacy, Plants vs Zombies 2.. to succeed. Everything else about Windows Phone is terrific.

Last edited:

FeedTheShark

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Sure actionable notifications would be lovely, but I don't think features are the problem; on the whole WP is much nicer than iOS and Android. Most people only use a fraction of the features of their phones, it's the apps (still) and to an extent poor or lack of marketing that has prevented mass adoption. I hope that with 8.1 and a lot of new OEMs coming on-board perception of WP and promotion of it will increase, thus making more and more developers code for it at the same time as iOS and Android. But even that might not be enough and we may have to wait til Thresehold before developer interest picks up enough.

Most of my friends who have iPhones or Galaxies really like my 925 (and 920 before that), are amazed by the camera (more so by the 1020) and like the interface, but it's apps that stop them from switching. Once that changes things will change, but I can't see any new feature or features, no matter how innovative being enough to make people switch.

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Absolutely love to see:
1) Email: immediate sync changes back to outlook.com or exchange servers; ability to choose "send from"; ability to attach a file; ability to download attachment into a specific folder; support tags/colors of exchange servers; show multiple new emails on the live tile; give an option to choose if new emails number can be shown on live tile.
2) Tasks: Separate it out from Calendar; Support for flagged emails on outlook.com or exchange servers; Recurring tasks; Ability to assign task to people; Integration with OneNote
3) Clock: Stop watch, timer
4) Calendar: Give more options in Snooze (like 0 minutes before start); Show multiple events on live tiles;
​5) Onenote: support for multiple accounts; ability to create new notebook/pages; stylus support; Integration with Tasks or Calendar for to-dos
6) Implement Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync's most policies
7) Rework the integration with OneDrive; Merge Files and OneDrive into one single app; Allow the same level of access similar Windows 8.1 Update 1

Good to have but can live without
1) Faster xbox music app
2) Xbox Music Onedrive Support
4) News app download stories in the background (to be read on subways)
5) 1st party apps support an option to choose transparent live tiles
6) Ability to change Phone's name from Windows Phone to something else (at least give the option when first set up)

Hardware side:
1) Just like WPCentral once famously opined, a successor to Lumia 925, without the logo of T-Mobile or ATT, with at least 32GB internal storage

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
1) Actionable Notifications
2) Interactive live tiles
3) Android esque UI along with Microsoft's own UI with an option to switch between two.
4) Keyboard customizations. Right/Left handed view. Split view. Keyboard shortcuts like ctrl+A, ctrl+C, ctrl+V etc. Direction keys for cursor control. Shift+Direction keys for highlight. Adjusting keyboard height.
5) Different unlocking mechanisms. Pattern lock. Knock code. Fingerprint unlocking etc.
6) Background downloads.
7) Refined control over lock screen times.
8) Files(explorer) integration to attachment mechanism.
9) support for higher resolutions (ie QHD) with an option to switch between screen resolutions.
10) More drivers+devices support.
11) 64bit support.
12) Pen input support.
13) Unified camera app( Nokia camera) with auto-modes(Portrait, Speed, Night, Sports, HDR etc) as well as full manual mode. Support for 4K video recording as well as higher frame-rates for 1080p and 720p for slo-mo video recording.
14) Audio recorder.
15) IE split from OS for regular updates.
16) Split viewing for apps in large screen phones.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
They need to keep expanding the customization options, people Love customization, everyone does...and finally WP is starting to get attention, I really hope MS doesn't stop suddenly as they're on a roll.

Jules W

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
Bring back Zune Music and Video Hub, like in WP7, with Live Tiles of Artists, even when not playing. That was epic, whereas Xbox Music and Xbox Video are complete rubbish.

It is critical that Windows Phone has a good Music Player. Zune was compelling, but Xbox Music is not good enough for 2014 Smart Phones

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm ok with the lack of browser options, IE just needs to keep getting stabilized and render properly. Xbox music is horrible, I have songs saved locally and it sits on opening sometimes for a min or 2...wow that's bad

TheFancyPanc

May 4, 2014
Visit site
When I switch Flight Mode on, my data connection is turned off. When I switch Flight Mode off, my data connection is turned on. I do this in the action centre. Is this not what you mean?

airplane mode is separate from data connectivity because airplane mode turns off all connections rather than just data. Umar is talking about just data/cellular service.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss