Why is there so much hate for WP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrea988

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
An 1830 mAh battery on a 4.5 inch screen. Hmmm, not overly generous but I rather suspect that the reviewer either got a duff battery, which are fairly common, or more likely he didn't charge it properly. We all know they need a few charges to work properly and they probably reviewed it straight out of the box.

Andrea988

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Never can tell with these reviews. I don't think we ever had the Titan here in the UK but I've seen the 930/Icon get less than favourable reviews all over the place (even on this forum) but I think it's fantastic. It could have done with a larger-than 2420 mill battery though, especially since it's non-removable. I don't really understand why Nokia are skimping on battery size when they are trying to get themselves a bigger share of the market.

toraji

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
It's not hate, it's more like I paid to much for my device so I have to like it better then yours, and everybody has one so it must be better right? I converted 6 people around me in the past year to Windows phone by actually taking the time to teach them and show them the perks of having a Windows phone and they all love their phones. It's just a matter of time, just look how fast the app store is growing. Love your phone and share that enthusiasm, that's what I do :D

timppa_k

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Think about why....... In Windows Phone, the default is the square tile, so the first view you'll have is about 6-8 tiles visible at a time whereas in iPhone you'll see 20 icons and in Android perhaps even more at a time in their "app drawers". ........

29 tiles in my Lumia 930:

vupazuhu.png

toraji

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
The hate is strong against us. Very Strong.

It's not hate, it's more like I paid to much for my device so I have to like it better then yours, and everybody has one so it must be better right? I converted 6 people around me in the past year to Windows phone by actually taking the time to teach them and show them the perks of having a Windows phone and they all love their phones. It's just a matter of time, just look how fast the app store is growing. Love your phone and share that enthusiasm, that's what I do :D

Andrea988

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Wow! Makes my eyes hurt. You can honestly tell me that you're able to glance at that and see which tiles have updated? I hope you don't check while driving?

Sent from my LG G-Pro via the WPCentral Android app

I was thinking the same thing. I don't even use the tiny tiles because to me it defeats the object of being able to prod one quickly and easily. I just have the main stuff on there that I use regularly.

I like the clock though, I'll have to have a look for that one.

toraji

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
rooms, cortana, wordflow keyboard, wifi sense, Saving apps to sd(all sd card supported windows phone can support 128gb), live tiles, pinning tile shortcuts, pinning contacts, best camera, lens feature, camera apps, inbuilt wireless charging, speed and smoothness, most secure OS(after blackberry due to VPN support. should be fixed in update 1) Offline Maps, Here maps, Local scout, mixradio, Xbox live games, achievements higher your xbox gamerscore, xbox live app, upgrade call to skype. share feature.I know more exclusive features in my products than microsoft lol.

You missed an important one, one terabyte extra for free if you have office 365 (only $99.00 py for 5 accounts) so actually 5 terabyte

smoledman

Banned
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

150K new apps in 1 year, but how many of those are major new apps that matter? How many are just web wrappers to bs websites or stupid copycat games or sports clubs?

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Well I said "most" but to prove it I would recommend watching Marques Brownlee's reviews of the Lumia 920, 1020 and 1520.

Or watch Pocketnow's review and After the Buzz about Lumia 1020 and 1520.

Or go read the Verge, techradar, phonearena, gsmarena, endadget and a dozen other places, mostly you will find balanced reviews of Windows Phone.

Infact some sites like Pocketnow have people saying that wished all camera sensors we're as good as the 1020 41 MP Beast. Plus Pocketnow's Micheal Fisher owns a Lumia 1020 and they also have a dedicated Windows Phone expert, Adam Z Lein.

I've also seen them go out of their way to complement Windows Phone, while watching a camera comparison of the Galaxy S5 vs HTC One M8 the host said something along these lines:

"Neither the M8 or S5 excel at lowlight, if you do a lot of lowlight photography you are better off with a high-end Lumia."

So other than just giving ignorant responses try to come up with proof to back up your statements, I've never seen reputable reviewers criticize Windows Phone where it's not justified.

Being the OP you should at least show a higher level of maturity, starting this thread you knew that people we're going to come up with theories and other people we're going to disagree and come up with their own responses.

