New Phones coming to Canada

RJ Priest

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Canada is such a nightmare when it comes to Windows Phone. No 925, no 1520, no 930. The MS store finally adds the 1020 unlocked (only in black) now that it's a year old. The MS store should offer all Nokia models unlocked if we aren't going to get flagship models available on Bell, Telus, and Rogers. Carrier exclusivity limits potential sales. I hate it.

I've been so tempted by the 1520 since it was announced, but I want to see and hold one in person first (which isn't possible in Canada). Stuck in limbo waiting to upgrade from ATIV S (an excellent device by the way).

badr0b0t

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Canada is such a nightmare when it comes to Windows Phone. No 925, no 1520, no 930. The MS store finally adds the 1020 unlocked (only in black) now that it's a year old. The MS store should offer all Nokia models unlocked if we aren't going to get flagship models available on Bell, Telus, and Rogers. Carrier exclusivity limits potential sales. I hate it.

I've been so tempted by the 1520 since it was announced, but I want to see and hold one in person first (which isn't possible in Canada). Stuck in limbo waiting to upgrade from ATIV S (an excellent device by the way).

I am in Toronto. I got an unlocked 1520 RM-937 HK country variant from amazon.ca
The Cyan update was release 3 weeks ago. Now fully updated to the official 8.1
The phone is really great. It feels awkward at first because it's big, now it feels just like a regular phone. Go for it!

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I am in Toronto. I got an unlocked 1520 RM-937 HK country variant from amazon.ca
The Cyan update was release 3 weeks ago. Now fully updated to the official 8.1
The phone is really great. It feels awkward at first because it's big, now it feels just like a regular phone. Go for it!

Couldnt agree more. Best phone I ever had. Hope you got a case for it. If not I can send an awesome eBay link where I got mine from for ?2 and it acts as a kick stand and a wallet and card holder and has a magnet lock

badr0b0t

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I do have 2 silicon cases (black and yellow) and I am fine with that. Thanks!
Sent from my
Nokia Lumia 1520
using Tapatalk

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Fantastic. You could've saved 6 pages of people misinterpreting your post by at least saying that in the beginning instead of trying to be all cool and cryptic, Mr. Bond.

you could of read the first page and you would of had your answer. Im not trying to be cool or cryptic. I just passed on information to people that live in Canada that not all hope is lost for WP. maybe in the future I wont say ****.

jonnaver

Banned
Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
you could of read the first page and you would of had your answer. Im not trying to be cool or cryptic. I just passed on information to people that live in Canada that not all hope is lost for WP. maybe in the future I wont say ****.
That would be awesome. The last sentence I mean

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Honestly the only people to blame for the lack of WP besides the carriers is Microsoft. As said before by RJ Priest, the Microsoft store can easily sell all unlocked Lumia Phones (if they work on the carrier network of course) in their stores but decided to limit it too two models.

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Hehe little woods.. nah I kid :p

I am interested in knowing as well, I'm guessing they either made a connection with Microsoft or a supplier? Is Little Woods popular in England or is it like a independent store thing?

badr0b0t

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
I didn't say it was a shop employee. and no im not impressionable, I know a lot more than you think I know, and yes a lot of my stuff involves NDA's, this particular thing does not but im not gonna go into detail about it other than that new phones are coming. If you are not fine with that then I suggest you move along and don't post.

Okay. So what's with the secrecy? It would have been an interesting discussion if you shared something that we can talk about other than having these people slam you for saying nothing. Your title talks about "new phones", there's always something new everyday.

Last edited:

ShinraCorp

Feb 13, 2014
Visit site
Or go the amazon.ca way.

As a consumer sure. I suppose I should of been clear on my answer. I'm looking at it from a potential business owner perspective. I want to open shop in Ottawa/Gatineau but lack the funds right now to do it. Basically I'm wondering how they got the Lumia supply. Was it directly from Microsoft or from a wholesale/supplier?

I want to sell WP to Canadians because I believe they will love it's simplicity but yet customizable design.

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Maybe all of us Canadian users should tweet to Microsoft Canada, Nokia Canada, Microsoft Store, Nadella and Elop in one fell swoop? It would be hard to not notice like 10 tweets within an hour, would it?

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Okay. So what's with the secrecy? It would have been an interesting discussion if you shared something that we can talk about other than having these people slam you for saying nothing. Your title talks about "new phones", there's always something new everyday.

you know what I was being nice saying some new phones were coming to Canada, just to let folk know that there were some coming. I don't have to give any details of what they are and now I will not give any details going forward, mod please close or delete this thread.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro