Most smartphone users uninterested in apps?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Speaking of...
Just deleted 11 apps from my Lumia 925 that I don't remember installing.

Have a habit of grabbing "apps gone free" from App Social then uninstalling them so I'll have the apps in my store history.
Most of them I have never gotten back to.

anon6002755

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Speaking of...
Just deleted 11 apps from my Lumia 925 that I don't remember installing.

Have a habit of grabbing "apps gone free" from App Social then uninstalling them so I'll have the apps in my store history.

At least im not the only one that does this.

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Due to the nature of my job i try a lot of apps, which then i delete soon after. When it comes to use, the research applies to me perfectly. I need the same set of apps in any phone i use (it would be strange to see something different anyways).
I find the research somewhat useless as it confirms the obvious. If i don't need a banking app...why should i waste time installing one? If i am not interested in games, what is the purpose of installing a few except taking space in my SD?
I have a bunch of news apps which i use regularly (Weave, Flux, The Fifth, Fuse, Netxgen, Collector, Microsoft News, Newspapers). I regularly end up with Nextgen being the official app (Through Feedly allows for OPML import), the Fifth being second in line but with limitations and Weave an occasional reading. The others are there either as backup or just for keeping track of how they evolve in time.
Truth is i could easily live with
- A good photo app
- A good photo editor
- A good office app
- A good chinese-eng application (like Pleco or Hanping on other platforms)
- A good news reader (Nextgen would be my choice at the moment)
- A good video app (Metrotube fits all my needs and beyond
- A good file manager
- A good mail app (Like K9 for android)
- A few good messaging apps for different needs, with some client that includes skype, yahoo etc. (Im+ Pro is terrible on all platforms and just dropped Skype support after i paid just for that)
- A good music manager
- A good browser (Preferably mozilla or dolphin without using the IE like apis all other browsers use because they allow for a lot of customizations and are very stable, unlike IE that lacks everywhere)
Games? I have a bunch (Asphalt, Fifa and others). Never use them. Not sold on the freemium model so whenever i am asked to buy anything for gaming i run.
Social media? I don't use them at all so i am immune to FB, Twitter and the likes.

The research is stating a basic law of economy in other words. Once your basic needs are satisfied your drive to search for more is mitigated by the sense of satisfaction what you have gives you. So excluding the curious ones and those with no clue and younger ones, the others will stick with the apps they want or need changing them only when the existing apps show limits or others become more functional. My primary reader was Flux...Nexgen improved over time...Flux was never updated and doesn't keep its promises (Offline reading, will keep showing read articles etc.)...when Nexgen improved i bought it and dropped Flux which became a zombie in my memory (may even remove it eventually).

I think many others operate in the same way with very little difference.

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
FWIW, I never heard of Flux. I got Nextgen Reader and especially like it, since it's a Universal App. It syncs flawlessly with the Windows 8.1 version.

Hi Laura if you're curious: Flux | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

I used to like it. But no updates and no bug fixes. Dev said he'd fix but nothing happened in ages. I agree on NextGen. With all my rants on apps NextGen is really a gem of an app. I am really happy of it. The Fifth is promising too. But has occasional crashes and doesn't have Feedly or OPML support. I have like 200 subscriptions and adding them manually is a real pain.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

I'm guilty also.

Oh, I thought I was the only one that did that. I do it on both my WP & Android. I use the Amazon App Store for Android, and they have a free app every day. I don't always "buy" it, but if it looks interesting, or I need it now or think I might in the future, or costs more than 99?, then I often get it.

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site

I'm guilty also.

You'r awfull, just like a bunch of kids.
As long as it is for free.......
What are you guy's? Dutch?
Apps for 50C no way..............ow for free? gime gime gime wana wana wana.....

Okay..................................................guilty as sin
H? but etleast i am Dutch, we supose to act on free bargains

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Apps for 50C no way..............ow for free? gime gime gime wana wana wana.....

We're all coming out of the woodwork now. Guilty as charged your honor.

BTW, let's give a big round of applause to our esteemed mod who dropped the dime on us. Snitches get stitches and end up in ditches!!!

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

I'm like that with groceries too. If a new product comes out I'll wait till I get a coupon plus it's on sale before I buy it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2