Funny how you talk about other people being narrow minded about trying Windows Phone while you simply reply with a 'hahahah' when someone else comes up with a theory.

Let me tell you something when I tried to convince other people to switch to Windows Phone. They had the same reaction as you.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Oh sorry bro. I know that feel. Trying to convert people to WP. However check out the comments on all of those sites and then you'll understand why I made this thread.

hack14u

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
My 930,runs hot. Previously 820,was ok, but my 925 almost always had touch problema..hang..stuck..etc. I am not sure if i can stay any longer. This is bad. My bb z30 is a lot more usable.

This. My 1520 had nothing but problems. 920 battery wouldn't last a day, and was too big and heavy for such a small screen. I love WP, but until a decent 5-5.5 screen is made that actually works, well, I will be sailing my M8 or G3. Now, when they do come out with such a device I will be back.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
The longer it takes to get 8.1 out the more Android sells. 8 is good software but it is light years behind 8.1.

I doubt it would make much difference. If users don't see WP in stores, or are steered away from them, what difference does it make whether it's running WP8 or WP8.1?

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
Oh sorry bro. I know that feel. Trying to convert people to WP. However check out the comments on all of those sites and then you'll understand why I made this thread.
Dude the comments will always be like that, go read comments on an Android device and you'll see stuff like "LAGDROID" or "FRAGMENTATION" and a few years ago you would see "NO APPS!".

Comments written under iPhone reviews are also similar, in fact iPhone has a very negative reputation in social media and to prove it see this:

7anuzamu.jpg

5enyjema.jpg

jababa2y.jpg

Despite that negativity iPhone sales never go down.

It took a lot of years for people to realize that Android is a worthy competitor of iOS, and I'm pretty sure it will take a long time for people to realize that Windows Phone is a worthy competitor.

But you can't blame Microsoft or the reviewers completely, you should blame the lack of education regarding technology.

Andrea988

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
It took a lot of years for people to realize that Android is a worthy competitor of iOS, and I'm pretty sure it will take a long time for people to realize that Windows Phone is a worthy competitor.

But you can't blame Microsoft or the reviewers completely, you should blame the lack of education regarding technology.

To a point yes, but at the end of the day Android still suffers from being a splintered OS, where some apps will work on one phone but not another. This isn't entirely Google's fault, it's because of different builds by different manufacturers whereas iPhones are all built by one manufacturer.

I personally don't think an iPhone is worth the price you pay for it, compared with Android and WP for example the specs don't justify the prices and a lot of their sales come from people wanting to keep up with their workmates/neighbours/friends and so on. It's also worth bearing in mind it is partly because iPhones are available in more and more countries every year so that's going to increase sales as it becomes available to an ever wider audience.

As for WP their problem is they are behind everybody else. As my husband put it when looking over my 930, "It's like they are late to the party, arrived in a Bentley but forgot to change out of their work clothes. At times the OS seems as if it was rushed through and is unfinished. Talk is that they are catching up but with Google's recent advances and Android L on the horizon and the new iPhone due next month you do wonder if they will ever get close enough to carve out a decent market share".

They are improving but I still think there is a good way to go yet and the danger is that Android and iOS might just be moving quicker than Microsoft are and they could easily fall further behind. There has to be a reason why the major phone vendors still don't want to build Windows phones.

Last edited:

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
As for WP their problem is they are behind everybody else. As my husband put it when looking over my 930, "It's like they are late to the party, arrived in a Bentley but forgot to change out of their work clothes. At times the OS seems as if it was rushed through and is unfinished. Talk is that they are catching up but with Google's recent advances and Android L on the horizon and the new iPhone due next month you do wonder if they will ever get close enough to carve out a decent market share.

I agree with this paragraph, and I like your husband's remark! I'm not sure where the closing quote should be, where it switches from his comment to yours, but in my opinion it all applies. Q2 2014 sales backs it up. Android, in spite already being at near saturation in market share, somehow managed to go up.

Last edited:

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Do you guys think that this my be caused by the windows brand itself? (windows 8, blue screen of death, crashes, viruses, lag, windows vista)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven