If people is so negative... Why not to change to other OS?

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Why people "tired" of WP have not changed to iOS or Android?

It is weird, if I'm not satisfied with my phone, the first thing I will do is jump out and buy another phone with another OS.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Perhaps they don't have money to buy devices on their own will.having invested money by purchasing wp devices unlocked devices they cant sell to buy new android devices.that's because resale value of WP is very less.That's the case in my place India.

skstrials

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I wish the best for Windows Phone, but it's still not where it should be for me to even consider switching to Windows Phone from BlackBerry 10.

Right now, there is no real advantage to owning both a Windows computer and a Windows Phone, other than that unified look.

vishalbswami

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
In India we have purchased unlocked windows phone at hepty price. We cant change our phone easily if we don't afford. So we are still stuck with this os .

stevemind

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I think you'll find in other forums that no one's happy with either Os! Dout you can find everyone really happy......Just that's the way it is, yeah I enjoy using my 630 and will keep using and upgrading to the next Lumia. I just cant stand the "others" plus all forums are open to all the trolls and haters,flamers ect.ect regardless how amazing wp is or will become.

AbhishekSinha1601

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I'm still there with WP because it is the most secure platform. And I like the live tiles instead of traditional icons of iOS and android. Secondly, iPhones are very costly (in India) and androids are simply insecure.

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm with windows phone because one I've a thing for underdogs and secondly, a part of me admires how they have stuck with their unique modern UI and it would be a shame if the platform died. Yeah, you could say I'm suffering from my-phone-is-unique syndrome.
Yes, I've some problems with it. For example, Facebook and Twitter apps are sub par. Some of the other apps have no official clients. But that said, I'm able to do everything(or rather most of it) that you could expect from a smartphone. There are some really wonderful 3rd party clients and when worst comes to the worst, I pin the web page of my favorite service to the start screen.
Also, I've this 525, and at the time of purchase there was no android alternative that came near it in term of specs, fluidity and stability(Moto E wasn't available in my country and Moto G was $40 expensive plus no SD card slot was a deal breaker).

So yeah, the only way I'm gonna buy android/ios is if my JOB depends on it. Even then I'll keep a windows phone as an alternative just to keep the platform going.

Woah, I'm suffering from extreme fanboyism. Cheers! 😃

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
I'm with windows phone because one I've a thing for underdogs and secondly, a part of me admires how they have stuck with their unique modern UI and it would be a shame if the platform died. Yeah, you could say I'm suffering from my-phone-is-unique syndrome.
Yes, I've some problems with it. For example, Facebook and Twitter apps are sub par. Some of the other apps have no official clients. But that said, I'm able to do everything(or rather most of it) that you could expect from a smartphone. There are some really wonderful 3rd party clients and when worst comes to the worst, I pin the web page of my favorite service to the start screen.
Also, I've this 525, and at the time of purchase there was no android alternative that came near it in term of specs, fluidity and stability(Moto E wasn't available in my country and Moto G was $40 expensive plus no SD card slot was a deal breaker).

So yeah, the only way I'm gonna buy android/ios is if my JOB depends on it. Even then I'll keep a windows phone as an alternative just to keep the platform going.

Woah, I'm suffering from extreme fanboyism. Cheers! ��
The 525 should have been released worldwide. Every app, available on the phone, faster and with sd card support up to128 gb with 8.1. Its amazing.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
People who talk negatively already have android or ios.they compare nd vent out.

Sent from my C2305 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
The 525 should have been released worldwide. Every app, available on the phone, faster and with sd card support up to128 gb with 8.1. Its amazing.

It is amazing man. It should've. Still there is a lot of room for improvement. And like I always say, there are five things Microsoft Mobile shouldn't compromise on: Flash, Front facing camera, Sd card slot, 1gb ram, newer generation quadcores(they don't necessarily have to be premium, Qualcomm introduce lines of entry level and lower midrange chipsets as well). And the reason why are they important
Flash- useful in low light photography plus can be used as torch.
Front facing camera- Video calling plus selfies(if you're into that sort of stuff which apparently the teens and tweens are)
SD card slot- for media expansion and now for apps and games as well. You may not be an app hoarder but SD card slot comes in handy for photos and media.
1gb ram- no limitation for games and apps plus more fluid experience
Newer generation quadcores- they basically make your phone future proof plus more fluid and stable experience.

I hope Microsoft do read these suggestion and implement them in 2015's lineup.

Last edited:

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
It is amazing man. It should've. Still there is a lot of room for improvement. And like I always say, there are five things Microsoft Mobile shouldn't compromise on: Flash, Front facing camera, Sd card slot, 1gb ram, newer generation quadcores(they don't necessarily have to be premium, Qualcomm introduce lines of entry level and lower midrange chipsets as well). And the reason why are they important
Flash- useful in low light photography plus can be used as torch.
Front facing camera- Video calling plus selfies(if you're into that sort of stuff which apparently the teens and tweens are)
SD card slot- for media expansion and now for apps and games as well. You may not be a app border but SD card slot comes in handy for photos and media.
1gb ram- no limitation for games and apps plus more fluid experience
Newer generation quadcores- they basically make your phone future proof plus more fluid and stable experience.

I hope Microsoft do read these suggestion and implement them in 2015's lineup.

Then people may only go for low end not mid or high end.

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Then people may only go for low end not mid or high end.

Err... Please don't defend the companies for their stupid decisions. They are not Apple and in dire need to be aggressive. Still there maybe a lot of differentiators. People go for numbers. So here it goes:

SD200, SD 400/410, SD600/610/615, SD805/808/810

1GB RAM, 1.5GB RAM, 2GB RAM, 3GB RAM, 4GB RAM

8GB internal storage, 16GB, 32GB, 64GB.

5MP camera, 8MP, 13MP, 20MP, 41MP

4.5" screen size, 4.7", 5", 5.5", 6".

480p screen, 540p, 720p, 1080p, 2160p.

720p video recording, 1080p, 2160p.

There, a lot of factors to differentiate between different price points. Now tell me people would only want to buy lower end.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
For the ones that complain all the time (we all know those types) no OS would make them happy. They always find things to point out as bad about that particular OS.

Sent from my DX4860 using Tapatalk

RavenSword

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm curious what other OS windows fans would go to if they had to. iOS seems the most like WP considering it's clean, uniformed design. But maybe most Microsoft fans would never buy a apple product for some reason?

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm curious what other OS windows fans would go to if they had to. iOS seems the most like WP considering it's clean, uniformed design. But maybe most Microsoft fans would never buy a apple product for some reason?

If there is no Windows phone I will go to android Apple products are way overpriced atleast in India where we have no contract purchase.that is why android popularity is exploding in India.market share of android is 81%.I don't know when it will become 95% or more.maybe within another 2 year's.

RavenSword

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
If there is no Windows phone I will go to android Apple products are way overpriced atleast in India where we have no contract purchase.that is why android popularity is exploding in India.market share of android is 81%.I don't know when it will become 95% or more.maybe within another 2 year's.

Yeah, I can see that. My only counter point is how good are those cheaper android options? While obviously we can only afford what we can afford, I'm not sure how good these cheaper android options are in comparison to the iphone or flagship higher priced android handsets.

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I can see that. My only counter point is how good are those cheaper android options? While obviously we can only afford what we can afford, I'm not sure how good these cheaper android options are in comparison to the iphone or flagship higher priced android handsets.

If you go cheap you have to compromise performance and latest apps nd games.it will lag nd stutter.camera will be useless nd battery life will be unpredictable.this was the case before now you have moto g series which are very smooth nd give you all you need except camera nd occasional lags.but in android we can root with the help of xda nd use custom roms.

RavenSword

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
If you go cheap you have to compromise performance and latest apps nd games.it will lag nd stutter.camera will be useless nd battery life will be unpredictable.this was the case before now you have moto g series which are very smooth nd give you all you need except camera nd occasional lags.but in android we can root with the help of xda nd use custom roms.

Yeah, Moto g is a pretty great deal. As far as low end goes , it seems like WP performs alot better. That's why I don't want to see it (windows phone) go away, because android is so hit or miss when you get below 600 dollars or so.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo