T-Mobile's pricing on the Lumia 635 is baffling and insulting

osallent

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I recently purchased the Lumia 635 from T-Mobile in one of their stores and paid almost $170 for the phone. Not that I mind, because fortunately that's not a lot of money for me these days. However, I was slightly ticked off to discover a T-Mobile stand at my local Walmart selling the Lumia 635 for $129 (with no contract.) Talk about a way to tick off your loyal customers who bought the phone at a T-Mobile store. It's bad enough that employees at the T-Mobile store are anti-WP and will do anything to talk you out of buying one (at least that's been my experience so far with them) but to also charge you $40 extra for that experience, and then turn around and sell the same phone cheaper at another place, well, that takes the cake. :eck:

Not only that, but the phones were also better displayed and advertised in a very appealing way at the Walmart T-Mobile stand, while the T-Mobile stores around my area burry the phone in a corner of the store, display it in the most unappealing way, and don't forget the army of anti-WP employees that stand in your way from the WP display area to the register, ready to block the way to the register and push on you a crappy, overhyped, and awful LG Optimus Android phone, or a Samsung or IPhone.

On a positive note, I also saw a very attractive display for the Lumia 520 at Walmart, and they were selling for around $50. I was almost tempted to buy a second Lumia 520, but what would I do with it? I don't need 3 smart phones. Maybe give it to my 4 year old? :straight:

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Not sure why carrier stores do that kind of thing.
The higher costs in the phone stores doesn't make any sense.

At least T-Mobile here is helpful with walk-in customer account servicing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NunezGuad