What do you think is the best and the most beautiful Windows Phone?

Alses

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 720 is so pretty.
Lumia 520 feels jolly.
The best? There are like at least 60+ different WPs and I've only owned 6. But I love my current phone the Lumia 1020.

snowwake8

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Obviously I am a minority here but I thought the HTC 8x had the best design. I currently own a 928 and don't like the look or bulkyness. I'm excited to get a replacement as my contract is up next month but I have nothing I will use my upgrade on right now. On Verizon. Hoping and excited for the release of new phones.

jedpatrickdatu

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
Best: 1520. Powerful CPU, excellent battery life, beautiful screen, and capable camera.

Most Beautiful: 920. It has that pure, striking Lumia design, and I can still remember salivating on the leaked pictures before it was officially announced. While the 925 and 930 look neat, it doesn't have the "purity" that the 920 has. The grey metal sides feel dull and industrial.

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
The 920 is my favourite design. It is such a beautiful looking device. I love the glossy finish of the 920, which has been painfully missing from the newer devices (other than the gloss red 1520). Just like an automotive finish, gloss > matte.

I dream of a thinner 920 with 5.2" AMOLED screen, next generation camera tech, and gloss white finish. To me, that device would be perfection.

AndyM72

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Surprised so many people like the 925

Me too. Even though from a usability point of view it is probably the best Lumia, it's not at all beautiful. The plastic separators between the pieces of metal frame looked too chunky, made the design fussy.

The flipside being that the Fabula design language phones look wonderful and definitely win the most beautiful award, but are not comfortable in the hand (except the diddy 800) or the pocket. The flat surfaces at the top and bottom mean they have corners that I think would dig into you when it's in your pocket.

The most beautiful would have been a Fabula phone the size and shape of the 1020, but without the camera housing. To me, the polycarbonate part of the 1020 is the perfection of the Fabula design (but then, it's also the last Fabula design, so that figures. The 1520 is more like the 925 in shape).

Last edited:

uzeroni

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
The 920 takes the cake for me. It's what seems to be Nokia design language at it's finest. The little things such as the penta-holed microphones up top, machined speaker grilles (which actually house two SEPARATE speakers, mind you), the ceramic buttons and camera plate, and probably my most favorite touch are the reflective capacitive buttons with that perfect white backlighting and Nokia logo. Not only are they useful in sunlight, this thing boldly shows that "Hey, I'm a Windows Phone, and I'm different!"

The 1520 is next for me. It's a beautiful white monolith. The capacitive buttons sadly blend in the bezel and have a yellowish white glow to it. The hardware keys though (on my white) are glossy white, which is a nice touch since a lot of people thought they were glass buttons (are they?)
The back, on the other hand, I have mixed feelings. From an aesthetic view, it's beautiful, but they could've done something better with the camera lens. I'm scared whenever I place it down on a table flat that the glass will scratch.

uzeroni

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm not finished though, I've had the Lumia 820 too. For a device with a removable back, it seems pretty solid and actually looks unibody from afar. Aside from that, the camera plate, which I assume is "ceramic" got scratched up faster than my 920, (which has no scratches ever since December 2013!) it's a pretty average looking phone.

The Lumia 1020 was a slimmer, and slightly prettier 920, minus the reflective buttons and the keys are now aluminum (best hardware keys I've held, I have to admit), and the "Oreo" at the back does give it personality (considering it was white). And the lanyard earlet is one thing I miss from the Nokia of yore. I'm edging on a 1030 or 1040 (if my 1520 can keep me going for 3 more years).

The Lumia 930? Tis a beautiful new-age Lumia, but it doesn't have that "Nokia" flare for me. The edges are somewhat uncomfortable for me and the back, if clean for y'all, seemed cluttered for me.

The Lumia 720 was pretty gorgeous to me. I used a black one, so I'm unsure of the "pop" with the brighter colors. The speaker grill irked me though, it was a tiny circle at the bottom right(?) and the bezels were kinda thick for a phone that thin.

The Lumia 1320 was like an enlarged 720. Not much to say. Really comfortable to hold, though.

The Lumia 520 was very utilitarian for me. Straight up, this phone looked like it was gonna last you for quite a while.

The HTC 8S has a special spot in my heart for being my first Windows Phone. I loved the "dual-dip" design and the notification LED up top. (why are these very rare?) It was not without fault, though. The edges discolored quickly and they were very fragile. A tiny drop lodged the power button in for a good 5 days. The removable slot at the back didn't lock as tightly as before, and with that being the antenna meant bigger problems. The microSD kept on ejecting itself too, and the camera was really sub par. Brilliant phone at the time, though.

Great deal

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
920, its substantial, has wireless charging, super strong. Its the defining phone IMO, i will keep it alongside 1020 forever. 1520 is not a mobile phone imo its a hybrid, 925 lacks wireless charging like the 1020, 930 is too little too late. I think the first Microsoft branded phone released with Windows 9 will also be a keeper as they will go all out to make sure its crammed full of design, function, innovation, build quality. They cant afford to have anything less.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb