What pisses me off is how many comparisons are made between WP8.1 and................, why is this being done?????? WP8.1 is a "newborn" compared to kit kat 4.1-4.4, jelly bean, gingerbread, ice cream sandwich and IOS 6-8. It just irks me to see how people compare WP 8.1 knowing that every feature introduced to WP 8 users has been with the other platforms for years!!!! So why COMPARE???? Compare next year July when it's no longer WP 8.1 but WP 8.2/8.3 or even 9. Show the comparison then when WP has improved its action centre, Cortana, lock screens, home screen backgrounds, app integration with the OS, more customizations with the home screen, make categories in the settings list for f...ks sake. When that is done then it'll be a fairer VS review. Stop comparing a fledgling OS to ones that has had TIME to update,upgrade,update and upgrade some more!!!!!! I love WP but let's be fair stop hurting the OS with these YT vid comparisons knowing that why ask Cortana a question only for her to answer with less information than google now and hence build a negative attitude towards WP. WTF would you even show me a comparison between the notification centers knowing that WP's own is lacking compared to android and IOS. If you have the same 5" screens on WP and android and android gives you 5 quick toggles and WP 4 that' s a step backward instead of forward but then again it's in the now and not in the before and this is their update to what was there because there was nothing there before. Just sick and tired of waiting for this damn WP 8.1 update which really only gives us features that others had for a long time and we're clamoring for these as if they're revolutionary. What I want is for MS To hurry the f..k up and release this **** to everyone, release the gdr1&2 ASAP. Start working on what IOS and android is offering and just do yours BETTER!!

Can't expect me to believe that a multi- billion dollar company couldn't t buy the latest at the time HTC,SONY,LG or SAMSUNG devices to see what they had on offer and then go to your R&D department and say I want all of this in one OS, but....... Just make it Better looking on a WP device!!!

MY 2 f......g cents worth of this **** that people who think they're tech reviewers are doing more harm than good, especially to those who watch these videos online and have no clue they're watching an OS that has now inducted features that has been around for more than 2 years in an OS on current and future WP devices.
    07-29-2014 08:08 PM
    Lol calm down mate.. This has always been the case and always will be :P The things those people do for attention..
    We know WP will only get better so that's all there is to it.. Of course we do need MS to pick up the pace a bit
    xandros9 likes this.
    07-29-2014 08:18 PM
    WP doesn't need all the 'bling' for it to work properly. It's more of a 'zen' experience than the other two platforms.
    Just be glad that WP IS being compared to Android and iOS. At least it's part of the conversation and that means it's on the right track!!!!
    07-29-2014 08:24 PM
    Who cares? My WP8.1 devise (Lumia 635) does everything I need it to do. For an average smartphone user like me, it works perfectly and has all the apps I really need.

I could care less if my WP 8.1 can't open or close apps if I hold my finger 1 inch from the phone screen, and I definitely don't care that it doesn't have the 20 or so other gimmicky things that Samsung loads their phone with that the average smartphone user will never really use. And I definitely could care less if my choice of OS doesn't attract an army of Isheep to line up 2 weeks ahead of the scheduled release of the next phone, which looks like the previous one and does just about the same things as the old one. If I wanted those gimmicky things, or the hype surrounding IOS, I would still be using IOS or Android.

WP 8.1 is a very beautifully designed OS, doesn't suffer from the lag or the virus problems of Android, and is budget friendly for an average smartphone user like me (unlike IOS), and it's only going to get better with the new updates they just announced, and so far I find that it does everything I really need my smartphone to do, and has just about every kind of app I need. That's all I really care about. I could really care less about gimmicks and hype over substance, which is why I'm a WP user these days.
    07-30-2014 11:03 AM
    Sorry, but it's perfectly fair to compare current versions of WP to current versions of its competitors. It doesn't matter that it is a "younger" OS or that it is getting new features rapidly. People that are shopping for a phone want to know how it compares today. It doesn't matter what WP will be able to do in a year or two. As long as the review covers the pros and cons of each device/OS fairly and accurately it is perfectly fair.

Having said that, I do see a ton of very biased reviews comparing MS products to competitors. However, they are bad because they ignore (intentionally in many cases) all of the strengths of the MS product while ignoring all the relative weaknesses of the competing products. In other cases they are just factually wrong. For example, a review I saw recently claimed that WP doesn't even have a Facebook app when we all know Facebook integration is probably better than any other platform.
    07-30-2014 11:25 AM
    What pisses me off is how many comparisons are made between WP8.1 and................, why is this being done?????? WP8.1 is a "newborn" compared to kit kat 4.1-4.4, jelly bean, gingerbread, ice cream sandwich and IOS 6-8. It just irks me to see how people compare WP 8.1 knowing that every feature introduced to WP 8 users has been with the other platforms for years!!!! So why COMPARE???? Compare next year July when it's no longer WP 8.1 but WP 8.2/8.3 or even 9. Show the comparison then when WP has improved its action centre, Cortana, lock screens, home screen backgrounds, app integration with the OS, more customizations with the home screen, make categories in the settings list for f...ks sake. When that is done then it'll be a fairer VS review. Stop comparing a fledgling OS to ones that has had TIME to update,upgrade,update and upgrade some more!!!!!! I love WP but let's be fair stop hurting the OS with these YT vid comparisons knowing that why ask Cortana a question only for her to answer with less information than google now and hence build a negative attitude towards WP. WTF would you even show me a comparison between the notification centers knowing that WP's own is lacking compared to android and IOS. If you have the same 5" screens on WP and android and android gives you 5 quick toggles and WP 4 that' s a step backward instead of forward but then again it's in the now and not in the before and this is their update to what was there because there was nothing there before. Just sick and tired of waiting for this damn WP 8.1 update which really only gives us features that others had for a long time and we're clamoring for these as if they're revolutionary. What I want is for MS To hurry the f..k up and release this **** to everyone, release the gdr1&2 ASAP. Start working on what IOS and android is offering and just do yours BETTER!!

Can't expect me to believe that a multi- billion dollar company couldn't t buy the latest at the time HTC,SONY,LG or SAMSUNG devices to see what they had on offer and then go to your R&D department and say I want all of this in one OS, but....... Just make it Better looking on a WP device!!!

MY 2 f......g cents worth of this **** that people who think they're tech reviewers are doing more harm than good, especially to those who watch these videos online and have no clue they're watching an OS that has now inducted features that has been around for more than 2 years in an OS on current and future WP devices.
    I agree with you in one aspect. Tech reviewers do a lot more harm than good. I can't begin to remember just how many times I've heard, "But unfortunately it's running Windows Phone." as a tagline on a review for a Lumia phone. I'd venture to say more often than not. That said, you're saying, "Why do they compare us to other modern cell phone OSes? Why don't they wait til 'X' version." and that is the most senseless argument I can imagine because let me tell you, as a long time Windows Phone user (From day one actually) I have witnessed this OS in all of it's iterations. When we had our original version it was, "Just wait for mango before you compare. Then 7.8. Then 8. Then Portico. Then 8.1. Stop me if I'm missing any because I know I am. You compare the Smartphone OSes as they're presented and, in my eyes, we have a more than fair comparison. Android does not come preloaded with much of any decent apps and Google Now is awful. I can't even ask Google Now to play a song and have it play said song. It has no personality on the few questions it does vocally answer and outside of that, it's just bad. Android in itself has a ton of shortcomings that I don't feel anyone else will admit to but they are there and they are horrid (See my thread just a few below yours.)
    07-30-2014 11:26 AM
    Well, as the first replier said, calm down! ;)

Second, people don't judge a platform on its own merit but rather in comparison to the other platforms available in order to know which one suits their needs the best.

If you buy, say, an electric car. What do people do? They want to know how much mileage they can do without charging, how long it is to charge, how fast they can go, etc. In comparison, the gas car is more efficient as you can drive real fast really quick, it takes 2 minutes to fill up with gas, you can do hundreds of kilometers of road before having to fill up the gas tank.

The electric car is a better car in itself. But does it fit everyone's needs for now? No.

Even if it did, people would still compare both. Some would prefer an electric car and some a gas car. So people are still going to compare them against one another. Same goes with the mobile platform or any other product. Nothing wrong there!
    ven07 likes this.
    07-30-2014 12:13 PM
    One should never UNDERESTIMATE the power of a WINDOWS PHONE. MS is trying their BEST to provide all possible features with latest updates/upgrades. OS is better than any other ecosystem since it has not left a single loophole for virus. Its the most personalized smartphone OS. It has better fluidity as compared to any other OS. If Cortana actually does it better than Siri, then it needs to be shown-off. If you are good at something, show it off bro! Everyone does it (Including Apple, Google). People do want to see which is the best out of those. Its all about making money and you got to prove why your product is better than any other iCrap or Fandroid :-P
    So, accept the way MS is doing its marketting and chill :-)
    ven07 likes this.
    07-30-2014 12:26 PM
    I could really care less
    So you could actually care less? Or do you mean that you couldn't care less.

WP 8.1 is a very beautifully designed OS, doesn't suffer from the lag
    You're right, Windows Phone is a very beautifully designed OS, but Android 4.4.4 on my Nexus 5 is smooth as silk. I agree that a lot of Android devices are laggy though. What I find to be a bigger problem between my L920 and my Nexus 5 is the constant "resuming" I get on my Windows Phone. I'm just being honest. Everything on my Nexus 5 is instant and fast, but sometimes I want to throw my Lumia against the wall. It really pisses me off.
    07-30-2014 12:27 PM
    comparing windows phone? it is a good news since it used to comparing android vs android..
    if windows phone has what android and iOS have, then those fanroid and iSheep gonna say microsoft is a copycat, let's all just wait, microsoft will blast off when it need to. (mostly after google releasing android L, after google introducig it i saw windows phone are growing and microsoft making update 1 to be published to Developer Preview as soon as possible.)
    08-01-2014 11:15 AM
    Wait, wait, wait.

Are you saying it's reviewers jobs to help Microsoft? Are you saying the average person cares how old an OS is in comparison to the competition?
    08-01-2014 11:45 AM
    WP doesn't need all the 'bling' for it to work properly. It's more of a 'zen' experience than the other two platforms.
    Just be glad that WP IS being compared to Android and iOS. At least it's part of the conversation and that means it's on the right track!!!!

Yup!
    ven07 likes this.
    08-02-2014 08:44 PM
    Comparisons are made to show the strength and weaknesses of each OS.Critics and tech reviewers feel that WP has more weaknesses than strengths when compared to Android and iOS.And its not that WP is newborn,its 4 years old since WP7 came out and in 4 years i expected more than what MS has given me so far.Just my personal opinion.
    08-04-2014 01:30 AM
    Comparisons are made to show the strength and weaknesses of each OS.Critics and tech reviewers feel that WP has more weaknesses than strengths when compared to Android and iOS.And its not that WP is newborn,its 4 years old since WP7 came out and in 4 years i expected more than what MS has given me so far.Just my personal opinion.
    More than that, since Windows Mobile 6... Which had more features than WP7. I think Microsoft is taken easy the development of WP8 and what is more important is the engagement of the developer community which is not strong enough.
    08-04-2014 01:37 AM