The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
08-11-2014 12:24 PM
214 123 ...
tools
    Android held record-breaking 84.6% of the market in Q2 2014, Windows Phone drops down to 2.7%

It has dropped to 2.7 in global market share which is a bad thing however people are mocking wp in the forums. It happens in every single article. It's like they are scared or something. Just leave WP alone. It didn't do no harm to anyone. But in my opinion I actually think this is due to Microsoft creating it. There's a lot of hate towards microsoft despite the fact that they are most likely posting their comments on a windows computer, stupid right? Where do you guys think this hate comes from?
    08-02-2014 04:53 PM
    If the majority has buyer's regret, chances are that they'll blindly defend their purchase even further.
    And take out their frustrations on a minority with a perceived worse product.
    08-02-2014 04:59 PM
    I blame the staff selling phones in the shop. 99.9% they either have an android or an iphone and as they know about that they persuade customers to buy them. Plus in England there are loads of ads promoting products and saying "download it now on iphone or android" a lot of people are not actually aware of windows phone. And also Microsoft doesn't do good adverts in England. All they do is some tart holds the phone and talks about it...THATS IT !!! iphone actually shows you what the phone can do with apps and people go "wow" Microsoft really needs to show the world what the phone is actually capable of doing
    08-02-2014 06:03 PM
    I think it's just the case where people are happy in their current ecosystem, haven't even touched a windows phone and, from all the universal hate and negative stigma around bad press coverage on WP and Microsoft they'll just hate it because everyone else does - I showed one of my friends how to use his new WP that he "lamented" but after five minutes he said to me (coming from iOS) "I don't understand why people don't like this now - it's great, and it makes so much sense. It runs quicker than the iPhone 4 I had for 1/5th the price"
    WanderingTraveler and lcw731 like this.
    08-02-2014 06:11 PM
    I wouldn't call it hate. It's more so uneducated punters. I will be joining the 2.7% soon.

Sent from pin:2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro
    08-02-2014 06:16 PM
    My 930,runs hot. Previously 820,was ok, but my 925 almost always had touch problema..hang..stuck..etc. I am not sure if i can stay any longer. This is bad. My bb z30 is a lot more usable.
    08-02-2014 06:17 PM
    I wouldn't call it hate. It's more so uneducated punters. I will be joining the 2.7% soon.
    Just think; you yourself will have a significant effect on WP's market share!
    k72 likes this.
    08-02-2014 08:06 PM
    The 2.7 figure is just for Q2. I anticipate a turnaround for Q3 with the release of 8.1 and a few new models. Let's face it, there haven't been any significant model releases for a while.
    Guytronic, Laura Knotek and jomarr like this.
    08-02-2014 08:28 PM
    check out this poll guys Poll: Would you prefer an HTC One (M8) running Android, or Windows Phone 8.1?

Even though windows phone is winning the Android fans are still trolling WP in the comments but why?. Note that no Apple fan even bothers to post a comment.
    k0de, erMonas, jojoe42 and 3 others like this.
    08-03-2014 06:07 AM
    The hate is strong against us. Very Strong.
    08-03-2014 07:36 PM
    Even Android fanboys insult Apple users, I'm an adult working in a professional office and its so odd to hear grown UPS arguing that 'Android is perfect, Apple and Windows are crap...you can't use xbmc on your phones, they are useless!". Meh, I do not care and they can go around defending every movement on their phone of choice...i just laugh. Most android users I speak with don't even know why they like Android...they just say its not Apple (as in thats a positive) and windows is dead anyway.
    08-03-2014 07:41 PM
    PC windows monopoly made hatred.

Monopoly made restriction and extremely expensive price.
    Monopoly made another monopoly like adobe, autodesk, EA, etc.
    Asian OEM companies hated MS as the big brother.
    When open source android came to us, consumers and hw companies have no reason to use wp on mobile devices.
    Yeah google may be next big brother and people begin to hate it, but not now.
    At least google does not make hardware.

So I think MS must change something.
    It should give up wp source code and give to hw vendors. Samsung will use wp for its high technologies like foldable display.
    It should give up lumia brand and sell it to other companies. Stop self-oem.
    And next windows version for pc should be free. People will stop to hate MS.
    k0de, MarCou and WanderingTraveler like this.
    08-03-2014 08:13 PM
    To be honest, I really think its more indifference than hate. Most people I know don't seem to know or care that it's another option
    Last edited by TonyDedrick; 08-03-2014 at 09:59 PM.
    08-03-2014 08:16 PM
    Android's day may come, if the EU antitrust regulators have their say. I'd rather have more ecosystems; three seems plenty, two isn't enough.

edit: I don't want my phone to be able to everything a developer can think up, like Android can. On the other hand Apple's ecosystem is limiting (they may have the apps, but it's almost too simple to use) and very small print/icons. I don't think Apple has predictive text in their messaging app. [am I wrong?]

windows Phone 8.1, for me, is the best of both worlds. Also I adore two things about Nokia: their ruggedness and the best antenna engineers on the planet! Microsoft: do a Lenovo (ThinkPad) and keep the best about Nokia; just build on it.
    08-03-2014 08:19 PM
    check out this poll guys Poll: Would you prefer an HTC One (M8) running Android, or Windows Phone 8.1?

Even though windows phone is winning the Android fans are still trolling WP in the comments but why?. Note that no Apple fan even bothers to post a comment.
    I started a thread on this.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/showthread/300900.htm
    colinkiama likes this.
    08-03-2014 08:23 PM
    Only techies and dev hate MSFT. And they are the ones to blame for influencing the consumer. But Techies and dev are starting to work with MSFT.

I believe that this hate will soon disappear as MSFT rebuild their relationship with techies and dev.
    08-03-2014 08:29 PM
    Only techies and dev hate MSFT. And they are the ones to blame for influencing the consumer. But Techies and dev are starting to work with MSFT.

I believe that this hate will soon disappear as MSFT rebuild their relationship with techies and dev.
    I'm a tech guy, I don't hate MS. I find followers are the ones who hate MS, real tech people may not like MS but respect them.
    Laura Knotek, k0de, ali80 and 1 others like this.
    08-03-2014 10:12 PM
    It is because app support is lacking.I want to play PS1 and DS games on my WP but there aren't any apps to do it what am i supposed to do ? IOS and Android even have PSP and N64 emulators all which are absent in WP.
    08-04-2014 01:13 AM
    Actually in India where i Live, more and more people are jumping to Windows Phones... i attended a function yesterday and was amused to see more people using Lumia phones.. :)

So Hate is changing ON
    08-04-2014 02:16 AM
    Its because of the name "Microsoft".... then they pull, or tried to pull off that DRM on the XBox <-- their only winningiest(<-- is this a word?) consumer product.

etc
    08-04-2014 02:48 AM
    I won't lie though, the honestly adverts for the 630 and 930 suck, no wonder people don't like the phones. Why couldn't they just use the videos Nokia makes?
    k0de likes this.
    08-04-2014 04:16 AM
    And how long do you think it'll be before the bloggers stop hating on WP?
    k0de likes this.
    08-04-2014 04:17 AM
    I'm a tech guy, I don't hate MS. I find followers are the ones who hate MS, real tech people may not like MS but respect them.
    I guess not all but many. 😊
    08-04-2014 05:44 AM
    Android held record-breaking 84.6% of the market in Q2 2014, Windows Phone drops down to 2.7%

It has dropped to 2.7 in global market share which is a bad thing however people are mocking wp in the forums. It happens in every single article. It's like they are scared or something. Just leave WP alone. It didn't do no harm to anyone. But in my opinion I actually think this is due to Microsoft creating it. There's a lot of hate towards microsoft despite the fact that they are most likely posting their comments on a windows computer, stupid right? Where do you guys think this hate comes from?
    The hate generated for Windows Phone is not because people dislike Microsoft as a company, most of us use Microsoft Office and Microsoft Windows, don't we?

The reason is that Windows Phones only appeal to those on a budget looking for a decent device but barely anyone is willing to pay for the high-end Lumia devices because Windows Phone has not reached the same level of polish that Android and iOS have.

Oh and the lacks of apps, and lack of quality apps and lack of frequent app updates and apps with less functionality than Android/iOS counterparts is also why people do not like Windows Phone.

Apps is one of the more prominent reasons.
    I blame the staff selling phones in the shop. 99.9% they either have an android or an iphone and as they know about that they persuade customers to buy them. Plus in England there are loads of ads promoting products and saying "download it now on iphone or android" a lot of people are not actually aware of windows phone. And also Microsoft doesn't do good adverts in England. All they do is some tart holds the phone and talks about it...THATS IT !!! iphone actually shows you what the phone can do with apps and people go "wow" Microsoft really needs to show the world what the phone is actually capable of doing
    You can't blame the staff for that. For example there is a Sony Center here in Pakistan(where I live), I purchased a laptop last year, Sony makes a variety of products as you probably already know.

There was a computer at the reception where customers would provide feedback about the quality of the shop and helpfulness of the employees, and guess what? The computer was made by Dell because it was cheap!

Similarly the employees in the shop should all have been running around with Xperia Z, right? No. They can't often afford the best devices as working in retail doesn't pay all that well and many of then had flip phones and stuff.

The people in Microsoft stores probably own a cheap or mid-range Android/iOS device and they are trying to convince wealthier people to buy a high end Windows Phone but read my explanation up there as to why people are still not willing to purchase Windows Phone.

As far as features go, sadly Windows Phone doesn't have a whole lot of features you can brag about. Many of Microsoft's own services have better versions on Android and iOS compared to Windows Phone.

For example Outlook.com and Skype have much more functionality on Android despite being Microsoft's own services, Outlook.com also looks a hell lot more beautiful on Android.

Then there is Microsoft Word, which also looks better and has more functionality on Android/iOS.

OneDrive only recently caught up with the Android and iOS counterparts.

So you could blame Microsoft for not taking an interest in their own platform.

Cortana is a pretty nice feature of Windows Phone but Microsoft is considering porting it to Android/iOS and if that happens, there is no logical reason to get Windows Phone at all.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    k0de, Arka1412 and Alexis-1991 like this.
    08-04-2014 05:52 AM
    The hate generated for Windows Phone is not because people dislike Microsoft as a company, most of us use Microsoft Office and Microsoft Windows, don't we?

The reason is that Windows Phones only appeal to those on a budget looking for a decent device but barely anyone is willing to pay for the high-end Lumia devices because Windows Phone has not reached the same level of polish that Android and iOS have.

Oh and the lacks of apps, and lack of quality apps and lack of frequent app updates and apps with less functionality than Android/iOS counterparts is also why people do not like Windows Phone.

Apps is one of the more prominent reasons.

You can't blame the staff for that. For example there is a Sony Center here in Pakistan(where I live), I purchased a laptop last year, Sony makes a variety of products as you probably already know.

There was a computer at the reception where customers would provide feedback about the quality of the shop and helpfulness of the employees, and guess what? The computer was made by Dell because it was cheap!

Similarly the employees in the shop should all have been running around with Xperia Z, right? No. They can't often afford the best devices as working in retail doesn't pay all that well and many of then had flip phones and stuff.

The people in Microsoft stores probably own a cheap or mid-range Android/iOS device and they are trying to convince wealthier people to buy a high end Windows Phone but read my explanation up there as to why people are still not willing to purchase Windows Phone.

As far as features go, sadly Windows Phone doesn't have a whole lot of features you can brag about. Many of Microsoft's own services have better versions on Android and iOS compared to Windows Phone.

For example Outlook.com and Skype have much more functionality on Android despite being Microsoft's own services, Outlook.com also looks a hell lot more beautiful on Android.

Then there is Microsoft Word, which also looks better and has more functionality on Android/iOS.

OneDrive only recently caught up with the Android and iOS counterparts.

So you could blame Microsoft for not taking an interest in their own platform.

Cortana is a pretty nice feature of Windows Phone but Microsoft is considering porting it to Android/iOS and if that happens, there is no logical reason to get Windows Phone at all.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    rooms, cortana, wordflow keyboard, wifi sense, Saving apps to sd(all sd card supported windows phone can support 128gb), live tiles, pinning tile shortcuts, pinning contacts, best camera, lens feature, camera apps, inbuilt wireless charging, speed and smoothness, most secure OS(after blackberry due to VPN support. should be fixed in update 1) Offline Maps, Here maps, Local scout, mixradio, Xbox live games, achievements higher your xbox gamerscore, xbox live app, upgrade call to skype. share feature.I know more exclusive features in my products than microsoft lol.
    Alexis-1991 and toraji like this.
    08-04-2014 06:12 AM
214 123 ...