What WP needs to succeed

a5cent

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
This is the place for comparisons between WP and Android/iOS, where people can mention the features they think WP must adopt from other OSes for WP to succeed.

Warning: if you don't like the content of this thread please skip it. This thread will be monitored. Unnecessary content will be removed.

If you can't post in a civil manner or if you insist on making posts that are in violation of the forum rules (arguing) don't bother to post in this thread. Infractions will be handed out when necessary.

Any civil debate about things WP should further improve upon is welcome.

sahib lopez

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Wait call me a little off but uhhhh wasn't there already a thread about this ? :eek:

And what think is that msft needs to improve what it already has like for example Skype on wp ;)

edit: yes there is one but about wp 8.0 but not wp 8.1. I got that question cleared up by a mod :)

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
In 8.1 you have that ven07 so no probs there.

What we need is more games like GTA vice city. San Andreas done well in sales so not sure why they wont release the others. One thing we really need the most....better adverts. In uk we have the ads for surface pro, 930 and 635 but one problem...the ads talk about the device and not show what it can do. Big fail for Microsoft. In the UK the iphone ads are great. Using the iPhones for every day tasks using apps. People look at that and go "wow..have to get that" but WP phones here are just a person holding up the phone talking about it..not showing a single thing what it can do. And Microsoft are still scratching their heads going "hmmm..why are we not selling as much"

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Wait call me a little off but uhhhh wasn't there already a thread about this ? :eek:

And what think is that msft needs to improve what it already has like for example Skype on wp ;)

There is? I missed that one lol at this point im just hoping Satya doesn't just decide that WP has no future and dumps it :'(

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
In 8.1 you have that ven07 so no probs there.

What we need is more games like GTA vice city. San Andreas done well in sales so not sure why they wont release the others. One thing we really need the most....better adverts. In uk we have the ads for surface pro, 930 and 635 but one problem...the ads talk about the device and not show what it can do. Big fail for Microsoft. In the UK the iphone ads are great. Using the iPhones for every day tasks using apps. People look at that and go "wow..have to get that" but WP phones here are just a person holding up the phone talking about it..not showing a single thing what it can do. And Microsoft are still scratching their heads going "hmmm..why are we not selling as much"

We have actionable notifications? So we can answer a message straight from the notification?? I must be missing sth :p btw i have been running 8.1 dp and cyan now

praveen9779

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
1.smart phone dailer,
2.there should b complete redesign of app list if the applist is big with no. of apps the if don't know the app name we installed we have to go search by scrolling n only 1 app in a row takes lot of time,
3.i use a lumia 1320 which is kind of big but the problem is keyboard & dailer should be made small n placed on right or left side which samsung does
4.background colours should b increased

Lumia720User

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
1.smart phone dailer,
2.there should b complete redesign of app list if the applist is big with no. of apps the if don't know the app name we installed we have to go search by scrolling n only 1 app in a row takes lot of time,
3.i use a lumia 1320 which is kind of big but the problem is keyboard & dailer should be made small n placed on right or left side which samsung does
4.background colours should b increased

yesss :)

iluvtilz

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Can't you just go to the ringtone settings and change the reminder tone to a different and longer tone? The "tonality app" has tons of great tones to download. Also, you can use Cortana to set numerous reminders in addition to the "reminder app" that works great.

Ehm one reminder should do the trick :p

UniZebra

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
Can't you just go to the ringtone settings and change the reminder tone to a different and longer tone? The "tonality app" has tons of great tones to download. Also, you can use Cortana to set numerous reminders in addition to the "reminder app" that works great.
It doesn't matter how long the tone is, it only plays 10 sec of it

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
If anyone in my office had a reminder tone longer than 10 seconds, their phone would very quickly be introduced to my friend, Mr Hammer.

Kasey Pierce

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
Comparing to my old Droid DNA, SMS delivery status would be nice. It makes it look like it sends the message instantly, then in areas with poor service...will turn around and show it did not send, there is no hour glass or anything that shows if it completed its send or not. I liked the option on my DNA as well that if it failed, it asked you if it could automatically retry when there is service available. Would be neat.

ak_r7

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
This is the place for comparisons between WP and Android/iOS, where people can mention the features they think WP must adopt from other OSes for WP to succeed.

Warning: if you don't like the content of this thread please skip it. This thread will be monitored. Unnecessary content will be removed.

If you can't post in a civil manner or if you insist on making posts that are in violation of the forum rules (arguing) don't bother to post in this thread. Infractions will be handed out when necessary.

Any civil debate about things WP should further improve upon is welcome.

MS should push for apps..some major apps don't work like facebook..it sucks big time..although integration of social apps with people is awesome. I love the wp OS, the camera and the big bad girl coming soon- Cortana ;)
I believe the wp OS has reached a stage where it can be called matured. Now we need apps with quality..
Hail WP :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05