First of all this is not to point at anybody or anything...... Just my opinion.....i absolutely don't get the comparison between the OS's.... People should get the fact that different platform performs differently.. That's what makes them unique ......and one OS performes one thing better and other OS's perform other things better and vice versa........and people should choose platform which suits them better......and be content with it ......and not complain about some feature or app which one platform has and other hasn't.... Doing that in my opinion is just questioning the uniqueness of each platform ..... And I think Windows phone is playing catching up with Android and losing its uniqueness and becoming more and more androider....i mean windows phone 7.1 didn't have notification centre and now 8.1 has ... Catching up with Android .... Ok getting notification instantly is obvious and a must have feature but windows could have made that happen maintaining the uniqueness that it had ....not copying exactly from other platform.... But you know what?? we users of this platform are to blame ... Coz we notice something good in other platform and ignore the goodness that our platform has to offer and want that feature brought over so that we can play catch up..... What can MS do than to bring that feature over so that it's user base is happy even if it questions the uniqueness that it could offer.... That is exactly the reason feature exclusive to windows phone such as Facebook integration on message app, me hub, people hub , Zune... Etc are not functional or less functional....... Don't get me wrong but these feature combined with looks of Windows Os helped me get my phone and the word windows always had nice ring to my ear.
    I just meant to say don't be judgemental about OS you are using while praising other OS'S doing that you will only get dissatisfied..... Be content with what you have got and hope it will get better in its own way ... Than you will be happy about your phone and what it can do.

P.S. Forgive me for my poor English.
    07-30-2014 03:13 PM
    For a core OS, Windows Phone 8.1 puts it on par with Kit Kat and iOS 7 ( we will see about 8). They needed the things your mentioned to stay competitive.
    07-30-2014 03:17 PM
    Extras are good but essential/important features is a must.
    07-30-2014 03:21 PM
    As I've replied to someone with pretty much the same type of post as you:

People don't judge a platform on its own merit but rather in comparison to the other platforms available in order to know which one suits their needs the best.

If you buy, say, an electric car. What do people do? They want to know how much mileage they can do without charging, how long it is to charge, how fast they can go, etc. In comparison, the gas car is more efficient as you can drive real fast really quick, it takes 2 minutes to fill up with gas, you can do hundreds of kilometers of road before having to fill up the gas tank.

The electric car is a better car in itself. But does it fit everyone's needs for now? No.

Even if it did, people would still compare both. Some would prefer an electric car and some a gas car. So people are still going to compare them against one another. Same goes with the mobile platform or any other product. Nothing wrong there!
    07-30-2014 06:19 PM