Why Windows Phone is dead...no seriously (/s)

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Former windows phone is DOA activist tells us why the Windows Phone is dead crew should seriously consider putting several socks in it this year.

Windows Phone: Making progress and following in the footsteps of OS X | ITProPortal.com

"Microsoft should keep up the entry-level push, while courting aficionados with devices like Lumia Icon (pictured above), Lumia 930, or 1020. Windows Phone will get more respect, and Nokia will help bring it. Sure the apps go to Android and iOS first, like they did Windows a decade go. But people still bought Macs, and increasing numbers for a convergence of previously stated reasons. The only thing dead here is the zombie apocalypse of mindless smartphone users and pundits seeking to eat Windows Phone's brain"

Last edited:

LockOnTech

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Re: Why Windows Phone is dead...no seriously...this time for real or a case for why naysayers should

I read this article, but I saw others like this on this forum. Windows phone is still here. :)

Theo_andravida

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Why Windows Phone is dead...no seriously...this time for real or a case for why naysayers should

Ebuka, you must be a real *****!!!! #hatersgonnahate

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site

I read this article, but I saw others like this on this forum. Windows phone is still here. :)
You do realise that both I and the article are saying that WP isn't dead right?

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site

Who buys a phone based on market shares ? None that I know,however,the market share is used as a gauge to see how well something is doing correct? Then market share has a direct collation to wither people in general are buying them,and if they are making profit. If people stop buying them,just how long certain phones or the whole division do you think remain alive with how things are being done these days at Microsoft?

Now,if Microsoft does what most large corporations do after buying out a company,and if sales continue to fall,how long do you think Microsoft will produce phones on it's own without resorting to other vendors? If the other vendors phones don't turn around the sales and the market share continues to fall.....where is the cut off point ?

The bottom line is the only thing that matters to the company and it's share holders,not what anyone here thinks.

RavenSword

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site

I think the only thing that'll kill windows phone is MS if they want to. They can keep plugging away

jailman

May 14, 2013
Visit site

Windows phone dead ? Hhh dude u can't kill an OS with ur mouth people dont know wot the hell is marketshare if wp phones have enough hype around they ll do fine its that simple

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I think the biggest issue remains that Microsoft is answering a question nobody asked in 2010 - "do we need a 3rd smartphone platform"?

iOS - walled garden with beautiful phones, accessories, apps and content
Android - open-source OS approach with multiple app stores, dozens of handsets to choose from, huge flexibility

Windows Phone tries to a little of iOS and a little of Android and the market never asked for it. The only way Windows Phone was going to succeed if it revolutionized the hardware and software experience to the point that made people go WOW I've got to get that. Of course we know the actual history. MS has the deep pockets to keep WP going at 3-4% marketshare indefinitely but is there a point to that? I'm thinking that if there is no marketshare budge by early 2016, Nadella shuts it down.

SPIFF Costa

May 28, 2014
Visit site

I think the biggest issue remains that Microsoft is answering a question nobody asked in 2010 - "do we need a 3rd smartphone platform"?

iOS - walled garden with beautiful phones, accessories, apps and content
Android - open-source OS approach with multiple app stores, dozens of handsets to choose from, huge flexibility

Windows Phone tries to a little of iOS and a little of Android and the market never asked for it. The only way Windows Phone was going to succeed if it revolutionized the hardware and software experience to the point that made people go WOW I've got to get that. Of course we know the actual history. MS has the deep pockets to keep WP going at 3-4% marketshare indefinitely but is there a point to that? I'm thinking that if there is no marketshare budge by early 2016, Nadella shuts it down.

I think low and mid-end phone that runs really well and gets the latest updates with a well designed OS is what sets WP apart. iPhone is very limited to apple products and is expensive. Android have variety, but low and mid end phones don't get the latest updates and are very laggy and unsafe. WP gives people the low and mid end smoothness and safeness the other platforms don't have. But that's just my opinion

Wielbladek

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site

I really love the way customers turned into homegrown market analytics after the smartphone boom. Surely you know better than every one else that Windows Phone is dead. I'll tell you one thing. It isn't. It works, it is getting better and better each day, and it actually got lot of attention from community, and the actual users. You can say such things about really dead ( abandoned) systems like Bada OS. But WP is far from being dead. It's only not all bells and whistles in the way Steve Jobs made iPhone, there is no hype on it, so children won't get it on Christmas. And yet it is incredibly useful. That's all the story.

Pierre Blackwell

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I'll touch on a couple of points. First of course WP is not dead. Heck, BB isn't dead. Where would Apple or Android be without the mobile market? MS didn't need to jump into the Mobil market. They chose to. The market didn't need to ask for another smartphone player, we just like variety and that's what WP gave us with a name everyone could recognize and relate to. MSFT doesn't have to be in first place for WP to be a success, when most of the world uses some form of the OS anyway. They just need to bridge the gap between enclaves of the OS's..mobile and desktop which is what they're doing with universal apps. The intent is to get that person that owns a Win7 PC that just upgraded to 8, to realize they can experience a seem less app integration experience with a WP instead of getting the same app variant on another ecosystem.

RavenSword

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I really love the way customers turned into homegrown market analytics after the smartphone boom. Surely you know better than every one else that Windows Phone is dead. I'll tell you one thing. It isn't. It works, it is getting better and better each day, and it actually got lot of attention from community, and the actual users. You can say such things about really dead ( abandoned) systems like Bada OS. But WP is far from being dead. It's only not all bells and whistles in the way Steve Jobs made iPhone, there is no hype on it, so children won't get it on Christmas. And yet it is incredibly useful. That's all the story.

I would argue almost all analysts are full of it.only difference is they get paid for it.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site

Are you talking to me? You read the OP right and not just the first half of the title?

stevemind

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Competition good, and WP is getting better and better each day. People will wake up one day and realise ios is boring(only app collectors buy em) and android is yuk.

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Competition good, and WP is getting better and better each day. People will wake up one day and realise ios is boring(only app collectors buy em) and android is yuk.

To be fair iOS 8 is providing some nice new OS features like:

* interactive notifications
* redesigned Spotlight
* Family Sharing

​There's a lot more going on with iOS other than apps.

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I blame the staff selling phones in the shop. 99.9% they either have an android or an iphone and as they know about that they persuade customers to buy them. Plus in England there are loads of ads promoting products and saying "download it now on iphone or android" a lot of people are not actually aware of windows phone. And also Microsoft doesn't do good adverts in England. All they do is some tart holds the phone and talks about it...THATS IT !!! iphone actually shows you what the phone can do with apps and people go "wow" Microsoft really needs to show the world what the phone is actually capable of doing

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Articles like this will always come, you should stick to what works.

I soon will get me a 1520 alongside my Q10, replacing my android phablet.

Sent from pin:2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3