US Exclusivity

Xarok

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
Don't mean to cause conflict but is anyone else getting a little annoyed about the seemingly constant US exclusivity Microsoft and Windows Phone has?
I was looking forward to the green lumia 1520 in the UK but its US exclusive and no indication of it going elsewhere. The regular sim free 1520s are hard to find now, no longer available at Carphone Warehouse or Expansys.

The icon / 930 was US exclusive for over 6months.

The leaks for the 730 and 830 have been centred around US carriers if I have read correctly, strongly suggestive of US exclusivity for a time.

Cortana Beta US exclusive for a time.

I don't believe android and ios devices have the same trend of US release first then international later? Do they?

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this trend :) Have a nice day everyone.

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you that the exclusivity strategy limits WP sales growth for both countries. On the U.S., a buyer needs to be willing to jump from carrier to carrier in order to get to buy a WP that is still restricted to one carriers radio frequencies only!

Don't know why Nokia/Microsoft is not selling their WP models at the same time around the world. Holding back models is plain stupid since it is electronics and has a short cycle before the next model comes to market or a competitor's next model challenges ones models.

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
It doesn't help also that the carriers don't market the phones also. It really angers me to hear about carrier exclusive phones. I really like the Icon but have no interest going to Verizon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb