09-21-2014 05:53 AM
88 1234
tools
    and NO im not giving you guys my source. and NO its not from just some guy in a store.
    08-19-2014 07:06 PM
    hmmm you may even see the HTC M8 Windows Phone arrive in Canada before the end of the year, so lets make it 3 phones now.
    I doubt it we will get HTC w8, fingers crossed to an international unlocked release.
    08-19-2014 07:14 PM
    and NO im not giving you guys my source. and NO its not from just some guy in a store.
    I don't think anyone cares any more, since you didn't really reveal anything extraordinary.
    SwimSwim likes this.
    08-20-2014 08:55 AM
    Today I'm going to calagary..I will make sure to go to see that store....
    08-20-2014 09:31 AM
    First post:

just finished a visit to the new Microsoft Store in Calgary, Canada. I had a pretty in depth convo with some folk there and just to let you know, 2 new phones are coming to Canada very soon.
    This post:
    Same thing.
    Funny how shop employees at what you just admitted is a new store have transformed into your "sources".

MS store employees aren't sources, they're shopkeepers. You're far too impressionable.
    SwimSwim likes this.
    08-20-2014 04:10 PM
    First post:

I didn't say it was a shop employee. and no im not impressionable, I know a lot more than you think I know, and yes a lot of my stuff involves NDA's, this particular thing does not but im not gonna go into detail about it other than that new phones are coming. If you are not fine with that then I suggest you move along and don't post.

This post:

Same thing.
    Funny how shop employees at what you just admitted is a new store have transformed into your "sources".

MS store employees aren't sources, they're shopkeepers. You're far too impressionable.
    08-20-2014 07:34 PM
    I didn't say it was a shop employee. and no im not impressionable, I know a lot more than you think I know, and yes a lot of my stuff involves NDA's, this particular thing does not but im not gonna go into detail about it other than that new phones are coming. If you are not fine with that then I suggest you move along and don't post.
    08-20-2014 07:37 PM
    Fantastic. You could've saved 6 pages of people misinterpreting your post by at least saying that in the beginning instead of trying to be all cool and cryptic, Mr. Bond.
    RJ Priest likes this.
    08-20-2014 07:54 PM
    it was not a sales person that I spoke too. They knew what they were talking about. expect the phones shortly after the completed cycle of the 1020.
    The dude said this at the very start making it clear it wasn't a sales person
    Iain_S likes this.
    08-20-2014 07:59 PM
    That is another point I am trying to make. Paying on an installment basis will cost you more at the end. You know you will have to pay for it anyway, just pay it forward and avoid the interest. Contracts have so many fine prints and more often than not, people don't bother going through those fine print and just very excited to bring home the thing that is in the contract. :)
    Even my credit cards, I pay everything at the end of each cycle and I don't pay for the minimum amount due. Those credit card companies just try to fool you to pay a minimum fee so that they can make money on the interest out of the entire balance due. But this is going away from the topic. Sorry.
    Not everyone can afford to pay so much for a phone upfront, however. Just like you lease a car or sign a mortgage for a home: It's easier to absorb a bunch of smaller payments than one big payment upfront. If you can afford to buy unlocked, I really encourage it, but many people can't afford to do that.

Also, if you're stuck on a carrier like AT&T or Verizon (for the US, at least): then buying an unlocked phone and being off-contract won't lower your rates at all, so in many cases, you might as well buy in on contract, because you won't save anything in the long run by buying unlocked.
    08-20-2014 08:24 PM
    Canada is such a nightmare when it comes to Windows Phone. No 925, no 1520, no 930. The MS store finally adds the 1020 unlocked (only in black) now that it's a year old. The MS store should offer all Nokia models unlocked if we aren't going to get flagship models available on Bell, Telus, and Rogers. Carrier exclusivity limits potential sales. I hate it.

I've been so tempted by the 1520 since it was announced, but I want to see and hold one in person first (which isn't possible in Canada). Stuck in limbo waiting to upgrade from ATIV S (an excellent device by the way).
    chezm, SwimSwim and Brandon McLean like this.
    08-20-2014 08:46 PM
    Bell mobility will probably get the HTC M8 seeing the were didn't care any Lumias in favor of supporting the 8X
    08-20-2014 08:47 PM
    Canada is such a nightmare when it comes to Windows Phone. No 925, no 1520, no 930. The MS store finally adds the 1020 unlocked (only in black) now that it's a year old. The MS store should offer all Nokia models unlocked if we aren't going to get flagship models available on Bell, Telus, and Rogers. Carrier exclusivity limits potential sales. I hate it.

I've been so tempted by the 1520 since it was announced, but I want to see and hold one in person first (which isn't possible in Canada). Stuck in limbo waiting to upgrade from ATIV S (an excellent device by the way).
    I am in Toronto. I got an unlocked 1520 RM-937 HK country variant from amazon.ca
    The Cyan update was release 3 weeks ago. Now fully updated to the official 8.1
    The phone is really great. It feels awkward at first because it's big, now it feels just like a regular phone. Go for it!
    switch side method likes this.
    08-20-2014 11:07 PM
    I am in Toronto. I got an unlocked 1520 RM-937 HK country variant from amazon.ca
    The Cyan update was release 3 weeks ago. Now fully updated to the official 8.1
    The phone is really great. It feels awkward at first because it's big, now it feels just like a regular phone. Go for it!
    Couldnt agree more. Best phone I ever had. Hope you got a case for it. If not I can send an awesome eBay link where I got mine from for 2 and it acts as a kick stand and a wallet and card holder and has a magnet lock
    08-21-2014 03:41 AM
    I do have 2 silicon cases (black and yellow) and I am fine with that. Thanks!
    Sent from my
    Nokia Lumia 1520
    using Tapatalk
    08-21-2014 10:50 AM
    Fantastic. You could've saved 6 pages of people misinterpreting your post by at least saying that in the beginning instead of trying to be all cool and cryptic, Mr. Bond.
    you could of read the first page and you would of had your answer. Im not trying to be cool or cryptic. I just passed on information to people that live in Canada that not all hope is lost for WP. maybe in the future I wont say ****.
    08-21-2014 06:22 PM
    you could of read the first page and you would of had your answer. Im not trying to be cool or cryptic. I just passed on information to people that live in Canada that not all hope is lost for WP. maybe in the future I wont say ****.
    That would be awesome. The last sentence I mean
    08-21-2014 06:26 PM
    Honestly the only people to blame for the lack of WP besides the carriers is Microsoft. As said before by RJ Priest, the Microsoft store can easily sell all unlocked Lumia Phones (if they work on the carrier network of course) in their stores but decided to limit it too two models.
    RJ Priest likes this.
    08-21-2014 07:01 PM
    What I don't under stand is that in England we have a shop called little woods and you can buy any Lumia unlocked. Not sure why America is being held back on that
    RJ Priest likes this.
    08-21-2014 07:29 PM
    Hehe little woods.. nah I kid :P

I am interested in knowing as well, I'm guessing they either made a connection with Microsoft or a supplier? Is Little Woods popular in England or is it like a independent store thing?
    switch side method likes this.
    08-21-2014 08:18 PM
    It's a shop that is also online. I got my Lumia on a buy now pay 12 months later 0% APR. they may ship abroad so well worth checking it out
    08-22-2014 07:57 AM
    Okay. So what's with the secrecy? It would have been an interesting discussion if you shared something that we can talk about other than having these people slam you for saying nothing. Your title talks about "new phones", there's always something new everyday.
    Last edited by badr0b0t; 08-22-2014 at 11:26 AM.
    SwimSwim likes this.
    08-22-2014 11:09 AM
    Huh interesting to know that, I wonder how they got those Lumias though....
    08-22-2014 01:15 PM
    Huh interesting to know that, I wonder how they got those Lumias though....
    Or go the amazon.ca way.
    08-22-2014 01:26 PM
    Or go the amazon.ca way.
    As a consumer sure. I suppose I should of been clear on my answer. I'm looking at it from a potential business owner perspective. I want to open shop in Ottawa/Gatineau but lack the funds right now to do it. Basically I'm wondering how they got the Lumia supply. Was it directly from Microsoft or from a wholesale/supplier?

I want to sell WP to Canadians because I believe they will love it's simplicity but yet customizable design.
    SwimSwim likes this.
    08-22-2014 01:31 PM
88 1234