They should give us the ability to change the regional formats manually
    wp_ss_20140805_0001.jpg
    Last edited by UniZebra; 08-05-2014 at 08:20 AM.
    08-04-2014 05:57 PM
    You can, just tap on it and a list should pop up. Problem solved lol
    hotphil and UniZebra like this.
    08-04-2014 06:06 PM
    You can, just tap on it and a list should pop up. Problem solved lol
    What are you talking about tap on what? Nothing happens if you tap on it
    08-05-2014 12:08 AM
    Tapping on any of the boxes surrounded with a white line should bring up the menu for that box.
    Or maybe setting EN-US as Swiss Australian has confused it :D
    UniZebra likes this.
    08-05-2014 12:32 AM
    Tapping on any of the boxes surrounded with a white line should bring up the menu for that box.
    Or maybe setting EN-US as Swiss Australian has confused it :D
    I see why you two are confused, it's probably because I didn't explain well... You see I live in Switzerland but I don't speak German that well so I'd rather have my phone set on English (US) but the problem with english (US) is that by default it uses imperial system which I don't understand. So I had to set the regional format on Australia now you might ask why I don't set it on Switzerland, well the problem with that is that it shows the days in German format regardless of what's your phone language is... Only if we could manipulate the formats manually it would have been less complex
    08-05-2014 02:02 AM
    I see why you two are confused, it's probably because I didn't explain well... You see I live in Switzerland but I don't speak German that well so I'd rather have my phone set on English (US) but the problem with english (US) is that by default it uses imperial system which I don't understand. So I had to set the regional format on Australia now you might ask why I don't set it on Switzerland, well the problem with that is that it shows the days in German format regardless of what's your phone language is... Only if we could manipulate the formats manually it would have been less complex
    Set the format to Ireland. Or maybe republic of ireland.
    UniZebra likes this.
    08-05-2014 05:35 AM
    I strongly agree that Microsoft should let users override the regional settings. This is not just to allow users to use the formats they like but also to allow users to correct the mistakes that Microsoft makes in the regional settings. For example, Microsoft has never got the Philippine regional settings right. I reported this to Microsoft several times. In Windows, setting the region to Philippines would set the measurement system to imperial even though the Philippines follows the metric system. At least in Windows, that could be corrected via a control panel dialog box. In Windows Mobile, that could be corrected via a registry setting. But in Windows Phone, we're stuck with the mistake.

Similarly, in Microsoft Office, setting the language to "English (Philippines)" would cause the spelling checker to use the British dictionary even though the English used in the Philippines is US English. The workaround is to just set the language to "English (US)".

When I did the online Windows 8 upgrade, I was shocked to find out that my old US English Windows version was upgraded to a British English Windows 8. Fortunately, Windows 8 allows users to change the language. But if I reset the Windows installation, it would revert to British English. Then I would have to change the language to US English again.
    UniZebra likes this.
    08-05-2014 06:09 AM
    Set the format to Ireland. Or maybe republic of ireland.
    Tomato Tomato
    08-05-2014 08:18 AM
    Tomato Tomato
    Was your problem fixed?
    08-05-2014 08:48 AM
    Was your problem fixed?
    not really
    08-05-2014 06:24 PM
    Same issue here:

Example 1

Language -> English (UK)
    Region -> Country -> Germany
    Region -> Regional format -> German (Germany)

Weekdays in the home screen, weather app,...all in German!!! Even though English (UK) is my selected language.

Example 2

Language -> English (UK)
    Region -> Country -> Germany
    Region -> Regional format -> match phone language

Currency set to pounds!!! I live in Germany and we have euros here....
    UniZebra likes this.
    10-02-2014 03:29 AM