Why Microsoft will never pull another windows phone 7.8 disaster.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
No way I think only lumia 1520 or current flagship will get the cut in.look what samsung ditched the kitkat update for Samsung galaxy s3.same will be the case with wp.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
No way I think only lumia 1520 or current flagship will get the cut in.look what samsung ditched the kitkat update for Samsung galaxy s3.same will be the case with wp.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app
I've heard that the Samsung Galaxy S3 did get Kitkat.

If You Want My Continued Support On This Forum, Please Leave a Thumbs Up!

Andrea988

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Andrea988 said:
I would assume he means he's ditching the OS, selling the phone and moving on to something else.
i wouldn't assume that.

and that still doesn't answer the question, regardless.

later

Why not? That's what most people would likely have intended the statement to mean. You said it yourself, why would you ditch a perfectly good phone?

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I've heard that the Samsung Galaxy S3 did get Kitkat.

If You Want My Continued Support On This Forum, Please Leave a Thumbs Up!
WP has terrible update schedules. Why aren't all the CVs getting the update first. They are unlocked! That's what confuses me. It did take a while for all the samsung phones to get the updates. A period of 3-4 months. The 620 Didn't get black until May when it was rolling out around December/January. Maybe they will release new windows phones for threshold but the old phones will take a while to get their updates.

salmanahmad

Banned
May 12, 2014
Visit site
WP has terrible update schedules. Why aren't all the CVs getting the update first. They are unlocked! That's what confuses me. It did take a while for all the samsung phones to get the updates. A period of 3-4 months. The 620 Didn't get black until May when it was rolling out around December/January. Maybe they will release new windows phones for threshold but the old phones will take a while to get their updates.

I seriously don't mind the Windows Phone update schedule, as long as I get the update in the end. But I don't understand why it takes so long.I mean Android OEMs like HTC or Samsung take a long time because they have skins on top of Android and it takes time to port them to the next version.But all Windows Phones essentially run the same version with little or no changes, so updates should come faster.But in the end I really don't care, as long as I get the updates, which I get on Windows Phone for around more than 2 years. :)

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I seriously don't mind the Windows Phone update schedule, as long as I get the update in the end. But I don't understand why it takes so long.I mean Android OEMs like HTC or Samsung take a long time because they have skins on top of Android and it takes time to port them to the next version.But all Windows Phones essentially run the same version with little or no changes, so updates should come faster.But in the end I really don't care, as long as I get the updates, which I get on Windows Phone for around more than 2 years. :)

The End.

Andrea988

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site

I agree totally. I don't know what this obsession is with wanting to change everything around every five minutes. Mostly these updates are just a few tweaks of the UI and a bit of increased functionality here and there, nothing ground breaking or life changing. It would be nice to have Cortana without having to install the developer thing but it's not going to spoil my enjoyment of the phone if I don't get it for a while.

rahul4aug

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
More than new features what is important is API models changes due to which new apps work only on new updates..see what happened to apps for wp7.8..no body cares

negative1ne

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
More than new features what is important is API models changes due to which new apps work only on new updates..see what happened to apps for wp7.8..no body cares

There have already been changes from WP8 to WP8.1,

what makes you think there won't be changes made for WP9.

there will be, and lots of them. but people using WP8 and WP8.1 won't just give up on it,
even if developers do, because of the number of people still using them

later

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Windows Mobile 6.5 was the last version of the OS, windows 7.8 well many phones never got the 7.8 officially (cough AT&T Titan 2) still on 7.5

I would expect the same for windows phone 8. Track record shows this and it hope they prove me wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Windows Mobile 6.5 was the last version of the OS, windows 7.8 well many phones never got the 7.8 officially (cough AT&T Titan 2) still on 7.5

I would expect the same for windows phone 8. Track record shows this and it hope they prove me wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They will probe you wrong.

WP7 lower ram was 256MB
WP8 lower ram is 512MB

NT Kernel requires more ram and dual core and WP7 devices can't handle WP8.

Last edited:

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
They will probe you wrong.

WP7 lower ram was 256MB
WP8 lower ram is 512MB

NT Kernel requires more ram and dual core and WP7 devices can't handle WP8.

Nailed it. I guarantee that wp8 devices will be updatable to wp9. As there is no change in the kernel. Everything from the PC to the phone to tablets to consoles share exactly the same kernel. Yes, things have happened in the past but you have to think about the future.

pjs37

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
I think not only is MS going to try and roll out WP9 to all WP 8.1 supported devices; but I think they will make a large deal about this fact.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12